+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bacuna is a Bluebird - CONFIRMED

Re: Bacuna is a Bluebird - CONFIRMED

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Not the most reliable of websites is it. They say Bacuna left Villa for Reading in Summer 2018 but it was actually August 2017. They also say he got relegated from the Championship with Villa in 2016 but it was of course from the Premier League. If they cant get basic facts like that right, I wouldnt believe a word they print. Also bearing in mind Villa fans honestly believe that they should be in the Prem instead of us, I think they will say anything to try to wind us up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Bacuna's disciplinary record is interesting:

2015/16 - 9 yellow cards
    2016/17 - 8 yellow cards, 1 red card
    2017/18 - 13 yellow cards, 1 red card
    2018/19 - 4 yellow cards, 1 red card

Looks like he'll give Harry Arter a run for his money.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Not the most reliable of websites is it. They say Bacuna left Villa for Reading in Summer 2018 but it was actually August 2017. They also say he got relegated from the Championship with Villa in 2016 but it was of course from the Premier League. If they cant get basic facts like that right, I wouldnt believe a word they print. Also bearing in mind Villa fans honestly believe that they should be in the Prem instead of us, I think they will say anything to try to wind us up.
    None of the opinion is written by the person who wrote the article though - it's essentially fluffer so they can put the tweets in there.

Have you read what Pearcey (the Reading fan) has had to say about Bacuna on here? I'm guessing you'd write off his opinion too, for some brilliant reason.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    A company called Unique Sports Management that also represents the likes of Harry Kane, Wilfried Zaha and David Brooks, apparently.
    A few years ago Neil Warnock's son James used to work as a consultant to Unique Sports Management. Maybe he's still with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    None of the opinion is written by the person who wrote the article though - it's essentially fluffer so they can put the tweets in there.

Have you read what Pearcey (the Reading fan) has had to say about Bacuna on here? I'm guessing you'd write off his opinion too, for some brilliant reason.
    He doesn’t need to. He’s seen that 6 year old free kick on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    A few years ago Neil Warnock's son James used to work as a consultant to Unique Sports Management. Maybe he's still with them?

Sure I read a comment of the Reading forum that he has only really been decent for them at RB. I'm assuming that's where we see him playing, he will certainly have more going forward than Bruno or Peltier. Utility player, can cover cm also.

Give the lad a chance, we have clearly struggled this window for various reasons even before the Sala tragedy. After that it was always going to make it harder to get players in.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He doesn’t need to. He’s seen that 6 year old free kick on YouTube.
    What a free kick though!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    What a free kick though!!!
    Give Whitt’s a 10 year deal if we’re dishing out contracts based on great free kicks!!!

Heisenberg

Give Whitt’s a 10 year deal if we’re dishing out contracts based on great free kicks!!!
    Only 10? What is this, the Solskjaer years?!

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Sure I read a comment of the Reading forum that he has only really been decent for them at RB. I'm assuming that's where we see him playing, he will certainly have more going forward than Bruno or Peltier. Utility player, can cover cm also.

Give the lad a chance, we have clearly struggled this window for various reasons even before the Sala tragedy. After that it was always going to make it harder to get players in.
    We’ve got a player in. Not a very good one based on the last few years. On a 4.5 year deal.

This is why I said a few days ago to keep our powder dry for the summer rather than bring players in for the sake of it who are not going to keep us up.

We could be changing manager in the next 6/18 months given Warnocks age and we could be stuck with a player for 3/4 years that the new manager doesn’t want.

I wasn’t Malkys biggest fan but Tan unfairly laid all the blame at his door he last time we were here. However, It seems the club have learned nothing themselves since then and are still making expensive mistakes.

Why haven't we brought him here in some sort of coaching capacity? He's clearly finished as a player, but his expertise could come in very handy.

There’s got to be more than this than meets the eye. 4.5 year deal for a player struggling in the championship ?!?! Sorry but it don’t add up. I’m flabbergasted.
    I sense Reading are pissing themselves at this transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Bacuna has barely ever played at fullback for Reading

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Why haven't we brought him here in some sort of coaching capacity? He's clearly finished as a player, but his expertise could come in very handy.
    I could be wrong, you’re the numbers man, but since Whitts left our scoring from set piece stats must have taken a huge hit.

I sense Reading are pissing themselves at this transfer.
    Laughing all the way to the bank as the saying goes

He’s currently doing his badges in between getting pissed around Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Bacuna has barely ever played at fullback for Reading
    So despite playing a centre back at right back for virtually all of this season it seems we have still not fixed the problem despite having a month to do so.

Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    He’s currently doing his badges in between getting pissed around Barry
    Hey! He does what he wants!

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    So despite playing a centre back at right back for virtually all of this season it seems we have still not fixed the problem despite having a month to do so.

Brilliant
    Well we have fixed it. Well be playing a midfielder there.

I could be wrong, you’re the numbers man, but since Whitts left our scoring from set piece stats must have taken a huge hit.
    Interesting question.

2018/19 - 6 goals from set pieces (30% of all goals) so far
    2017/18 - 21 goals from set pieces (30%)
    2016/17 - 21 goals from set pieces (35%)
    2015/16 - 13 goals from set pieces (23%)
    2014/15 - 17 goals from set pieces (30%)
    2013/14 - 13 goals from set pieces (41%)

There are no stats available before the 2013/14 season. It's worth adding that Whittingham scored only 1 or 2 free kicks during this period so we're talking about goals scored from corners/free kicks being launched into the box.

Well we have fixed it. Well be playing a midfielder there.
    Right back up front. Midfielder at full back. Zohore is going in goal next game.

Interesting question.

2018/19 - 6 goals from set pieces (30% of all goals) so far
    2017/18 - 21 goals from set pieces (30%)
    2016/17 - 21 goals from set pieces (35%)
    2015/16 - 13 goals from set pieces (23%)
    2014/15 - 17 goals from set pieces (30%)
    2013/14 - 13 goals from set pieces (41%)

There are no stats available before the 2013/14 season. It's worth adding that Whittingham scored only 1 or 2 free kicks during this period so we're talking about goals scored from corners/free kicks being launched into the box.
    Hmm surprising. Morrison seemed to score a lot of goals from Whitts corners / free kicks. Don’t remember him getting as many last year.

Right back up front. Midfielder at full back. Zohore is going in goal next game.
    I pity the next manager trying to pull the square pegs out of the round holes.

If you didn't laugh you'd cry.

I honestly wonder what those at the club are doing at times like this.

If we have signed a midfielder to play at right back in the place of a central defender playing at right back then it is truly laughable but that is how it seems.