Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
For me we have in the main messed up the last three transfer windows.

Summer looked encouraging with Reid and Murphy but we do not play them.

Last January we spent £6 million on a striker that didn't score and is now out on loan.

This window we have not remedied any of our gaps both in midfield or at right back.
This isn't a new thing by any means.

The club make noises like 'we'll have to wait and see' and 'we can't get it over the line' on regular occasions and we have missed most targets. Something behind the scenes is not right.

Sadly, the Sala deal looked the best bit of business we had done for quite some time but we'll never find out.

The sooner we get a football man in place to see these things through smoothly the better. What we have in place, for me, isn't good enough and it has shown time and again.

We had a chance this season from here on in with a strong window but all hope for me has all but been lost and most people I know feel the same after tonight.
So, you make absolutely no allowance for the Sala accident and that the staff and players are obviously devastated by what happened. Its a wonder they could turn up to work at all, let alone sign any players. You say we 'messed up' the January 2018 window, totally ignoring the fact that we were promoted to the Premier League in second place with 91 points after it. What did you expect this season then - European qualification !!