+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Agents

Free Agents

We’ve clearly had a poor transfer window, but could there be any potential for free agents?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/laci.../spieler/69006

A couple of midfielders could help - Touré or Cabaye on pay as you play deals until the end of the season?

Traore whilst not having a good scoring record could fit into our system as sole striker?

Might be clutching but can only hope.

Re: Free Agents

Get them all in.

I see Ledley is now a free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I see Ledley is now a free agent.
    Decent cover as a defensive midfielder. Could be his last chance in the big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Decent cover as a defensive midfielder. Could be his last chance in the big time.
    Who is our current DM cover? even if it's playing 15 minutes a game and giving Gunnarson a bit more rest it could make good sense.

Scraping the barrel now

Would take Ledley. Good option on low wages if we hit another injury crisis.

Ledley - Cabaye - Toure

****ing yes please.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Who is our current DM cover? even if it's playing 15 minutes a game and giving Gunnarson a bit more rest it could make good sense.
    All of our central midfielders, with the exception of Camarasa, are going to be DM options - including Paterson. Even Bamba is cover in an absolute emergency.

Seeing fans suggest Ledley as an option is genuinely a disappointing sight. His legs have gone and he was deemed to be behind Bryson, Huddlestone and Andy King in the pecking order of a Championship team. He would be miles off the pace in our team, in my opinion.

Is it the Cardiff connection that blinds people or am I being too harsh?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    All of our central midfielders, with the exception of Camarasa, are going to be DM options - including Paterson. Even Bamba is cover in an absolute emergency.

Seeing fans suggest Ledley as an option is genuinely a disappointing sight. His legs have gone and he was deemed to be behind Bryson, Huddlestone and Andy King in the pecking order of a Championship team. He would be miles off the pace in our team, in my opinion.

Is it the Cardiff connection that blinds people or am I being too harsh?
    Nope totally agree. Ledley nowhere near good enough.

Giuseppe Rossi is a free agent, training with Man Utd but has no prospect of a contract from them.

I never thought Ledley was that good a midfielder when he was with us. Scored a few goals and was in the right place right time etc but never dictated a game, could never pass and would often go missing. Essentially what Gunnar is now to us.

Fulham have signed Lazar Marković on a free transfer from Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I never thought Ledley was that good a midfielder when he was with us. Scored a few goals and was in the right place right time etc but never dictated a game, could never pass and would often go missing. Essentially what Gunnar is now to us.
    Yeah, those two goals he scored at Wembley for us were rubbish weren't they. Ledley was the type of player that was needed to help someone like Steve McPhail play like he could do at his best for us, he was one of the reasons why Jason Koumas was the success he was in his first spell for us and it was because of players like him that we were able to have "luxury" players like Chopra, Bothroyd and McCormack in the same team at times.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yeah, those two goals he scored at Wembley for us were rubbish weren't they. Ledley was the type of player that was needed to help someone like Steve McPhail play like he could do at his best for us, he was one of the reasons why Jason Koumas was the success he was in his first spell for us and it was because of players like him that we were able to have "luxury" players like Chopra, Bothroyd and McCormack in the same team at times.
    He was the type of player you realised how much he did, when he was out injured or suspended.

However, its the usual lets sign someone because he used to play for us or hes Welsh comments again. Nowhere near good enough anymore.

According to Wales Online the 25 man squad has already been submitted, so no potential for signing free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You missed the part where I mentioned his goals.
    I would’ve preferred to sell him to Stoke than Ramsey to Arsenal and thought that at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    Fulham have signed Lazar Marković on a free transfer from Liverpool.
    Would have hoped we would have gone for him

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    According to Wales Online the 25 man squad has already been submitted, so no potential for signing free agents.
    Niasse has replaced Madine. Bacuna, Heeley and O'Keefe are now in the mix. Morrison should be back in March.

I assume O'Keefe will be with the u23s when his injury is healed and then will leave in the summer at the end of his contract.

But someone will have to drop out of the 25 to make room for Bacuna, and if Heeley stays and is part of the 25 another one will have to miss out too. It wouldn't surprise me to see one or two contracts terminated by mutual consent (partly paid up) if any of our players have got a club lined up as a 'free agent'.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Niasse has replaced Madine. Bacuna, Heeley and O'Keefe are now in the mix. Morrison should be back in March.

I assume O'Keefe will be with the u23s when his injury is healed and then will leave in the summer at the end of his contract.

But someone will have to drop out of the 25 to make room for Bacuna, and if Heeley stays and is part of the 25 another one will have to miss out too. It wouldn't surprise me to see one or two contracts terminated by mutual consent (partly paid up) if any of our players have got a club lined up as a 'free agent'.
    Jazz Richards is the obvious candidate to drop out of the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...squad-15025898

Cardiff City's 25-man Premier League squad:

Neil Etheridge
    Alex Smithies
    Brian Murphy
    Lee Peltier
    Jazz Richards
    Leandro Bacuna (for Matt Connolly)
    Bruno Manga
    Sean Morrison
    Sol Bamba
    Joe Bennett
    Greg Cunningham
    Aron Gunnarsson
    Harry Arter
    Joe Ralls
    Victor Camarasa
    Callum Paterson
    Josh Murphy
    Kadeem Harris
    Junior Hoilett
    Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
    Bobby Decordova-Reid
    Kenneth Zohore
    Danny Ward
    Oumar Niasse (for Gary Madine)
    Rhys Healey (for Loic Damour)

Then again, it maybe that Damour has been left out of the 25 so that leaves another space, he is not going to play for us again, as city were trying to get him out on loan!

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...squad-15025898

Cardiff City's 25-man Premier League squad:

Neil Etheridge
    Alex Smithies
    Brian Murphy
    Lee Peltier
    Jazz Richards
    Leandro Bacuna (for Matt Connolly)
    Bruno Manga
    Sean Morrison
    Sol Bamba
    Joe Bennett
    Greg Cunningham
    Aron Gunnarsson
    Harry Arter
    Joe Ralls
    Victor Camarasa
    Callum Paterson
    Josh Murphy
    Kadeem Harris
    Junior Hoilett
    Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
    Bobby Decordova-Reid
    Kenneth Zohore
    Danny Ward
    Oumar Niasse (for Gary Madine)
    Rhys Healey (for Loic Damour)
    Can't see Connolly being left out after what's happened to Morrison?

Connolly had the Hull moved lined up and Damour was close to a move to the SPL - so if Wales Online have got the 25 man squad right I hope both are allowed to leave the club this month on a free and play football again.

Connolly had the Hull moved lined up and Damour was close to a move to the SPL - so if Wales Online have got the 25 man squad right I hope both are allowed to leave the club this month on a free and play football again.
    Connolly's move was pulled due to Morrison's illness. I assume he won't be out for too much longer, as we don't have another recognised centre back in the squad. I don't class Cunningham or Peltier as viable options.