+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jeremy Hardy

Jeremy Hardy

He has died of cancer aged just 57.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...cancer-aged-57

He was brilliant on The News Quiz and I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue - witty, self-depreciating and humane. I saw him live a few time too - always nailed it for me with his mild-mannered, tea drinking, 'English suburbia' take on the big issues of the day. Very similar in style and outlook to his friend Linda Smith who also died much too young.

Sad loss.

Re: Jeremy Hardy

I'm so saddened to hear that Jeremy had suffered and has now died.

I met him a few times after his gigs and like a number of comedians, he was low in mood.

He told me, that whilst he loved to make people laugh, he was wracked with nerves every night he toured just in case people didn't laugh.

Another reason he didn't like touring was for that period, he was away from his family. He found that very difficult.

There's more, but won't go into detail. Jeremy was a gentle man in the truest sense.

R.I.P.

He was a real wit and a cut above the many so-called comedians who think that shouting out crudities passes as humour on the plethora of 'laddish', low-brow TV panel shows.
    As stated above, he was terrific on the News Quiz and on the wonderful medium of radio in general.

Funny guy. He crafted his routines very nicely.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    He was a real wit and a cut above the many so-called comedians who think that shouting out crudities passes as humour on the plethora of 'laddish', low-brow TV panel shows.
    Penis.

RIP JH, you will be missed.