+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 0 AFC BOURNEMOUTH. Match thread

FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 0 AFC BOURNEMOUTH. Match thread

Saturday 5:30pm. Live on BT Sport

Referee: Jonathan Moss
    Assistants: Marc Perry, Andy Halliday
    Fourth official: Graham Scott

Another massive game. We are in serious need of a win or we might find ourselves cut off with little chance of getting out of it soon.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v AFC BOURNEMOUTH. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Saturday 5:30pm. Live on BT Sport

Referee: Jonathan Moss
    Assistants: Marc Perry, Andy Halliday
    Fourth official: Graham Scott

Another massive game. We are in serious need of a win or we might find ourselves cut off with little chance of getting out of it soon.
    Agreed.
    We really need to pull a shock off tomorrow.
    With the emotion around Sala maybe tomorrow is the day.

Is Victor fit?

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Is Victor fit?
    Warnock said that Camarasa and Murphy have been struggling.

Are we done if we lose this? We seem to be running out of “winnable” games but Bournemouth are a cut above us quality wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Are we done if we lose this? We seem to be running out of “winnable” games but Bournemouth are a cut above us quality wise.
    Chelsea apart, they have had a pretty poor run for some time. Their away form is not up to much either.
    We will need a slice of luck but if we can start well, not give away a goal early doors we might have a chance.

Etheridge

Bacuna Manga Bamba Bennett

Ralls Gunnarsson Camarasa

Murphy Niasse Reid

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Etheridge

Murphy Niasse Reid
    if Camarasa and Murphy are sttruggling you might see NM-L and Paterson in those slots.

I think Reid and Niasse is a must as we look to show a threat in attack but we have to be wary of AFC on the break, they are lethal

if Camarasa and Murphy are sttruggling you might see NM-L and Paterson in those slots.

I think Reid and Niasse is a must as we look to show a threat in attack but we have to be wary of AFC on the break, they are lethal
    I'm more inclined to think Bacuna will play in midfield for Camarasa if he is out, and Peliter (sigh) will remain at right back. **** sake, #anyonebutpeltier. No offence, Lee.

• Cardiff are winless in five home matches against Bournemouth in all competitions (D3 L2) since a 2-1 win in a third tier match in April 1994.
    • Bournemouth have only won two of their 16 away league matches against Cardiff (D6 L8), with Eddie Howe featuring for the Cherries the last time they did so in March 2000.
    • Cardiff have failed to score in their last two Premier League home games, attempting just eight shots and three shots on target (W0 D1 L1).
    • No side have drawn more Premier League games 0-0 than Cardiff this season (4). Indeed their four goalless draws this season is more than Bournemouth have had in their last two campaigns combined in the competition (3).
    • Bournemouth have lost their last six away Premier League games, conceding at least twice each time. They've not lost seven in a row on the road in league football since October 1994.
    • Only Fulham (30) have conceded more away Premier League goals this season than Bournemouth (25).
    • In 2019, only Accrington Stanley (0) have scored fewer goals in the top four tiers of English league football than Cardiff City (1).
    • Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson has scored seven goals in his last six Premier League starts against newly promoted teams, netting one against Cardiff earlier this season.
    • On the day of this match, it will be 19 years and 102 days since Cardiff manager Neil Warnock hosted Bournemouth in a league match - a 2-2 draw as Bury manager at Gigg Lane in October 1999.
    • Cardiff winger Nathaniel Mendez-Laing scored his first Premier League goal in their 1-2 defeat to Arsenal, meaning he has scored in all four English league divisions since the 2014-15 season, one of only two players to achieve this feat in that time along with Alfie Mawson.

Please Neil don’t pick peltier he got tore a new one in the reverse fixture. Niasse and Reid is a must and Patterson on the bench

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Please Neil don’t pick peltier he got tore a new one in the reverse fixture. Niasse and Reid is a must and Patterson on the bench
    Am I the only one who thought Peltier did ok against Arsenal? It looked like we played 3/5 at the back for the majority of the game with Paterson playing wingback. That's the only formation where I think Peltier could be utilised at all as he's got cover either side of him. Perhaps it will be Bacuna tomorrow...

• Cardiff are winless in five home matches against Bournemouth in all competitions (D3 L2) since a 2-1 win in a third tier match in April 1994.
    • Bournemouth have only won two of their 16 away league matches against Cardiff (D6 L8), with Eddie Howe featuring for the Cherries the last time they did so in March 2000.
    • Cardiff have failed to score in their last two Premier League home games, attempting just eight shots and three shots on target (W0 D1 L1).
    • No side have drawn more Premier League games 0-0 than Cardiff this season (4). Indeed their four goalless draws this season is more than Bournemouth have had in their last two campaigns combined in the competition (3).
    • Bournemouth have lost their last six away Premier League games, conceding at least twice each time. They've not lost seven in a row on the road in league football since October 1994.
    • Only Fulham (30) have conceded more away Premier League goals this season than Bournemouth (25).
    • In 2019, only Accrington Stanley (0) have scored fewer goals in the top four tiers of English league football than Cardiff City (1).
    • Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson has scored seven goals in his last six Premier League starts against newly promoted teams, netting one against Cardiff earlier this season.
    • On the day of this match, it will be 19 years and 102 days since Cardiff manager Neil Warnock hosted Bournemouth in a league match - a 2-2 draw as Bury manager at Gigg Lane in October 1999.
    • Cardiff winger Nathaniel Mendez-Laing scored his first Premier League goal in their 1-2 defeat to Arsenal, meaning he has scored in all four English league divisions since the 2014-15 season, one of only two players to achieve this feat in that time along with Alfie Mawson.
    That's a nice stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Am I the only one who thought Peltier did ok against Arsenal? It looked like we played 3/5 at the back for the majority of the game with Paterson playing wingback. That's the only formation where I think Peltier could be utilised at all as he's got cover either side of him. Perhaps it will be Bacuna tomorrow...
    Maybe, thought manga really struggled because the 2 beside him couldn’t pick up the man running in behind

In fairness from what I saw, he didn't actually look too bad. However, it's time we start using the full backs to attack, which he absolutely cannot do. Nor do I think he could put in a performance like that every week, particularly against counter attacking teams, which Arsenal are not.

Heisenberg

Maybe, thought manga really struggled because the 2 beside him couldn’t pick up the man running in behind
    It looked like Peltier and Bennett were given man marking jobs again (which I'm not sure I'm keen on, but I'm not the manager, eh?) as they were dragged out of position several times. Meaning Bruno and Bamba had to go wider than perhaps they needed to a few times... but aside from a few dodgy challenges by Bruno, I thought we defended well on the whole and much better than in recent games (not sure about Huddersfield as that was barely a football match).

If we defend as well as we did on Tuesday, at least we've got a chance tomorrow

It looked like Peltier and Bennett were given man marking jobs again (which I'm not sure I'm keen on, but I'm not the manager, eh?) as they were dragged out of position several times. Meaning Bruno and Bamba had to go wider than perhaps they needed to a few times... but aside from a few dodgy challenges by Bruno, I thought we defended well on the whole and much better than in recent games (not sure about Huddersfield as that was barely a football match).

If we defend as well as we did on Tuesday, at least we've got a chance tomorrow
    If we play anywhere near the level we did on Tuesday I’d fancy us to win, we really need to watch the runners getting in behind though especially with the pace they have. I think it showed on Tuesday how much we’ve missed a striker

niasse and reid should be a cert... run at clyne and tear him a new 1...

after the win against chelsea they will be bouncing...

nothing less than a point will do

David Brooks and Callum Wilson apparently not travelled too.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Etheridge

Murphy Niasse Reid
    Surely Falls cannot start ?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    David Brooks and Callum Wilson apparently not travelled too.
    SKY SOURCES: @afcbournemouth midfielder David Brooks to miss around four weeks with ankle injury. #SSN

No your not the only one, he had a stinker first game of the season and now its fashionable to slag the **** out of him, he's been decent every time I've seen him recently. I'd have NML starting as well, he's been really impressive IMO, all the more impressive given he was born neckless.

SKY SOURCES: @afcbournemouth midfielder David Brooks to miss around four weeks with ankle injury. #SSN
    This is very good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    No your not the only one, he had a stinker first game of the season and now its fashionable to slag the **** out of him, he's been decent every time I've seen him recently. I'd have NML starting as well, he's been really impressive IMO, all the more impressive given he was born neckless.
    Missed the Newcastle game then?

Missed the Newcastle game then?
    they were all fecking useless that day