Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
nothing to do with this cold weather snap by the way, just got a hot water tap issue ive noticed for a few months now that the hot water coming from the hot tap in the bath does not get hot, like piping hot like a bath tap should, the hot water from the sink tap in the bath room is piping also the hot tap in the kitchen...

ive w orcester combi boiler where i have switches i can turn up the temp on the radiators, and turn up the temp of the tap water... which i have tried and turned it up and the tap water i could barely touch but the bath tap water is the same luke warm... getting to the point where its not hot enough to bathe in, great for the kids but you know when you want a nice hot soak...no not happening

i know we have some guys in the industry on here, is there anything i can do to resolve this issue

The hot tap to the bath in your property will be supplied with a 22mm diameter pipe, the other outlets are 15mm, there is a big difference in the amount of water held in the pipes, the reason the bath one is cooler is because the boiler can't cope with heating the extra amount of water at the same pressure, unfortunately that's how combi boilers are. I'll warrant that like all of us you turn the bath tap fully on.

Try turning the flow rate down on the tap and it'll be the same temp as all other outlets, it's a pita but just means waiting a little longer for the bath to fill.