+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Inside Story Of The Transfer Window

The Inside Story Of The Transfer Window

Wales Online have done a pretty good article on Cardiff's difficult January and the different ways the Sala tragedy affected the club and influenced various targets.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...nsfer-15764733

If we had got Emiliano Sala, Nathaniel Clyne and Adrien Tameze into the team (no Niasse because Clyne would have been the 2nd EPL loan) I think most of us would have been very happy and impressed. That was the plan and the club were working for that outcome from early December if not before. Unfortunately it didn't happen.

The one failed transfer that I don't understand is Tameze. If this article is right (and it reflects reports at the time) it was the club that initially pulled out of the deal for a reason that sounds very unconvincing (unless it was to redirect part of the agreed fee into a bigger fee than originally anticipated for Sala). When we went back to him Tameze decided he didn't want to be part of our relegation battle.

Re: The Inside Story Of The Transfer Window

Other strikers were also targeted, but we're told some didn't feel comfortable being regarded as replacements for Sala, as such, and didn't want to come to Cardiff in those circumstances.
    I suggested this a few days ago and was told to get a grip and stop being a drama queen.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I suggested this a few days ago and was told to get a grip and stop being a drama queen.
    No its a very valid point. Who would want to be an immediate replacement for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No its a very valid point. Who would want to be an immediate replacement for him.
    Apparently the club didn't consider it, which surprises me.