+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time for Zohore to show up.

Re: Time for Zohore to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I’ve said as much as myself but he suggested it was down to wages which is, quite frankly, bollox.
    You've got him on this one.

He'd have been better saying KZ is just shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post

I obviously can't match such intellect.

He can jump as high as him too. Or he will give it a go at least.

He can jump as high as him too. Or he will give it a go at least.
    ��

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I obviously can't match such intellect.
    Intellect has nothing to do with it.

You inferred that salary relates to willingness to jump.

Intellect has nothing to do with it.

You inferred that salary relates to willingness to jump.
    You really think that? Good god.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You really think that? Good god.
    I believe you did.

You said...He isn't able to jump? Poor love. On his wages most of us would give it a go.

So I took the inference that salary relates to willingness to jump.

I'm sure you'll come back with something but frankly I'm too tired and half cut (dry January over) so nos da.

Zohore is poor in the air and, with him approaching his mid twenties, I don't see him improving much in that department, if at all.

However, I often think that the importance of a striker's aerial ability is over estimated by Cardiff fans more than at other clubs. During the first year of Neil Warnock's time here, we played to Zohore's strengths and we all saw the results in his play. If Neil Warnock really does believe what he said about Zohore yesterday, then he must know as well that the way we have used him in the last fifteen matches does not play to his strengths. Whether you change the way you play just to accommodate a striker who is as inconsistent and moody as Zohore has been overall during his time with us is arguable, but we, surely, need to play more controlled football than we had been doing before Tuesday anyway.

Fans will be on his back from the minute he comes on again so I don't hold much hope for him here. If only he ran round pointlessly like Danny Ward

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Zohore is poor in the air and, with him approaching his mid twenties, I don't see him improving much in that department, if at all.

However, I often think that the importance of a striker's aerial ability is over estimated by Cardiff fans more than at other clubs. During the first year of Neil Warnock's time here, we played to Zohore's strengths and we all saw the results in his play. If Neil Warnock really does believe what he said about Zohore yesterday, then he must know as well that the way we have used him in the last fifteen matches does not play to his strengths. Whether you change the way you play just to accommodate a striker who is as inconsistent and moody as Zohore has been overall during his time with us is arguable, but we, surely, need to play more controlled football than we had been doing before Tuesday anyway.
    Agree entirely Bob. I think one of Ken's better performances in the second half of last season came against Boro when ,very unusually,the ball was played into his feet. Our obsession with the high ball to the big man is driving me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Agree entirely Bob. I think one of Ken's better performances in the second half of last season came against Boro when ,very unusually,the ball was played into his feet. Our obsession with the high ball to the big man is driving me nuts.
    It's because the manager wants it that way-he's to scared to take teams on at the right times. We've actually played better when we've pressed a bit higher-Arsenal x2 Leicester away, Wolves at home and Fulham at home. When we decide to play higher up the pitch we're forced into playing. Warnock thinks that knocking the ball out to wingers with absolutely no support and hoping for knock downs and second balls through launching it is a viable option-it isn't at this level.

Today I would go with
    Etheridge
    Bacuna Manga Bamba Bennett
    Ralls Gunnar
    Reid Camarasa Niasse
    Zohore

Keep the ball on the floor !

But I don’t think Neil Warnock will pick this team ?

Oh , And I agree , whatever has been holding Zohore back , it’s now his opportunity to shine!

I think Zohore is our best striker by some distance. But, and it’s a big but, he’s struggled for form and confidence. I think a clear run of injuries and some game time might surprise a few people at just how good he can be at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Today I would go with
    Etheridge
    Bacuna Manga Bamba Bennett
    Ralls Gunnar
    Reid Camarasa Niasse
    Zohore

Keep the ball on the floor !

But I don’t think Neil Warnock will pick this team ?

Oh , And I agree , whatever has been holding Zohore back , it’s now his opportunity to shine!
    I agree, I don't think he'll pick that team. I can't see him leaving out Paterson.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Taking every challenge as equal, winning the initial header from a long ball is 50-50. The chance of that being picked up might be 50%. That means every long ball attack has a 25% chance of keeping possession properly beyond the first header.

Not sure about you, but as a basis for starting an attack, surely keeping the ball in midfield and holding onto possession gives us more chance of having the ball.
    I agree with your last paragraph, but mathematically it remains a 50% chance of keeping possession beyond the first header.

You missed out the 50% chance of picking up possession from losing the initial header, based on that law of averages.

I think Niasse and Reid showed enough at Arsenal to deserve to start today, hopefully we'll see Zohore at some point though

Paterson surely can't start again today? He needs a rest

Great signs. That effort in the dying minutes was classic Ken

Thought he meandered his way through the last 20 at Arsenal without really breaking a sweat.

Today was the opposite. Maybe it was the occasion and having watched everyonelse put in a huge shift but fair play he really put himself about that last 15 minutes.

Turned them a couple of times and nearly got a goal.

Well done Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    So many positives. Loved how ken took that shot on at the end, good save from the keeper. Niasse was outstanding, held the ball up brilliantly and allowed Reid to make those runs behind-Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    So many positives. Loved how ken took that shot on at the end, good save from the keeper. Niasse was outstanding, held the ball up brilliantly and allowed Reid to make those runs behind-Brilliant.
    Weve gone from one dimensional lumping the ball to Patterson to finally having some options upfront.

Ironically if the Sala tragedy didn’t occur, and Victor didnt injures we wouldn’t have stumbled across this partnership.

As someone once said “Footballs a funny ol game”

Weve gone from one dimensional lumping the ball to Patterson to finally having some options upfront.

Ironically if the Sala tragedy didn’t occur, and Victor didnt injures we wouldn’t have stumbled across this partnership.

As someone once said “Footballs a funny ol game”
    Niasse held the ball up so well, he bought us time and allowed Reid to make those runs. This is one of the first games I've seen when we've not relied on Wingers to create. We played on the front foot and we were positive.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I knew he'd perform just after he came on and actually won a header - ok it was against Clubs I think and it went straight into touch but it showed he was on it. if we could only get him to be 'on it' for the rest of the season I think we could just about scrape it.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    I knew he'd perform just after he came on and actually won a header - ok it was against Clubs I think and it went straight into touch but it showed he was on it. if we could only get him to be 'on it' for the rest of the season I think we could just about scrape it.
    Should read Clyne F ING spell checker!