+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for Zohore to show up.

Time for Zohore to show up.

Without a recognised striker and the Paterson experiment concluded (Hopefully) is it time for Warnock to Give Ken a chance? The way i see it, he doesn't really have an option. What has happened to Zohore? He wasn't firing on all cylinders for a fair stretch during our promotion season but showed glimpses of ability and willingness and his goal against Norwich away was top draw, giving the keeper the 'eyes' and slotting it in at the near post. He's looked pedestrian and slow to react when I've seen him this season. He possesses a fair bit of composure and has a very good touch i wish he could show that directness and calculated aggression he is capable of. I'd play him up top with Bobby Reid complimenting him as i believe that Reid does possess a football brain although i'm not sure it'll ever be enough to trouble teams at this level although it's got to be worth a shout. Ken could be our final hope, if he starts firing it could be like having a new striker.

Re: Time for Zohore to show up.

His cameo against Spurs was positive so hopefully we can get the Ken of old back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Without a recognised striker and the Paterson experiment concluded (Hopefully) is it time for Warnock to Give Ken a chance? The way i see it, he doesn't really have an option. What has happened to Zohore? He wasn't firing on all cylinders for a fair stretch during our promotion season but showed glimpses of ability and willingness and his goal against Norwich away was top draw, giving the keeper the 'eyes' and slotting it in at the near post. He's looked pedestrian and slow to react when I've seen him this season. He possesses a fair bit of composure and has a very good touch i wish he could show that directness and calculated aggression he is capable of. I'd play him up top with Bobby Reid complimenting him as i believe that Reid does possess a football brain although i'm not sure it'll ever be enough to trouble teams at this level although it's got to be worth a shout. Ken could be our final hope, if he starts firing it could be like having a new striker.
    Hang on. Isn’t Niasse a recognised striker? Surely that is why we signed him.

I think that Ken has had his opportunity and now Niasse and Reid will be the front two.

I assume that Ken only came on at The Emirates as Niasse was knackered.

Zohore never bothers to attempt to win a ball in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    He never fails to pick up his wages though

Yes, I don't know what to think of Zohore. On his (rare) day he is unplayable on the ground but in the air my late 5'2 grandmother would have done better.
    He may be useful for 20 min cameo when teams are tiring but not much else at this level.

he hit a decent shot on target at the gunners... more than many of the players have done in a whole 90 before now

has supposed to have been "injured" so to speak... but yeah needs to pull up them socks now, cant do that from the bench either can he so nw needs to start him perhaps

for me its just you sense when some players want out, and thats what i sense here

Ive defended him in the past but I do worry about his mental strength. He is definitely a confidence player. I was a bit disappointed the other night as I don’t think he exactly bust a gut when he come on. He had 20 minutes and he was meandering around like it was the first 15.

That said I don’t think we play to his strengths. He’s a tall lad but he’s not physical so lumping the ball to him is no good.

We need to slide it down the sides for him and get him turning the other way not playing with his back to goal with the ball rammed to him head height.

When he pins the defender or pulls out wide and isolates the full back and gets at him that is when he’s at his best.

I want to see the KZ who tore Aston Villa and John Terry a new one at the start of last season. We’ve seen one or two cameos since but that was when he was last at his peak for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

I think that Ken has had his opportunity and now Niasse and Reid will be the front two.

'Kin'ell, i'd forgotten about Niasse! He did alright against Arsenal. I'd really like Ken to show something. Maybe he isn't as good as many of us thought.

I don't think that's his fault, he just doesn't seem to be able to leap or time a jump. He does like to back into a defender, when he does that, he can't jump.

I thought Zohore was superb in championship and would take to pl quite well. In reality he just looks a bit short technically and physically in terms of spped strength.

Niasse seems best option

He looks completely disinterested,unfit, lacking desire, and wanting away .

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ive defended him in the past but I do worry about his mental strength. He is definitely a confidence player. I was a bit disappointed the other night as I don’t think he exactly bust a gut when he come on. He had 20 minutes and he was meandering around like it was the first 15.

That said I don’t think we play to his strengths. He’s a tall lad but he’s not physical so lumping the ball to him is no good.

We need to slide it down the sides for him and get him turning the other way not playing with his back to goal with the ball rammed to him head height.

When he pins the defender or pulls out wide and isolates the full back and gets at him that is when he’s at his best.

I want to see the KZ who tore Aston Villa and John Terry a new one at the start of last season. We’ve seen one or two cameos since but that was when he was last at his peak for me.
    I'd agree with your assessment over his style of play, he is essentially a footballer who likes the ball at his feet. He is simply not suited to the high ball. He looked his best when we attempted to play a bit of football, basically from when Warnock first came to the club up until the night we smashed Leeds at home on that Friday night? His form dropped when Warnock decided to lump everything forward and seemingly refuse to play anything through our midfield. I'd also agree with you about this Mental strength, he does give the impression that he's a confidence player, what I've noticed about him is that if he doesn't start well, that's it he doesn't recover. I'm not saying that he was ever going to be the saviour, but he showed an ability and composure that i hoped could develop. To me he looks finished.

I don't think that's his fault, he just doesn't seem to be able to leap or time a jump. He does like to back into a defender, when he does that, he can't jump.
    He's a professional footballer ffs!

He isn't able to jump? Poor love. On his wages most of us would give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    He's a professional footballer ffs!
    Paul Scholes couldn't tackle-So was he-Some players don't have the body shape, athleticism etc so you try and play to their strengths or get someone else to do it for them!

He isn't able to jump? Poor love. On his wages most of us would give it a go.
    Seriously, he can't time a header, he can't leap very well, maybe he lacks that bit of spring that is needed, maybe he's not agile enough. I don't blame him for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Yes, Reid and Niasse need to be given time to learn how to play with each other. Chopping and changing in the hope of finding a winning formula isn't needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, Reid and Niasse need to be given time to learn how to play with each other. Chopping and changing in the hope of finding a winning formula isn't needed.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agreed the other option I would consider is Reid,zohore and niasse as a front 3 as all 3 are good down the channels

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Agreed the other option I would consider is Reid,zohore and niasse as a front 3 as all 3 are good down the channels
    Good call but might leave a bit light in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Good call but might leave a bit light in midfield.
    Yes I was just thinking Ralls Arter or gunner hasn’t really got the legs to probably cope with that formation unless we went 343, Neil would never go with it anyway
    Manga Bamba Cunningham
    Hoilett Gunnar Arter Bennet
    Niasse zohore Reid

Agree with most of the comments but not sure Warnock thinks the Patterson experiment is concluded.
    Wait for the team announcement tomorrow..

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    That means no Mendez-Laing, Hoilett, Harris or Murphy. Hell of a lot to leave out.

I think Zohore might just develop now Niasse is there. Give him the kick up the arse he obviously relies on. Plus, if things don't work out for Niasse, there's a replacement. A front 3 might be putting all our eggs in one basket with no way of being able to make a positive change.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Agree with most of the comments but not sure Warnock thinks the Patterson experiment is concluded.
    Wait for the team announcement tomorrow..
    He needs a giraffe to be able to win possession at the other end of the pitch