+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for Zohore to show up.

Re: Time for Zohore to show up.

Let's be honest, there are players out there picking up more money in a week than some people earn in a year - and without seeming to really put their neck out in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He needs a giraffe to be able to win possession at the other end of the pitch
    Might help if we stopped giving the opposition a 50% chance of winning it back, it would be interesting to know the percentage of how many times we win the second ball after winning the first and the percentage of winning the first ball. Nudge nudge

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Let's be honest, there are players out there picking up more money in a week than some people earn in a year - and without seeming to really put their neck out in any way.
    I'm not sure that i agree. I think that they're trying for the best part, they're just not good enough. I'll be a little controversial and say that Camarasa looks like he's been trying to stay out of trouble during his last few appearances, although apparently he was carrying a knock, how bad it was is unknown-some players don't seem to be able to play with a minor injury.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Might help if we stopped giving the opposition a 50% chance of winning it back, it would be interesting to know the percentage of how many times we win the second ball after winning the first and the percentage of winning the first ball. Nudge nudge
    50% ? i'd be happy with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    50% ? i'd be happy with that!
    In theory it is a 50% ball

Warnock said quite a bit about Zohore today in his press conference - in response to journalists' questions.

He said he was Ken's biggest fan and biggest critic. That Ken has clearly not hit form this season and has been very frustrating. But he has the potential to be a very dangerous Premier League striker. That he has been held back by niggling injuries. That he is now fit and showing really well in training. He has 'bright eyes' again and is desperate to play the way he is capable and make the difference. Some of his recent cameos have been good.

Mostly very positive - and I think genuine.

Taking every challenge as equal, winning the initial header from a long ball is 50-50. The chance of that being picked up might be 50%. That means every long ball attack has a 25% chance of keeping possession properly beyond the first header.

Not sure about you, but as a basis for starting an attack, surely keeping the ball in midfield and holding onto possession gives us more chance of having the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm not sure that i agree. I think that they're trying for the best part, they're just not good enough. I'll be a little controversial and say that Camarasa looks like he's been trying to stay out of trouble during his last few appearances, although apparently he was carrying a knock, how bad it was is unknown-some players don't seem to be able to play with a minor injury.
    You are more than welcome to disagree, my friend

Taking every challenge as equal, winning the initial header from a long ball is 50-50. The chance of that being picked up might be 50%. That means every long ball attack has a 25% chance of keeping possession properly beyond the first header.

Not sure about you, but as a basis for starting an attack, surely keeping the ball in midfield and holding onto possession gives us more chance of having the ball.
    Let’s hope Neil is reading this and tells the players to stop kicking it with their eyes closed

Another comparison with the average working class Joe and a Premier League footballer?!? That’s not how football, or life works. Football by and large plays with a different set of rules, and in the Premier League it’s a different planet.

By your logic shall we stick a miner up front because he’s harder working than Ken?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Another comparison with the average working class Joe and a Premier League footballer?!? That’s not how football, or life works. Football by and large plays with a different set of rules, and in the Premier League it’s a different planet.

By your logic shall we stick a miner up front because he’s harder working than Ken?
    Er, no. That wasn't my logic at all. Some players put in the effort and some don't. It's not that complicated.

Er, no. That wasn't my logic at all. Some players put in the effort and some don't. It's not that complicated.
    Oh so you’re only talking about footballers? My bad. Shall we stick a Welsh league player on 500 quid a week up front because he puts more effort in even though he only earns less in a year what Ken earns in a week?

Oh so you’re only talking about footballers? My bad. Shall we stick a Welsh league player on 500 quid a week up front because he puts more effort in even though he only earns less in a year what Ken earns in a week?
    Thanks for trying to skew my point at every turn. There are professional players who give their all and those who don't. Try twisting that yet again by using some absurd analogy.

Let’s hope Neil is reading this and tells the players to stop kicking it with their eyes closed
    Ah, that's what the problem has been!

Thanks for trying to skew my point at every turn. There are professional players who give their all and those who don't. Try twisting that yet again by using some absurd analogy.
    If we’re talking absurd analogy’s then you’re the one making comparisons between players earning less in a year than some do in a week.

If we’re talking absurd analogy’s then you’re the one making comparisons between players earning less in a year than some do in a week.
    There have always been players like Andy Legg, who put in every effort, and players like Andy Campbell, who didn't. However, if you disagree with my point you are more than welcome as long as you don't misrepresent my views by couching them in your own terms

There have always been players like Andy Legg, who put in every effort, and players like Andy Campbell, who didn't. However, if you disagree with my point you are more than welcome as long as you don't misrepresent my views by couching them in your own terms
    You think Leggy only earned in a year what Campbell did in a week?!? 😂😂 Or are you just moving the goal posts?

You think Leggy only earned in a year what Campbell did in a week?!? ���� Or are you just moving the goal posts?
    No, I didn't suggest that at all

Yep. Money doesn't necessarily get a player to put his body on the line or graft like he's never grafted before. You buy what you buy, loan what you loan. If a player is lazy, putting noughts on his wage bill won't change that. It proves to him that's he's talented enough to keep doing what he's done.

No, I didn't suggest that at all
    That was your opening gambit in this thread

Not at all. Best read back, my friend.

He was accurate, though. Zohore never bothers in the air when long balls are launched.

Ah, that's what the problem has been!
    It’s the only logical reason I can think of

He was accurate, though. Zohore never bothers in the air when long balls are launched.
    I’ve said as much as myself but he suggested it was down to wages which is, quite frankly, bollox.

I’ve said as much as myself but he suggested it was down to wages which is, quite frankly, bollox.
    I think you have misunderstood my point completely and that you have conflated a number of issues that I wasn't making. However, not to worry. Maybe it will be clearer in the morning...