+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Player Ratings

Re: Player Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Etheridge 7 - one brilliant save, but barely tested otherwise.

Peltier 8 - I'm like so many others in wanting a more attacking option at right back, but he is one of the most dependable defenders at the club and that's what our manager wants his full backs to be first and foremost - covered across well to snuff out a dangerous moment early in the match.
    Manga 7 - like a few in the team last night, got better as the game went on and made some excellent defensive decisions late on, but distribution not up to his normal standard.
    Bamba 8 - I'm only giving him that mark because I reckon a lot of other referees would have sent him off for the fouls he committed after he had been booked. He's a totemic figure at the club though and was a true leader and inspiration last night.
    Bennett 8 - considering he has had the death of a parent to cope with as well as the Sala tragedy in the last two matches, he has been marvelous. Looks a good Premier League left back on his best days and this was one of them.
    Ralls 8 - has looked at home at this level in his last two matches after a difficult spell which began with his sending off at Spurs. His lack of pace was exposed once or twice, but, overall, he combined good defending with decent passing.
    Gunnarsson 7 - grew into the game after a first quarter where he looked out of his depth at times. He maintained his record of having started in every one of our wins this season and I don't think that can be written off as just a coincidence.
    Paterson 8 - can't help thinking that he's being selected in this position mainly for his ability to win headers, but he put in a tremendous shift last night and, when given the opportunity, was able to show he is a better passer of the ball than he is given credit for.
    Murphy 8 - given the way our manager thinks, I would say his attitude to the defensive side of the game was maybe more important than his attacking qualities. Definitely the best defensive performance I've seen from him and he gave Clyne problems when he ran at him.
    Decordova-Reid 9 - not sure I want to see him taking too many more penalties with that technique, but was superb overall last night. We don't have too many players who can change games at this level, but he showed he could be one - tremendous work rate as usual.
    Niasse 8 - a little more quality in terms of touch and final ball delivery could have seen us celebrating a 4-0 win, but it was great to see us playing with a "proper" attack leader, very impressed by him in our last two matches.

Subs Hoilett 7 - brought his experience to bear as we ran down the clock.
    Zohore 7 - offered more evidence that our striking cupboard may not be as as bare as it looked when news of Sala's disappearance broke, could still be a big player for us this season if he really has got his mojo back.
    Bacuna - not on long enough to give him a mark.
    Re the reid penalty. Did he take them for Bristol?

Yes I wasn't sure if it was a Peter Thorne technique of waiting for keeper to move? However I'd definitely give the next one to camerasa if possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Re the reid penalty. Did he take them for Bristol?

Yes I wasn't sure if it was a Peter Thorne technique of waiting for keeper to move? However I'd definitely give the next one to camerasa if possible!
    Think he might have scored one for the wurzels against Man City last season - just checked, he did do that and he scored a couple in the league for them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Etheridge 7 - one brilliant save, but barely tested otherwise.

Peltier 8 - I'm like so many others in wanting a more attacking option at right back, but he is one of the most dependable defenders at the club and that's what our manager wants his full backs to be first and foremost - covered across well to snuff out a dangerous moment early in the match.
    Manga 7 - like a few in the team last night, got better as the game went on and made some excellent defensive decisions late on, but distribution not up to his normal standard.
    Bamba 8 - I'm only giving him that mark because I reckon a lot of other referees would have sent him off for the fouls he committed after he had been booked. He's a totemic figure at the club though and was a true leader and inspiration last night.
    Bennett 8 - considering he has had the death of a parent to cope with as well as the Sala tragedy in the last two matches, he has been marvelous. Looks a good Premier League left back on his best days and this was one of them.
    Ralls 8 - has looked at home at this level in his last two matches after a difficult spell which began with his sending off at Spurs. His lack of pace was exposed once or twice, but, overall, he combined good defending with decent passing.
    Gunnarsson 7 - grew into the game after a first quarter where he looked out of his depth at times. He maintained his record of having started in every one of our wins this season and I don't think that can be written off as just a coincidence.
    Paterson 8 - can't help thinking that he's being selected in this position mainly for his ability to win headers, but he put in a tremendous shift last night and, when given the opportunity, was able to show he is a better passer of the ball than he is given credit for.
    Murphy 8 - given the way our manager thinks, I would say his attitude to the defensive side of the game was maybe more important than his attacking qualities. Definitely the best defensive performance I've seen from him and he gave Clyne problems when he ran at him.
    Decordova-Reid 9 - not sure I want to see him taking too many more penalties with that technique, but was superb overall last night. We don't have too many players who can change games at this level, but he showed he could be one - tremendous work rate as usual.
    Niasse 8 - a little more quality in terms of touch and final ball delivery could have seen us celebrating a 4-0 win, but it was great to see us playing with a "proper" attack leader, very impressed by him in our last two matches.

Subs Hoilett 7 - brought his experience to bear as we ran down the clock.
    Zohore 7 - offered more evidence that our striking cupboard may not be as as bare as it looked when news of Sala's disappearance broke, could still be a big player for us this season if he really has got his mojo back.
    Bacuna - not on long enough to give him a mark.
    Excellent assessment of players last night Bob, fully agree with your ratings.

Honestly, the ratings on this board are a total joke. I'm being polite leaving it there..

7 for manga? cmon you just have a chip on your shoulder
    above 6 for peltier? he was beaten more times than he actually did something (im not including his wrestling moves btw!)
    under 8 for Niasse? you just arent watching him are you?
    above 6 for hoilett?????!?!?!!?!? the fck?

Etheridge - 8 : Although didn't need to do much, that save stops the game going 1-1 and COMPLETELY turning on his head.
    Peltier - 6. Made his presence known (with his typical rugby style grappling) but beaten and out of position again..
    Manga - 8. Major interceptions and game away with the ball with composure. One of his better games
    Bamba - 9. MOTM Immense all afternoon
    Bennett - 8. He isnt the same bennett from previous season, worthy of PL status

Paterson - 7. Big fan of this guy, but gave away too many fouls (a few in dangerous positions) needs to sharpen up
    Gunnarsson - 7. Some good interceptions but pretty anonymous
    Ralls - 7. Fan of this guy too, he normally goes unnoticed for his grinding and turning defence into attack. Repeatedly poor crossing here though.
    Murphy - 8. 'Brilliant, destroyed Clyne more than once and put in an excellent defensive shift'

Reid - 8. I'm a hater. Buttt t t cracking shift, and slotted the penalty away with surprising confidence. More like this please
    Niasse - 8. I think this guy unlocks the likes of Reid and Murphy. As do they with him. Looking to be a asset of a loan already

Hoilett - 5. Continues to dissapoint. In the short time he had he lost the ball cheaply a few times, that with a half assed stroll back to defend doesnt cut it
    Zohore - 7. Considering the short time, he posed an immediate threat and did a good job in the corner to waste time. Also chased down more than the muppet on the wing
    Bacuna - 6. Not much to note?

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Honestly, the ratings on this board are a total joke. I'm being polite leaving it there..

above 6 for peltier? he was beaten more times than he actually did something (im not including his wrestling moves btw!)

Etheridge - 8 : Although didn't need to do much, that save stops the game going 1-1 and COMPLETELY turning on his head.
    Peltier - 6. Made his presence known (with his typical rugby style grappling) but beaten and out of position again..
    Manga - 8. Major interceptions and game away with the ball with composure. One of his better games

Paterson - 7. Big fan of this guy, but gave away too many fouls (a few in dangerous positions) needs to sharpen up
    Ralls - 7. Fan of this guy too, he normally goes unnoticed for his grinding and turning defence into attack. Repeatedly poor crossing here though.
    Murphy - 8. 'Brilliant, destroyed Clyne more than once and put in an excellent defensive shift'

Reid - 8. I'm a hater. Buttt t t cracking shift, and slotted the penalty away with surprising confidence. More like this please
    Niasse - 8. I think this guy unlocks the likes of Reid and Murphy. As do they with him. Looking to be a asset of a loan already

Hoilett - 5. Continues to dissapoint. In the short time he had he lost the ball cheaply a few times, that with a half assed stroll back to defend doesnt cut it
    Zohore - 7. Considering the short time, he posed an immediate threat and did a good job in the corner to waste time. Also chased down more than the muppet on the wing
    My apologies, in future I will ask you before giving my opinion on any matter

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    My apologies, in future I will ask you before giving my opinion on any matter
    Please do

I think that you may be letting your probable dislike of Peltier and Hoilett influence your opinion and marks for yesterdays games. Both played well and deserved at least 7 and possibly 8 for Peltier. Peltier was dealing with one of the quickest wingers in the League (Fraser) and the fact that we saw very little of him throughout the game indicates what a good job Peltier did. Also Hoilett settled the game down when he came on, put his foot on the ball, kept possession in the corners and also defended in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I think that you may be letting your probable dislike of Peltier and Hoilett influence your opinion and marks for yesterdays games. Both played well and deserved at least 7 and possibly 8 for Peltier. Peltier was dealing with one of the quickest wingers in the League (Fraser) and the fact that we saw very little of him throughout the game indicates what a good job Peltier did. Also Hoilett settled the game down when he came on, put his foot on the ball, kept possession in the corners and also defended in the box.
    Peltier did his job yesterday, that's what he's about. A good yard stick when evaluating Peltier is that if you don't notice him, he's done well.

Muppet on the wing?

I also think Reid deserved a 9

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    How does Camarada get back into the team ?
    How does Arter get back in?

Perhaps you are right on peltier thinking about it. I'm not budging on Hoilett though, useless and it was ZOHORE in the corner doing the work.

Perhaps you are right on peltier thinking about it. I'm not budging on Hoilett though, useless and it was ZOHORE in the corner doing the work.
    5 is very harsh though. Everyone deserves a minimum of 7 after that performance. You gave Bacuna a 6 who was only on for 6 minutes and Hoilett contributed more than him !

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    How does Arter get back in?
    Competition for places at last!

5 is very harsh though. Everyone deserves a minimum of 7 after that performance. You gave Bacuna a 6 who was only on for 6 minutes and Hoilett contributed more than him !
    We musn't question the knowledge of Blooburd and his football wisdom