Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player Ratings

Player Ratings

Etheridge - 7. Great save and a clean sheet

Peltier - 7. Dealt well with all the problems that came his way
    Manga - 7. Solid.
    Bamba - 8. Immense all afternoon getting in front of their forwards
    Bennett - 7. Solid performance

Paterson - 8. Did exactly what was asked of him, won us free kicks, won the ball, didn't stop running, even showed his technical side
    Gunnarsson - 7. Great work guarding the defence
    Ralls - 7. Excellent performance didn't stop running
    Murphy - 8. Brilliant, destroyed Clyne more than once and put in an excellent defensive shift

Reid - 9. Brilliant. Man of the match.

Niasse - 7. Didn't stop running, gave options in the channels, could have showed better composure though

Hoilett, Zohore and Bacuna all did well when they came on

Incredible atmosphere on my stream. The Americans have called us a "special club"

Re: Player Ratings

Respect/support from our fans - 10/10

Bamba a 9 at the minimum for me, he was immense

Warnock - 11

I couldn't make the game today, my sister in law had my season ticket.
    My ratings for all the club, from the tea lady to the owner to the fans. 10 out of 10. I've never been so proud of our club as I am tonight.

Bamba MOTM for me

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Bamba MOTM for me
    Even though he was immense, he was skating on ice and didn't do my ticker any favours.

Bamba on ice.

Bennett had another strong game as well.

Niasse and Patterson were probably the difference today

Thought Bamba niasse paterson and Reid were superb didn't stop trying

This is how I thought we would games this season always felt like we defended well

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Etheridge - 7. Great save and a clean sheet

Peltier - 7. Dealt well with all the problems that came his way
    Manga - 7. Solid.
    Bamba - 8. Immense all afternoon getting in front of their forwards
    Bennett - 7. Solid performance

Paterson - 8. Did exactly what was asked of him, won us free kicks, won the ball, didn't stop running, even showed his technical side
    Gunnarsson - 7. Great work guarding the defence
    Ralls - 7. Excellent performance didn't stop running
    Murphy - 8. Brilliant, destroyed Clyne more than once and put in an excellent defensive shift

Reid - 9. Brilliant. Man of the match.

Niasse - 7. Didn't stop running, gave options in the channels, could have showed better composure though

Incredible atmosphere on my stream. The Americans have called us a "special club"
    Everyone ran themselves into the ground today.
    Not sure if there was extra effort due to Sala or we just gave our all.
    The Niasse - Reid partnership is improving week on week and good to see Murphy back.

10/10 for everyone. Can't criticise anyone .

There's only 2 Sol Bamba's!

Everyone played their hearts out, would be unfair rating anyone less than a 10

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Best win of season,could have scored 4/5, also best atmosphere, Bobby Reid my MOM, but everyone played well,hopefully Bobby has regained his confidence and can score the goals to keep us up! Proven he is a No 10 and must play up front with a No 9?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    How does Camarada get back into the team ?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    How does Camarada get back into the team ?
    Still would swap straight away for Ralls.

Etheridge - 8 Big save was the one stand-out moment but otherwise not noticed. That's as much of a compliment you can give to our defensive unit today.

Peltier - 8. Best game I've seen him play for Cardiff. Today he looked like a premier league defender.
    Manga - 7. Solid but shaky passing.
    Bamba - 8. Fantastic performance.
    Bennett - 8. I can't believe how tough this week must have been for him especially.

Paterson - 7 Did what was asked of him.
    Gunnarsson - 7. Ditto
    Ralls - 7. 200th game for Cardiff.
    Murphy - 8. Best performance we've seen from him? Good in attack and defence.

Reid - 9. What work rate and touch of class. Imagine him, Camarasa, Murphy and Niasse as a front four?

Niasse - 7. Second game with us and giving us something extra up top.

Thought the back four were superb, Bamba obviously, but Peltier and especially Bennett were excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Best win of season,could have scored 4/5, also best atmosphere, Bobby Reid my MOM, but everyone played well,hopefully Bobby has regained his confidence and can score the goals to keep us up! Proven he is a No 10 and must play up front with a No 9?
    He looks much better now that he's playing off a striker. He's had chances this season but didn't take them, always felt like he just needed the one to get his confidence up.

I honestly think he's going to become the player we've been crying out for all season. Signing Niasse has really freed him up.

It seems Warnock has found a system to suit his best players, plus we have a bit of depth now. I expect Camarasa to come back into the side, but it will be tough for Morrison and Arter.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Still would swap straight away for Ralls.
    After today ??

I’d swap him for Gunnar.

Ralls has been back to himself last couple of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    10/10 for everyone. Can't criticise anyone .

There's only 2 Sol Bamba's!
    This, great performance and tactics spot on today, not sure what he was doing with that handball though you can see how much a difference there is playing a proper striker not sure if Everton loaned us Niasse and his twin brother showed up instead but reading their comments when he signed I was a bit concerned but fair play he’s been brilliant so far

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    After today ??

I’d swap him for Gunnar.

Ralls has been back to himself last couple of games.
    Agreed. There were 11 soldiers out there today (cringe) but only Gunnarsson looked like he might have been out of place.. and that isn't easy for me to say. It was definitely a Ralls performance that we all would have expected more of this season. I couldn't be more proud of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Agreed. There were 11 soldiers out there today (cringe) but only Gunnarsson looked like he might have been out of place.. and that isn't easy for me to say. It was definitely a Ralls performance that we all would have expected more of this season. I couldn't be more proud of the team.
    I was confused as to what and where Gunnarsson was trying to do and where he ought to be and you could see the defence were as well. If he was tasked to run around like a headless chicken he did this pretty well. He was the weak link in an otherwise very good display to snuff out B’mouth. Think he’s past his sell by date.

Etheridge - 7. "Mr Dependable", as he has been all season.

Peltier - 7. Has his critics but stuck to his task this evening.
    Manga - 6. Shaky at times, particularly during the opening period. Distribution lets him down.
    Bamba - 9. A fantastic captain's display. How many times did he break up Bournemouth's play?
    Bennett - 7. Looked very vulnerable a few weeks ago, however, the last two games he's looked far more composed.

Paterson - 7. Doesn't really have the pace to do much damage out wide - his better work came when he went inside.
    Gunnarsson - 6. Lets the opposition go past him too easily for my liking.
    Ralls - 7. You feel the confidence is beginning to come back into his game.
    Murphy - 8. He's got pace in abundance, which you cannot legislate for. He earned us a freekick during a head-to-head chase with Clyne, that he won, despite Clyne having a 5-yard head start on him.

Reid - 9. I always knew there was a good player inside Bobby Reid-Decordova. His movement and pace are excellent.

Niasse - 8. Has brought us that Premier League experience that we were in need of. He knows when to hold and when to turn and try and hit the gas pedal.

The fans - 10. Brilliant support for the team, and Emiliano in particular!

Etheridge 7 - one brilliant save, but barely tested otherwise.

Peltier 8 - I'm like so many others in wanting a more attacking option at right back, but he is one of the most dependable defenders at the club and that's what our manager wants his full backs to be first and foremost - covered across well to snuff out a dangerous moment early in the match.
    Manga 7 - like a few in the team last night, got better as the game went on and made some excellent defensive decisions late on, but distribution not up to his normal standard.
    Bamba 8 - I'm only giving him that mark because I reckon a lot of other referees would have sent him off for the fouls he committed after he had been booked. He's a totemic figure at the club though and was a true leader and inspiration last night.
    Bennett 8 - considering he has had the death of a parent to cope with as well as the Sala tragedy in the last two matches, he has been marvelous. Looks a good Premier League left back on his best days and this was one of them.
    Ralls 8 - has looked at home at this level in his last two matches after a difficult spell which began with his sending off at Spurs. His lack of pace was exposed once or twice, but, overall, he combined good defending with decent passing.
    Gunnarsson 7 - grew into the game after a first quarter where he looked out of his depth at times. He maintained his record of having started in every one of our wins this season and I don't think that can be written off as just a coincidence.
    Paterson 8 - can't help thinking that he's being selected in this position mainly for his ability to win headers, but he put in a tremendous shift last night and, when given the opportunity, was able to show he is a better passer of the ball than he is given credit for.
    Murphy 8 - given the way our manager thinks, I would say his attitude to the defensive side of the game was maybe more important than his attacking qualities. Definitely the best defensive performance I've seen from him and he gave Clyne problems when he ran at him.
    Decordova-Reid 9 - not sure I want to see him taking too many more penalties with that technique, but was superb overall last night. We don't have too many players who can change games at this level, but he showed he could be one - tremendous work rate as usual.
    Niasse 8 - a little more quality in terms of touch and final ball delivery could have seen us celebrating a 4-0 win, but it was great to see us playing with a "proper" attack leader, very impressed by him in our last two matches.

Subs Hoilett 7 - brought his experience to bear as we ran down the clock.
    Zohore 7 - offered more evidence that our striking cupboard may not be as as bare as it looked when news of Sala's disappearance broke, could still be a big player for us this season if he really has got his mojo back.
    Bacuna - not on long enough to give him a mark.