+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: More sordid details & more fingers in the pie :(

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: More sordid details & more fingers in the pie :(

Is it true that Paul Scholes didn’t use an agent? I’ve heard that through dressing room talk he more or less knew what the other lads were earning so when it was time for him to negotiate a new contract he and his Dad went in and sorted it out, admittedly he wasn’t involved in transfer negotiations but if it’s true he most probably saved a nice few bob in agents’ fees.

Re: More sordid details & more fingers in the pie :(

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Is it true that Paul Scholes didn’t use an agent? I’ve heard that through dressing room talk he more or less knew what the other lads were earning so when it was time for him to negotiate a new contract he and his Dad went in and sorted it out, admittedly he wasn’t involved in transfer negotiations but if it’s true he most probably saved a nice few bob in agents’ fees.
    I'm pretty sure Paul Scholes had an agent, but Gary Neville didn't.

Neville is a very clever man and always was, and that's the difference between him and a large percentage of football players. As Neville himself said a few years, most players these days wouldn't know how to set up a bank account, much less negotiate a contract.