+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff get it right in so many ways as they restore hope.

Cardiff get it right in so many ways as they restore hope.

Re: Cardiff get it right in so many ways as they restore hope.

Excellent & perceptive as always Paul.

Comments about Murphy getting the better of Clyne at both ends spot on. Clyne didn't impress yesteday.

I'm surprised nothing is being said / reported about the over the ball challenge on Bruno (by Smith I think) early i the 2nd half. Horror tackle & a straight Red.

Great read once again , it did restore hope some of the movement we applied was first rate thought Murphy was great ,particularly in taking care of Clyne .

Bennett and Bamba were top end .

Lovely to see Reid score he does look the deal in front of goal ,alongside the Everton lad they look a good pair .

Must final mention Etheridge's great top over .

Wonderful team effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Excellent & perceptive as always Paul.

Comments about Murphy getting the better of Clyne at both ends spot on. Clyne didn't impress yesteday.

I'm surprised nothing is being said / reported about the over the ball challenge on Bruno (by Smith I think) early i the 2nd half. Horror tackle & a straight Red.
    I couldn't see it , what did the biased Gary (toss) Lineker say ,as everything he says is right ?

"reduced the team that crushed Chelsea on Wednesday night to a mixture of frustration and resignation."

That was my impression too. With about 20 minutes to go, I thought the Cherries had lost their pips and were just going through the motions.

You would NEVER say that of this City team!

Bournemouth kept the ball and passed it well, their movement and thought was excellent again, but this time they rarely got behind us, we defended very well and that included very much Murphy who seems to have learnt his job is at both ends and Patterson who was like a man possessed.

End of the day it seemed Etheridge was hardly troubled and we created the better chances

There was a focus and determination yesterday that seemed to have slipped in recent weeks. It takes a lot to keep that level of intensity up for the whole season, but that's what's needed to stay up.

Some great individual performances, but I thought Bamba superb, Mango more 'mobile' than Morrison, and to see Patterson doing 100yd sprints in the 94th minute shows what he brings to the team even when there's no tangible 'end product'.

Wonderful !!..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    There was a focus and determination yesterday that seemed to have slipped in recent weeks. It takes a lot to keep that level of intensity up for the whole season, but that's what's needed to stay up.

Some great individual performances, but I thought Bamba superb, Mango more 'mobile' than Morrison, and to see Patterson doing 100yd sprints in the 94th minute shows what he brings to the team even when there's no tangible 'end product'.

Wonderful !!..
    Very difficult to pick anyone individual for the MOTM award after that great team effort, Reid Bamba Paterson Bennett and Murphy were all serious contenders.
    Great result without our two best midfielders today, tough call for NW for next week, who will start against Southampton?

We can usually pick out a player or two who had a poor game, but not yesterday. Every player put a shift in. Playing 2 up front definitely improved us and Niasse has been superb at holding the ball up and is much quicker than he looks. Patterson’s weighted pass to Niasse in the 1st half (when Reid almost scored again) was class. Murphy beating Clyne to the ball down the left after Clyne had a 5 yard head-start. Great effort all round.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    "reduced the team that crushed Chelsea on Wednesday night to a mixture of frustration and resignation."

That was my impression too. With about 20 minutes to go, I thought the Cherries had lost their pips and were just going through the motions.

You would NEVER say that of this City team!
    I think they missed Brooks, as he adds a lot of creativity to this Bournemouth side.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I think they missed Brooks, as he adds a lot of creativity to this Bournemouth side.
    Team performance yesterday! Great to see more movement up front and the ball being played into the channels and not just aimed in the air to a static centre forward consequently we look a much better ream that gives us hope.

I hope that is the benchmark for the remaining games and Warnock left with some tough (but in a good way ) decisions for next week’s game at Saints regarding Arter and if fit Camarasa.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Very difficult to pick anyone individual for the MOTM award after that great team effort, Reid Bamba Paterson Bennett and Murphy were all serious contenders.
    Great result without our two best midfielders today, tough call for NW for next week, who will start against Southampton?
    Those players you mentioned were all very good, but then I remember the contribution of Peltier, Ralls and Niasse and think they had claims to be man of the match as well. That's not to say Gunnar and Manga were poor either and Etheridge made a great save the one time he was called into serious action. Throw in a good contribution from the bench by Zohore and I'd say it was our most complete showing of the season, but it's going to be a huge challenge to maintain such consistency for the next three months or so - it had definitely dropped for much of January.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Team performance yesterday! Great to see more movement up front and the ball being played into the channels and not just aimed in the air to a static centre forward consequently we look a much better ream that gives us hope.

I hope that is the benchmark for the remaining games and Warnock left with some tough (but in a good way ) decisions for next week’s game at Saints regarding Arter and if fit Camarasa.
    This

Were Sala's family in the Directors' box yesterday?