+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Josh Murphy

Josh Murphy

Seems like a different player. He hasn't seemed so threatening since the early games against Burnley and Fulham for me, but last night was his best game for us yet. I think Warnock's got through to him, his defending was incredible, he was getting the ball and leaving something on Clyne in just the right way every time. I imagine the players were as miffed with Clyne as we are, and I think Murphy showed him that perfectly. Made Clyne look a right t*t! Hopefully this Murph's attitude from now on.

Re: Josh Murphy

I've been surprised hasn't featured more often his genuinelly quick , I think he could make a good wing back if went to 532

He is certainly well equipped to thrive in the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I've been surprised hasn't featured more often his genuinelly quick , I think he could make a good wing back if went to 532
    I agree, a warnock mystery why this guy isnt in the starting 11 more

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    I agree, a warnock mystery why this guy isnt in the starting 11 more
    Probably because he has been injured at times, needed to improve his defending and a bit inconsistent ? Signs now that he is coming to terms with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Probably because he has been injured at times, needed to improve his defending and a bit inconsistent ? Signs now that he is coming to terms with it all.
    Nonsense. He been our only threat in numerous occasions this season. Do you ever have your own opinion on anything?

Spot in , its development I guess .

I've seen him play and thought with the ball at his feet initially he's good , but his end product or pass wasn't always right ,a trait Reid and others have , as they adapt to the Premiership styles.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Steady on. One decent defensive effort doesn't make him a wing back.

We needed him to play more minutes against Huddersfield and Newcastle.

One thing I will say about him, I noticed he hits the ground way to easily for me (used to) yesterday he had Clyne in his pocket.

Maybe NW wasn't too happy with him going to ground all the time as soon as he was touched

But great performance yesterday

Cant argue with the 'injury' if thats true (do you trust nw on that sort of thing?) and the defending comments.

However, I question whether we should be expecting our most skilled players to track back as hard as NW wants. I'd rather see him pooling energy ready for the next counter attack. Could be wrong but it surely suits some players more than others so why not play to our players strengths.

I honestly think, there is too much over thinking in football management these days!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Nonsense. He been our only threat in numerous occasions this season. Do you ever have your own opinion on anything?
    That is my opinion, agreed with by others it seems. Why dont you have a go at them. My post was in reply to a comment someone else made. You need to calm down, I never said he wasnt a good player or that I didnt like him.