+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swansea fans singing songs mocking sala yesterday at Ashton gate?

Re: Swansea fans singing songs mocking sala yesterday at Ashton gate?

Unfortunately it’s no surprise, just pity these sad people and their issues

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'm pretty sure the original Swansea away fixture was postponed to a later date after Alan Davies passed. When it did take place it was an almost non-stop p!ss take relating to that event. My particular favourite was a ditty with the words changed from 'he's got the whole world in his hands' to 'he's got the hosepipe in his hands'.
    What a lovely story.

There are always nutters and sad people. Those idiots who want to fight people, destroy things and think they are clever by mocking a tragedy are prevalent in society and it's best to ignore them. Let the neanderthals down in Swansea be as one day I hope they will come to realise that such a tragedy is nothing to do with football rivalry but a tragic loss of life.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    What a lovely story.
    It’s shocking really but I can recall hearing gas a jack loud and clear home and away v Swansea. Most normal people can see the Sala tradegy for what it is, horrendous. Davies was also a young man, did he have a family to? Obv suffering with severe depression and ending his own life as a result? Really it isnt something to take the piss about, I honestly don’t think we’d hear that sort out chanting these days, isn’t suicide the biggest killer of young men in the UK? You wouldn’t sing it if it was a mate or family member would you?

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    It's OK though, we can sing about them touching their children at the age of 10 without a problem. This was being sung with gusto by a bloke behind me who had 3 little kids with him, 2 boys and a girl, wtf
    I hate that one and don't take part.

I also hate all the anti-English ones.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I hate that one and don't take part.

I also hate all the anti-English ones.
    Maybe it’s time for the supporters to boo those songs out.

I’ve always just rolled my eyes or shook my head but perhaps we need to start showing a stance

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Quite a few Swansea fans on Facebook and twitter being very disrespectful about the death
    Don’t give the sad acts the attention they want. Imagine what sort of loser you have to be to go out of your way and go on Facebook to mock the death of another human being.

You see it with all tragedies, we’ve even had it on here with the grenfell stuff and I’ve heard people singing the gas a jack song etc.

It’s always a small minority but you’re better off not reacting to it.

If the crowd booed it they will probably stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    If the crowd booed it they will probably stop.
    It tends to start in the Canton, so how about when it starts the drummers start to bang out a different beat which everyone else can then joins with whatever song the drummers are beating.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It’s shocking really but I can recall hearing gas a jack loud and clear home and away v Swansea. Most normal people can see the Sala tradegy for what it is, horrendous. Davies was also a young man, did he have a family to? Obv suffering with severe depression and ending his own life as a result? Really it isnt something to take the piss about, I honestly don’t think we’d hear that sort out chanting these days, isn’t suicide the biggest killer of young men in the UK? You wouldn’t sing it if it was a mate or family member would you?
    Not at all. I don’t get that sick mentality of fans at all. Still, Organ sounded cheerily nostalgic recalling a song about a man who killer himself.
    Obviously some might say what a sick story to laugh at.....

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'm pretty sure the original Swansea away fixture was postponed to a later date after Alan Davies passed. When it did take place it was an almost non-stop p!ss take relating to that event. My particular favourite was a ditty with the words changed from 'he's got the whole world in his hands' to 'he's got the hosepipe in his hands'.
    I can never tell if this guy is on the best wind up ever or not.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Not at all. I don’t get that sick mentality of fans at all. Still, Organ sounded cheerily nostalgic recalling a song about a man who killer himself.
    Obviously some might say what a sick story to laugh at.....
    I think he was being sarcastic