+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swansea fans singing songs mocking sala yesterday at Ashton gate?

Swansea fans singing songs mocking sala yesterday at Ashton gate?

I did see it mentioned in another thread and have come across it a bit on twitter.

I know a few swansea fans post on here so just wondered if these reports are correct? Seems as if it was loud enough for the Bristol city fans to hear.

If any truth at all then yes i know its only a minority and every club has them etc etc etc but really? Hope swansea punish anyone involved heavily.

Re: Swansea fans singing songs mocking sala yesterday at Ashton gate?

Police condemn Swansea City fans 'seeking confrontation' at Bristol

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...wsApp_AppShare

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I did see it mentioned in another thread and have come across it a bit on twitter.

I know a few swansea fans post on here so just wondered if these reports are correct? Seems as if it was loud enough for the Bristol city fans to hear.

If any truth at all then yes i know its only a minority and every club has them etc etc etc but really? Hope swansea punish anyone involved heavily.
    If they did, and it would've been a few inadequate individuals, then what is the point in starting a discussion about it (i mean that respectively) We know what they are, we had plenty when that poor Swansea player committed suicide in the early nineties. It's sick, what else can be said?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Police condemn Swansea City fans 'seeking confrontation' at Bristol

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...wsApp_AppShare
    As much as I would like to criticise Swansea, we all know how bad the police can be. Not saying they are wrong on this one, but I would like to see all sides of the story

It's OK though, we can sing about them touching their children at the age of 10 without a problem. This was being sung with gusto by a bloke behind me who had 3 little kids with him, 2 boys and a girl, wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If they did, and it would've been a few inadequate individuals, then what is the point in starting a discussion about it (i mean that respectively) We know what they are, we had plenty when that poor Swansea player committed suicide in the early nineties. It's sick, what else can be said?
    I just wondered if it was actually true or not. Mention about does not mean it is true of course. As i said we know swansea and Bristol fans post on here so hopefully they can set the record straight.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    It's OK though, we can sing about them touching their children at the age of 10 without a problem. This was being sung with gusto by a bloke behind me who had 3 little kids with him, 2 boys and a girl, wtf
    Yes I can't believe that song is still going! Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yes I can't believe that song is still going! Sad.
    This 100%. I wish some of our fans would stop with this horrible song.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I f**king hate that song, pathetic

All the Jack fans i know have been very respectful i think all clubs have a few knobheads.

There is a Swansea city scarf by the Fred keenor Sala tribute

To be fair when Alan Davies, Swansea player killed himself but in 1990?, We didn't cover ourselves in glory mind by chanting.. Do the Alan Davies then making a gas sound.

Munich, Aberfan, trampled by a horse. There are always some twats.

Interestingly, I posted this a while ago on the "other" **** board and was abused for it. Strange old world, horses for courses I guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    To be fair when Alan Davies, Swansea player killed himself but in 1990?, We didn't cover ourselves in glory mind by chanting.. Do the Alan Davies then making a gas sound.
    I’d hope that we’d respond better now.

Always some idiots to spoil it for others though

I can remember almost the entire west terrace at the Vetch chanting "Alan Davies ****ing gassed himself".

I seem to remember Leeds fans advising Man U to look on the runways for ice .

And I was at Ashton Gate when they chanted Aberfan ,Aberfan at us , we sorted it though .

Coincidentally, tomorrow is the anniversary of his death.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I can remember almost the entire west terrace at the Vetch chanting "Alan Davies ****ing gassed himself".
    Mainly all hoolies back then though wouldn’t you agree? You know, people like JRH?

Football can have a strange effect on people.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmandaSea...0%2Fframe.html

I'm pretty sure the original Swansea away fixture was postponed to a later date after Alan Davies passed. When it did take place it was an almost non-stop p!ss take relating to that event. My particular favourite was a ditty with the words changed from 'he's got the whole world in his hands' to 'he's got the hosepipe in his hands'.

Most Swansea fans I've seen have been respectful about Sala, highlighting a few idiots singing songs isn't big news nor is it worth talking about.

As long as a few of our lot still sing that awful song about Swansea fans being molested we're in no position to act sanctimonious

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    This 100%. I wish some of our fans would stop with this horrible song.
    I totally agree about this vile song... maybe CCSC and the CCS Trust should try to influence

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    I totally agree about this vile song... maybe CCSC and the CCS Trust should try to influence
    The problem is on threads like this everyone agrees it is an awful song that shouldn’t be sung.

Yet at the games I’d say there are thousands and thousands singing it. Surely one or two of those thousands must be on here to justify it?

Or is it a case of in the cold light of day everyone agrees but come match day people just can’t help it? Anyone?

Quite a few Swansea fans on Facebook and twitter being very disrespectful about the death