Yesterdays performance was probably the first for me this season where positive individual performances were the main difference. We didn't have to rely on a world class goal (Wolves) (Leicester) Individual lapses in concentration(Southampton) or a total collapse of the opposition(Fulham) Maybe i'm being a little harsh with my assessment with those wins, obviously we did have players who performed during those games but not to the extent that i witnessed yesterday evening.

Bob has touched on the work rate in nullifying Clyne by Murphy, the wonder save from Etheridge and the fantastic Defending by Bamba etc and i agree, what gives me most satisfaction is that we did it as a team and there was some method to our win. The biggest factor for me was Niasse's ability to hold the ball up and stay on his feet. There were occasions when there was a fair bit of contact from the defender and he showed the strength to not only hold onto the ball but carry it five or ten yards in order to create a little bit of space and allow midfielders and reid to make those runs or add that bit of support to the man on the ball, something we haven't had for a long, long time. It really did change the dynamics of the play, it meant that when we were in possession we became a threat and in Reid we saw a player who was willing to run beyond Niasse. It also bought our midfield and defence those few seconds in order to regroup and keep their shape as the ball wasn't continuously coming back-It showed that by sliding the ball up to a players feet with the ability to hold onto it and allow others to feed of him, that we aren't that bad a football team. It's no coincidence that our midfield looked more composed even without Camarasa and Arter.

It's certainly not time to get carried away, there were still occasions when we gave the ball away cheaply and we don't really want to be defending as much as we are forced into doing, but the point is that everything looked so much better because for te first time since god knows we actually had a player with the ability to keep the ball and allow others that time ti make runs, re set themselves etc and allow Reid to play his natural game.

Question is why didn't we try and play this way with (Can't head the ball) Zohore? He's probably not as streetwise as Niasse and i do question his character at times, but he must've been sat on that bench yesterday thinking 'Kin'ell...... Anyway, great team performance.