+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paul and jack McKay

Paul and jack McKay

The 22 year old twins who have 2 and a half year professional contracts with us.

Paul currently at league 2 morecombe (22nd in league) on loan and jack non league with chesterfield on loan.

Thought I’d have a little glance how they are doing as I’m intrigued by these 2.

Paul has come on as sub 4 times for morecombe- after 78, 86, 91 and 93rd minutes (in that order).

Jack injured so hasn’t featured for chesterfield yet.

Re: Paul and jack McKay

Paul McKay moved to Morecambe on 4th January and Jack McKay to Chesterfield on 31st January.

Neither have had much time to make an impression.

Their signing looked strange at the time, and it has not looked less strange with the passing of time. I have read the u23 reports by TOBW, Loramski and others with interest, and the impression is that Paul may have a future in lower league football, but Jack hasn't stood out so far. Maybe they will come good despite a fairly unimpressive time at Cardiff u23s and Leeds u23s before that.

It appears as if both were signed to get some influence with their agent father and brother. Whether or not that is true neither of them are agents themselves and neither were directly involved in the Emiliano Sala transfer or the fatal flight (even if Jack made contact with Sala to make the flight offer for his father).

It doesn't sit well with me for people to target them because of their family connections. Whether they are worth their contracts is another matter. But for now they are Cardiff City players and I hope they are successful in their loan moves and beyond. (That isn't aimed at you Father Dougal - but at other social media comment about them)

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Paul McKay moved to Morecambe on 4th January and Jack McKay to Chesterfield on 31st January.

Neither have had much time to make an impression.

Their signing looked strange at the time, and it has not looked less strange with the passing of time. I have read the u23 reports by TOBW, Loramski and others with interest, and the impression is that Paul may have a future in lower league football, but Jack hasn't stood out so far. Maybe they will come good despite a fairly unimpressive time at Cardiff u23s and Leeds u23s before that.

It appears as if both were signed to get some influence with their agent father and brother. Whether or not that is true neither of them are agents themselves and neither were directly involved in the Emiliano Sala transfer or the fatal flight (even if Jack made contact with Sala to make the flight offer for his father).

It doesn't sit well with me for people to target them because of their family connections. Whether they are worth their contracts is another matter. But for now they are Cardiff City players and I hope they are successful in their loan moves and beyond. (That isn't aimed at you Father Dougal - but at other social media comment about them)
    Indeed. Both could be in our first team in a few months time. Stranger things have happened. Will be interesting to see how they get on on loan that’s all.

In my mind I feel a great deal of hatred towards the McKay clan based on firstly, prejudice against agents in general and what they stand for and secondly a lot of what are, at the moment, legally unprovable thoughts about their family’s involvement in this whole tragic affair. I think the obscene haste in which, if TOBW is right, the lesser of the two McKays was shifted out on loan is quite telling about the Club’s attitude towards the whole bunch of them. I wonder if Chesterfield are making a financial contribution to his wages ? If he is as unremarkable a player as is suggested then probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Indeed. Both could be in our first team in a few months time. Stranger things have happened. Will be interesting to see how they get on on loan that’s all.
    I can't think of many.