+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fixture breakdown. Sad bastard time.

Fixture breakdown. Sad bastard time.

Cardiff. Soton. Burnley.

Feb
    Soton A. Cardiff H. Brighton A
    Watford H. Arsenal A. Spurs H
    Everton H. Fulham H. Ncastle A

March
    Wolves A. Man U A. Palace H
    W Ham H. Spurs H. Lpool A
    Brighton A. Watford A. Leics. H
    Chelsea H. Brighton A. Wolves H

April
    Man C A. Lpool H. Bmouth A
    Burnley A. Wolves H. Cardiff H
    L’pool H. Ncastle A. Chelsea A
    Fulham A. B’mouth H. Man C H

May
    Palace H. W Ham A. Everton A
    Man U A. Hudds H. Arsenal H

I can see a run of results that would see us stay up.

We’ll need one win and a draw every month (not including the bournmouth win) to be in with a chance, which is realistic enough I’d say.

Averaging 4 points would see us get 38 points.

If you look through Southampton and Burnley’s fixtures, whilst in March they look like they’ll be able to amass a bigger tally than us, either or both have other months where they’ll struggle to get much unless they can beat a top 6 team or pick up away wins...neither of which will be easy.

It is far from nailed on for those immediately above us and on last weekend’s showing we could realistically get the points that would give us a good chance of avoiding the drop.

Keep the faith!

Re: Fixture breakdown. Sad bastard time.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Cardiff. Soton. Burnley.

Feb

March

April

May

We’ll need one win and a draw every month (not including the bournmouth win) to be in with a chance, which is realistic enough I’d say.

If you look through Southampton and Burnley’s fixtures, whilst in March they look like they’ll be able to amass a bigger tally than us, either or both have other months where they’ll struggle to get much unless they can beat a top 6 team or pick up away wins...neither of which will be easy.

It is far from nailed on for those immediately above us and on last weekend’s showing we could realistically get the points that would give us a good chance of avoiding the drop.

Keep the faith!
    Newcastle are on the same points as Southampton and Burnley, and I would still say Palace and Brighton are in the mix too. We won't take any points from the big 4 teams we have left, so I feel we need 5/6 wins from the other 9 games. If we are still in with a chance with 3 games to go, the Fulham and Palace games will be what decides it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Newcastle are on the same points as Southampton and Burnley, and I would still say Palace and Brighton are in the mix too. We won't take any points from the big 4 teams we have left, so I feel we need 5/6 wins from the other 9 games. If we are still in with a chance with 3 games to go, the Fulham and Palace games will be what decides it for us.
    I wouldn’t write us off at home against Chelsea, depending on how their form is over the next few games.

Surely 4 wins and 4 draws would put us in a strong position. 38 points is usually (if not always enough). I wouldn’t underestimate the importance draws could play in us staying up.

What is true is that there is very little margin for error. We pretty much have to win against Everton, Watford, West Ham, Palace at home and/or win away at Soton, Fulham, Burnley.

I've got us down for 13 points, Soton 16pts and Burnley 9 points, and that's with us losing at Soton. If we can get point there and at Burnley we should juts about manage to stay up.

Burnley's last 6 are horrific. Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I've got us down for 13 points, Soton 16pts and Burnley 9 points, and that's with us losing at Soton. If we can get point there and at Burnley we should juts about manage to stay up.
    I've got Soton on 14, us 13 & Burnley 11, meaning that we'd finish level on points & all down to GD. I've got draws for us at both of them to achieve that.

I've got 14. Think we'll get something at WOlves and it's possible a few of the last games will be v teams with nothing to play for.

Burnley really have got a tough run in, if they don’t do well in their next four games by the time we play Turf Moor the panic could have set in, they’ll be in the mix right up to the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I've got Soton on 14, us 13 & Burnley 11, meaning that we'd finish level on points & all down to GD. I've got draws for us at both of them to achieve that.
    Better hope that does not happen then.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Burnley's last 6 are horrific. Jesus.
    Our home game with them is huge, it could be the one as they say. After us, they have a very tough run in.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Cardiff. Soton. Burnley.

Feb

March

April

May

Keep the faith!
    Southampton be lucky to get 2 points max in March surely.

Personally, I don't think they'll get more than 1 point in March.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Our home game with them is huge, it could be the one as they say. After us, they have a very tough run in.
    They beat us at home.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    They beat us at home.

They beat us at home.
    Yes and I was there, they were awful and stole the points, let’s hope we can repay them in kind

We still have 5 winnable games in there, we really could do with picking up points against the big boys

I see both Southampton & Burnley haven't lost in their last five games. Both teams have have drawn three and won twice. Maybe they have both turned the corner relegation wise? I can see Brighton getting caught up in the relegation mix as they have drawn twice and lost three of their last five games. I think Fulham and Huddersfield are already down. However, I am sure there will be a lot of twists and turns between now and the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I see both Southampton & Burnley haven't lost in their last five games. Both teams have have drawn three and won twice. Maybe they have both turned the corner relegation wise? I can see Brighton getting caught up in the relegation mix as they have drawn twice and lost three of their last five games. I think Fulham and Huddersfield are already down. However, I am sure there will be a lot of twists and turns between now and the end of the season
    It’s Brighton that I’ve got a feeling for as well, we need them to continue this bad spell & get into a bit of a rut.

Sort our own results out and one of them will slip up.

15 or 16 points will probably be enough.

Any less and we will be struggling.

Its always the hope that kills you

I reckon we need results at Southampton and Burnley. Lose both of those and we won't recover the ground. Points at Fulham are probably essential as well. If we're in the bottom 3 at the end of March we're down. The pressure to win games we haven't looked like winning will prove too much.

If 36 points ends up being the survival point, we need a better points average between now and the end of the season than we've managed.

Let's split up our home and away form.

Home. 5 wins, 2 draws, 6 defeats. 4 expected defeats to top 6 sides. 2 defeats to Leicester and Burnley. Leicester have been better on the road and we managed a win there. Disappointing draws to Newcastle and Huddersfield (where we could have had no points at all). 5 wins against the rest.

Away. Erm, crap. Fortunate 3 points at a team with a poor home record, fortunate draw at Palace and a snooze draw against 10-man, surely relegated Huddersfield.

If we need 14 points, our winnable home games are arguably Watford, Everton, West Ham and Palace. That's not enough points. One of those will beat us, maybe 2 or 3. West Ham are back in a bit of a lull, Everton are poor at the moment. Watford took us to the cleaners earlier in the season despite our late fightback. Assume defeats to Chelsea and Liverpool. 12 points from 6 games is a far higher average than we've managed at home this season, which stands at 1.3. If we keep that going, we'll take another 8 points at home, which I'd take right now from our remaining fixtures.

That means getting 6 points away. Fulham, Southampton, Burnley. Biggest three away trips this season. We're in the land of needing results in most of our games against teams near the bottom.

It’s Brighton that I’ve got a feeling for as well, we need them to continue this bad spell & get into a bit of a rut.
    I've just checked their opponents for the rest of the season. They have only one game against a Top 6 team and that is Spurs away. They are going to have a lot of say in who goes down and who stays up this season. With the relative easy fixture list they have, maybe they won't get pulled into the relegation mix after all?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I've just checked their opponents for the rest of the season. They have only one game against a Top 6 team and that is Spurs away. They are going to have a lot of say in who goes down and who stays up this season. With the relative easy fixture list they have, maybe they won't get pulled into the relegation mix after all?
    They also have a postponed match against Chelsea away to play don't they?

I was going to say I think Brighton are actually in a lot of trouble but looking at their fixtures they’ve got quite a nice feb which could see them pull away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    They played Chelsea at home on Dec 16th and lost 2-1. Just been on the BBC website to look at their fixtures for the rest of the season and their is no mention of them playing Chelsea away. I hate the plastic teams with a passion but in this instance I hope Chelsea thrash them at Stamford Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    Top six teams may not be relevant in Brighton’s case, we’ve beaten them and to be two up at Craven Cottage and then concede four in the second half doesn’t bode well at all.