+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Body found breaking news

International

Re: Body found breaking news

Whoever's body it is I do know that if it's been in the water that long things will not be pleasant. I truly feel for both families, one for their loss and the other for their find. God care for them.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I am not going to get involved in this lol. Just airing my thoughts was all.
    some things best left to the people paid to do them
    Aviation flying expert guy was on radio wales on way home.

He said the body seen was in the pilot's seat. He said that doesn't mean it is the pilot of course, and it doesn't mean sala is not in there- just they have only seen one body so far- and more than likely the one they have seen is the pilot.

He also said the plane is in a remarkably good condition. This suggests it didnt crash into the sea but could more likely be a sign of it was flown into the sea as he didnt realise how low he already was. This could also explain why the pilot may have stayed in his seat.

He did say he can't say for certain but he sounded as if he knew what he was on about anyway.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Based on where it came down it ditched at sea and is now 67m down. That's enough water pressure to deform the aircraft in itself.
    Not wishing to quibble due to the tragic discovery, but 67 metres below sea level is relatively shallow and no deformation of metal would occur.

No deformation of metal would occur at any depth unless the metal surrounds an air pocket.

Free divers descend to about 100 metres on one breath.

International

That's interesting. There was a report early on that Mr Ibotson(?) has confided to friends that he was rusty and had a tendency to fly 'high'
    Perhaps he was overcompensating for that. Maybe the altometer will tell the investigators

That's interesting. There was a report early on that Mr Ibotson(?) has confided to friends that he was rusty and had a tendency to fly 'high'
    Perhaps he was overcompensating for that. Maybe the altometer will tell the investigators
    He said it is unlikely it was down to an error with the plane. He said almost impossible it 'fell out of the sky' anyway so unlikely a second engine would have made any difference.

More likely he said it would be down to an inexperienced pilot (not a professional one anyway) a night time flight and overall poor weather conditions. The altometer is unlikely to help but one affected by the ice is certainly possible.

The pilot may have attempted to ditch it at sea, would explain limited damage

As for the "aviation expert" saying it was the pilot found, he should keep his mouth shut until its official

Interesting point on the altimeter. Read a book recently which discussed losses by Coastal Command during WWII. Losses were often down to accidents where the pilots were sometimes "deceived by their altimeters" and as a result flew into the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterwick Blue View Post

As for the "aviation expert" saying it was the pilot found, he should keep his mouth shut until its official
    He didnt say it was the pilot found. He said the body seen was in the pilots seat. And they havent seen the rest of the plane yet.

Was on radio wales about 6.10. Ill find the link.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    Interesting point on the altimeter. Read a book recently which discussed losses by Coastal Command during WWII. Losses were often down to accidents where the pilots were sometimes "deceived by their altimeters" and as a result flew into the sea.
    This is what the guy i heard was getting at. He said it would have been absolutely pitch black of course so even if that's not what happened on this flight- it has certainly happened on that trip before.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterwick Blue View Post
    There was no mayday call, which some pilots have suggested could be a sign that the flight conditions deteriated quite rapidly. Jersey air traffic control so far haven't released any information regarding the reason why the pilot requested a descend from 5,000ft to 2,300ft.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0002bw1

Its from 2 hours 10 minutes. Quite a long interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Not wishing to quibble due to the tragic discovery, but 67 metres below sea level is relatively shallow and no deformation of metal would occur.

No deformation of metal would occur at any depth unless the metal surrounds an air pocket.

Free divers descend to about 100 metres on one breath.
    Quite how thise free divers stay alive is well beyond me. At roughly 70 m water pressure is about 8 bar/115 pounds per square inch. One can presume that as the aircraft sank air would be trapped inside and as it is released and water pressure increases the metalwork would bend somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Quite how thise free divers stay alive is well beyond me. At roughly 70 m water pressure is about 8 bar/115 pounds per square inch. One can presume that as the aircraft sank air would be trapped inside and as it is released and water pressure increases the metalwork would bend somewhat.
    Its usually because they’re down and then back up, they don’t tend to hang around at depth.
    Many have died freediving, they often just blackout on the way back up.

It's easy to draw amateur conclusions from the facts which have been released. You could arrange some of the facts in isolation and paint a picture....

Sala sister alleges Mafia involvement.
    Only one body seen in plane.
    Pilot has links to parachuting.

I suggests we watch the facts emerge and let the experts piece them together.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gifaffe View Post
    It's easy to draw amateur conclusions from the facts which have been released. You could arrange some of the facts in isolation and paint a picture....

Of course I meant to put Sala ex not sister.

Any updates today from the relevant sources?
    Finding a body down there i'd imagine some sort of recovery operation is underway or is the weather affecting it?
    Last edited by Monster munch; 05-02-19 at 12:52. Reason: typo

You wouldn't use any of these "facts" when trying to piece together what happened.

The relevant factors are the experience and qualifications of the operator, the condition of the aircraft, the flight plan, the weather conditions, flying at night, requesting a descent from 5000ft to 2300ft, and the absence of a mayday call.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Any updates today from the relevant sources?
    Finding a body down there i'd imagine some sort of recovery operation is underway or is the weather affecting it?
    I suspect we will only receive news about any attempted recovery after the families of the victims have been informed of the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You wouldn't use any of these "facts" when trying to piece together what happened.

The relevant factors are the experience and qualifications of the operator, the condition of the aircraft, the flight plan, the weather conditions, flying at night, requesting a descent from 5000ft to 2300ft, and the absence of a mayday call.
    No, I wouldn't. That was kinda my point.

The experts would rule nothing out though including sabotage. And by experts I wasn't limiting it to the AAIB as you seem to have, I was including criminal investigators too.

No, I wouldn't. That was kinda my point.

The experts would rule nothing out though including sabotage. And by experts I wasn't limiting it to the AAIB as you seem to have, I was including criminal investigators too.
    I keep my thoughts to myself regarding specific criminal activity, as it is entirely possible that some laws have been bent or broken, and people may be held accountable for their actions at some point. Therefore, I have mainly stuck to sequence of events surrounding the flight that are already in the public domain. Of course we know that Tan is considering legal action, and there are questions about the ownership of the aircraft and it's registration, but that is a topic for another day.

As far as I'm aware, the only FACTS that we know are that Sala boarded the plane, Ibbotson was the pilot, the plane left Nantes, Ibbotson requested to descend when in Channel Island airspace, the plane was lost from the radar near Guernsey, seats have washed up in France, the wreckage has been discovered, and one body is visible within the wreckage.

Anything else is speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    As far as I'm aware, the only FACTS that we know are that Sala boarded the plane, Ibbotson was the pilot, the plane left Nantes, Ibbotson requested to descend when in Channel Island airspace, the plane was lost from the radar near Guernsey, seats have washed up in France, the wreckage has been discovered, and one body is visible within the wreckage.

Anything else is speculation.
    Is it a fact those seats were definitely from the plane?

(I genuinely don't know- not trying to be funny or clever)

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Is it a fact those seats were definitely from the plane?

(I genuinely don't know- not trying to be funny or clever)
    Yes, the authorities have confirmed seats were from aircraft.
    According to Sky AIB are trying to recover body as we speak.

Bid to recover body from plane crash wreckage

Attempts are being made to recover the body from the plane wreck that was carrying Cardiff City footballer Emiliano Sala and pilot David Ibbotson.

The body was seen in the Piper Malibu N264DB on Monday, two weeks after the plane vanished near Guernsey.

Relatives of Sala and Mr Ibbotson were consulted before recovery work began.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47129137

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Bid to recover body from plane crash wreckage

Attempts are being made to recover the body from the plane wreck that was carrying Cardiff City footballer Emiliano Sala and pilot David Ibbotson.

The body was seen in the Piper Malibu N264DB on Monday, two weeks after the plane vanished near Guernsey.

Relatives of Sala and Mr Ibbotson were consulted before recovery work began.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47129137
    There is still no closure for one family if there is only one body