+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Emiliano Sala Memorial Trophy

Re: Emiliano Sala Memorial Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Ahh well that was a nice idea, whilst it lasted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47146614
    I think it’ll still go ahead for PR but I bet it’s getting sour behind the scenes.

It needs to be resolved ASAP as it hangs over our club like the Malky story did last time we were promoted

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I think it’ll still go ahead for PR but I bet it’s getting sour behind the scenes.

Unreal.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Unreal.....
    Ah, The Lone Condescendman, you must have been on holiday in outer Mongolia with no signal this last week.
    Either that or I missed your Saints comments, your "usual" post regarding City's weekend fortunes.

Unreal

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Ah, The Lone Condescendman, you must have been on holiday in outer Mongolia with no signal this last week.
    Either that or I missed your Saints comments, your "usual" post regarding City's weekend fortunes.

Unreal
    Ah, MacMasturbator! As it happens, I’ve spent much of the last week in Southampton. I try to avoid post-match observations about the team as they tend to upset some of the delicate petals on here.

Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    53rd??? Who are the other 2???
    Guam and Puerto Rico are US territories. But there are still only 50 states.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Guam and Puerto Rico are US territories. But there are still only 50 states.
    I’ll sleep better tonight now you’ve cleared that up.

Ah, MacMasturbator!

As it happens, I’ve spent much of the last week in Southampton. I try to avoid post-match observations about the team as they tend to upset some of the delicate petals on here.
    I doubt very much whether any comments about the city's performance against the Saints last week could have upset almost anyone on here because they would have had to have been positive ones

I doubt very much whether any comments about the city's performance against the Saints last week could have upset almost anyone on here because they would have had to have been positive ones
    We’re you there? Did you watch the game?

I was. It’s fair to say it wasn’t the best.

We’re you there? Did you watch the game?

I was. It’s fair to say it wasn’t the best.
    Wasn't there but was lucky enough to watch the whole game, yes.

Depends what you mean by "best".
    Football quality perhaps not (did anyone expect it to be a classic for the footballing purist though) but for excitement and raw emotion, for me, it was up there with the City v Leicester game and the Wales v Belgium game of 2016.

Out of interest, what did you feel when Bamba scored, when they equalised and when Ken got the winner?

Out of interest, what did you feel when Bamba scored, when they equalised and when Ken got the winner?
    Bemused when Bamba scored. City had been utterly awful up until that point, especially going forward. I'm pretty sure it was their first genuine effort on goal from their first corner. It seemed to come out of nothing.

Frustrated when Stephens scored. In retrospect, I was surprised how irritated I felt.

Amused when Zohore scored. That goal summed the game up really and the timing was hilarious, especially for those of us who were right next to the Saints fans.

I enjoyed the trip down there and was having a good day out before the football started but the first half, in particular, was abysmal. Really dire stuff. To be honest, I'd have been perfectly happy to leave at half-time. I'm glad I stuck it out as things eventually livened up, but that's how I felt at the time. The way this team of Warnock's continues to grind out points genuinely amazes me. They look so poor for such long periods, especially away from home, but they still somehow manage to claim points on a reasonably regular basis. Great character, wonderful spirit, terrible football.

Bemused when Bamba scored. City had been utterly awful up until that point, especially going forward. I'm pretty sure it was their first genuine effort on goal from their first corner. It seemed to come out of nothing.

Frustrated when Stephens scored. In retrospect, I was surprised how irritated I felt.

Amused when Zohore scored. That goal summed the game up really and the timing was hilarious, especially for those of us who were right next to the Saints fans.

I enjoyed the trip down there and was having a good day out before the football started but the first half, in particular, was abysmal. Really dire stuff. To be honest, I'd have been perfectly happy to leave at half-time. I'm glad I stuck it out as things eventually livened up, but that's how I felt at the time. The way this team of Warnock's continues to grind out points genuinely amazes me. They look so poor for such long periods, especially away from home, but they still somehow manage to claim points on a reasonably regular basis. Great character, wonderful spirit, terrible football.
    Bemused frustrated and amused...
    Right bundle of laughs then

I've found you need to have a few extra beers than normal when watching us away as the quality football then tends not to be too important.

Perhaps a solution might be to try and play attractive free flowing attacking football, say like errrm, ooh I dunno, errrm... Fulham. Yeah Fulham play some really good.....
    oh, hang on!

Glad you stayed until the end but disappointed (for you) that you didn't experience the emotions that 99% of the City fans there did.

Crikey....... You lot are a real mixed bag of fruit-loops.
    I came to this messageboard with an Aviation background to see & monitor what the thoughts on the Fateful flight were, I have selectively posted on known facts about the air crash so as the general public members of CCFC had a brief outline of the aviation findings that took your Star player from you.
    Now, having scoured your pages I am not sure whether Sala is regarded as having been a CCFC signing or not?

My Aviation business employer is someone who is very prominent in the World of Aviation so we have a very informed insight into the finer details of the Flight operations that N264DB were operated under & what shortcomings came with this operation.

My Aviation business employer is someone who in earlier years was part of a famous sporting family & having not wanted to follow in the family tradition took the sporting money & ran towards Aviation but his knowledge of how the football industry is run was key to him not wanting to become very prominent in the World of Soccer.

His overall thoughts on all the tittle tattle that I show him from on here is a testament to why he never wanted to stay in the sport that made his family the money for him to get into aviation. He is watching the Aviation interest on here but says " I am glad I don't have to deal with the football muppets anymore "

Perhaps all you posters should all be pulling in the same direction instead of tearing each other apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    I came to this messageboard with an Aviation background to see & monitor what the thoughts on the Fateful flight were, I have selectively posted on known facts about the air crash so as the general public members of CCFC had a brief outline of the aviation findings that took your Star player from you.
    Now, having scoured your pages I am not sure whether Sala is regarded as having been a CCFC signing or not?

My Aviation business employer is someone who is very prominent in the World of Aviation so we have a very informed insight into the finer details of the Flight operations that N264DB were operated under & what shortcomings came with this operation.

My Aviation business employer is someone who in earlier years was part of a famous sporting family & having not wanted to follow in the family tradition took the sporting money & ran towards Aviation but his knowledge of how the football industry is run was key to him not wanting to become very prominent in the World of Soccer.

His overall thoughts on all the tittle tattle that I show him from on here is a testament to why he never wanted to stay in the sport that made his family the money for him to get into aviation. He is watching the Aviation interest on here but says " I am glad I don't have to deal with the football muppets anymore "

Perhaps all you posters should all be pulling in the same direction instead of tearing each other apart.
    Yeah but you're no Wales-Bales.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Yeah but you're no Wales-Bales.
    I am not sure I follow
    I have seen some of Wales-Bales posts & I am sure his mannerisms can upset a few, that said " It takes all sorts to have a debate "

I must admit I quite like this flyer 46 fella and appreciate his input and his insights into the aviation industry.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I must admit I quite like this flyer 46 fella and appreciate his input and his insights into the aviation industry.
    I also like his insights into the strange minds of some on here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post

I bet we don't know the half of it (or even 10 per cent of it).

This is pretty distasteful , so I'm not going to start another argument.
    Just wondering , there are a lot of people on here who follow the club news more closely than I do, so
    does anyone know if any eyebrows were raised when we signed the idiot twins?
    Also , how much do we pay them and when can we get shot of them?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I bet we don't know the half of it (or even 10 per cent of it).
    I am pretty sure that you won't ever know the half of it, it would be extremely hard for the layman to get anywhere near 50% of the facts while the likes of Willie McKay is shooting his mouth off......the guy has more faces than a Town hall clock tower.
    10% is even optimistic as a knowledge bank.

The focus on the fateful flight from aviation authorities is gaining a real momentum and as I have previously said the AAIB report when published is going to 'shake the world'
    The comraderie between the Sala & Ibbotson family members will rapidly diminish when that report comes out, I genuinely feel sorry for the Ibbotson family because whilst I believe David Ibbotson acted irresponsibly in departing Nantes that night based on his flying capabilities I am sure he believed he could hack it & get Sala to Cardiff.

With nothing good being an acceptable outcome to this disaster I hope it does end up biting Willie McKay in the arse, or better still a long stretch in HMP Parc with 'Bubba' as his cellmate

There will be a long line of people who will be 'shitting bricks' until that AAIB report comes out, mainly Willie McKay & Mr Henderson. I am pretty sure that the Ibbotson family won't want to read what I suspect they already know..... The wife of the pilot already acknowledged that her husband was a private pilot so the commercial implication of that flight is already opening up a lot of cans of worms for all connected.

Much as it pains me to say it, the likes of Willie McKay probably hope the pilots corpse isn't located ( it might be that the contents of his pockets will tell a hundred stories )

bubba.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    The interim report from the UK Air Accident Investigation Branch is due to be released at 2pm on Monday (25th) afternoon. It had been hoped to be released this week, within a month of the accident.

The report is expected to largely focus on the factual findings of the investigation team, who spent almost four days at the site of the plane wreckage after it was located. Such reports are commissioned so quickly in cases where there could be an urgent public safety aspect or if there as a significant public and media interest.