+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Willie McKay is not an agent, so why was he working on Emiliano Sala deal?

Willie McKay is not an agent, so why was he working on Emiliano Sala deal?

Says the headline from this Guardian report:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...o-sala-cardiff

Willie McKay seems to be squealing around about his role in the deal....

...and in another titbit from the report:

"Dalman said it was not correct that Cardiff had agreed an extension for paying the first instalment of the £15m fee to Nantes. A Cardiff source said, however, that the club would ensure Sala’s family will receive compensation".

Re: Willie McKay is not an agent, so why was he working on Emiliano Sala deal?

If all of this is true as a bona-fide statement from Willie McKay I think Neil Warnock is being somewhat economical with the truth as to what his relationship with the McKay's is?
    Mark McKay, Willie’s son, had a mandate from Nantes to sell Sala to a UK club for 10% of the eventual £15m fee, and Willie McKay told the Guardian that he worked feverishly to interest Cardiff, persuade Sala to sign and cement the deal. His work included arranging two private flights for Cardiff’s manager, Neil Warnock, to watch Sala play for Nantes.

Both Willie and Mark McKay travelled with Warnock on the flights, the first on 5 December when Warnock was accompanied by Cardiff’s assistant manager, Kevin Blackwell, the second when the club’s player liaison officer, Callum Davies, went.

He had extensive dealings with Warnock and other Cardiff staff to make the deal happen, McKay says, including with the chief executive, Ken Choo, and chairman, Mehmet Dalman.

Why would Neil Warnock want to endure flying in the same aircraft as someone who he declares he despises? Why would Neil Warnock as a football manager have the son's of such a despicable pleb in his squad? It seems from what I read that they are like a pair of cart horses, surely Neil Warnock would have done better signing up two donkeys from Aberavon Beach?

It would seem that Warnock & McKay have cosy'ed up together at some time of their lives as there are too many inexplicable links that just don't add up?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    If all of this is true as a bona-fide statement from Willie McKay I think Neil Warnock is being somewhat economical with the truth as to what his relationship with the McKay's is?
    Mark McKay, Willie’s son, had a mandate from Nantes to sell Sala to a UK club for 10% of the eventual £15m fee, and Willie McKay told the Guardian that he worked feverishly to interest Cardiff, persuade Sala to sign and cement the deal. His work included arranging two private flights for Cardiff’s manager, Neil Warnock, to watch Sala play for Nantes.

Both Willie and Mark McKay travelled with Warnock on the flights, the first on 5 December when Warnock was accompanied by Cardiff’s assistant manager, Kevin Blackwell, the second when the club’s player liaison officer, Callum Davies, went.

He had extensive dealings with Warnock and other Cardiff staff to make the deal happen, McKay says, including with the chief executive, Ken Choo, and chairman, Mehmet Dalman.

Why would Neil Warnock want to endure flying in the same aircraft as someone who he declares he despises? Why would Neil Warnock as a football manager have the son's of such a despicable pleb in his squad? It seems from what I read that they are like a pair of cart horses, surely Neil Warnock would have done better signing up two donkeys from Aberavon Beach?

It would seem that Warnock & McKay have cosy'ed up together at some time of their lives as there are too many inexplicable links that just don't add up?
    A thorough investigation is needed, nothing makes sense. Who conducts this investigation i do not know

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    A thorough investigation is needed, nothing makes sense. Who conducts this investigation i do not know
    The Investigation into the Air accident is being completed by the AAIB, CAA, FAA & NTSB with assistance from the Bureau d'Enquêtes et d'Analyses pour la Sécurité de l'Aviation Civile. I suspect this will be a multiple page document.

Any investigation into the antics of the McKay clan should be an investigation completed by the serious fraud squad & the PFA.
    Any investigation into the antics of Neil Warnock should be an in-house investigation completed by the CCFC Shareholders, he is an employee of CCFC so they should have the capacity to control him, I think the CCFC supporters will be very interested in how the McKay muppets became CCFC players? personally I couldn't give a flying f##k as to why they are on the CCFC books.

I wonder how many up & coming footballers Willie McKay will scout for Cardiff whilst he is serving his time at HMP Parc?

Yes I do hope to hear that McKay gets the 'clink' this time, the f##ker has sailed too close to the wind too many times & needs to be fully restricted by a custodial.

The interim report from the UK Air Accident Investigation Branch is due to be released at 2pm on Monday (25th) afternoon. It had been hoped to be released this week, within a month of the accident.

The report is expected to largely focus on the factual findings of the investigation team, who spent almost four days at the site of the plane wreckage after it was located. Such reports are commissioned so quickly in cases where there could be an urgent public safety aspect or if there as a significant public and media interest.