+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emiliano Sala Memorial Trophy

Re: Emiliano Sala Memorial Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Thanks. So, basically, we’ve seen a bit of social media interaction between what in reality is a tiny percentage of the respective fanbases, which is no surprise at all given the circumstances. But can that really be described as a genuine bond?

As TOBW suggests, it will be interesting to see how the relationship between the two clubs develops in the coming months as their financial considerations move to the forefront and the realities of how this tragedy came about become more apparent.
    Well yes, only time will tell i guess but its only been 2 weeks since the tragedy. Bonds need to grow over time.
    Before we signed Emiliano I couldn't point to Nantes on a French map let alone know much about their football team. Now since the tragedy, i know they have a huge fanbase, the colours they play in, members of their team and so on. I'll probably pick up a game or two of theirs on tv and may even travel over to northern France on a weekender sometime in the future.
    Its funny how the human mind works and if Emiliano hadn't have passed on, had already made his debut for us and playing down the CCS then I probably wouldn't bat an eyelid or give two hoots how FC Nantes are getting on.
    Tragedies and death can bring people together in the most unusual way completely unexpected.

As above, i'm not expecting to write love letters and marry a Nantes girl and emigrate over there, but would like to think a bond of some sorts will be part of both teams fans over the next few years.
    Like TOBW suggests, it could all go very bitter should any financial wrangles come into play although i'm hoping that wont be the case.

Thanks. So, basically, we’ve seen a bit of social media interaction between what in reality is a tiny percentage of the respective fanbases, which is no surprise at all given the circumstances. But can that really be described as a genuine bond?

As TOBW suggests, it will be interesting to see how the relationship between the two clubs develops in the coming months as their financial considerations move to the forefront and the realities of how this tragedy came about become more apparent.
    It is plain to see, that your bitterness towards Tan and a good majority of City fans is still burning deep inside you. I can’t be arsed to check, but I’d wager you didn’t post much on here on Sunday, as the team had a great result the day before, the fans had created a cracking atmosphere, and sang their hearts out about the man who came so close to playing for us. Even you couldn’t find anything arsey to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    It is plain to see, that your bitterness towards Tan and a good majority of City fans is still burning deep inside you. I can’t be arsed to check, but I’d wager you didn’t post much on here on Sunday, as the team had a great result the day before, the fans had created a cracking atmosphere, and sang their hearts out about the man who came so close to playing for us. Even you couldn’t find anything arsey to say about that.
    I'm so bitter towards City fans that I'll be spending this evening with a bunch of them and then travelling to Southampton on Saturday with a load more. Will you be joining us or will you be sat on your ringpiece posting crap on here about people you don't know and have never met? I'm guessing the latter option is more likely.

I'm so bitter towards City fans that I'll be spending this evening with a bunch of them and then travelling to Southampton on Saturday with a load more. Will you be joining us or will you be sat on your ringpiece posting crap on here about people you don't know and have never met? I'm guessing the latter option is more likely.
    Are you going to the game? If so how did you qualify for and get a ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Dave’s a Southampton season ticket holder, loves the red & white stripes😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He’s a double header (pun intended) that’s for sure

Yes, almost certainly. I haven’t got a ticket yet, but no doubt I’ll get one in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I should have a season ticket for the train at least. I spend enough time going there and back these days. Four times this month, three the next.

Yes, almost certainly. I haven’t got a ticket yet, but no doubt I’ll get one in due course.
    Hospitality,folk are just jealous ?

Plastic

I’ve gathered data from several sources and reached the conclusion that they’re serious.
    Fair play That made me smile. Nothing like linking different threads together to make a point only people who have been following both threads would get.

I should have a season ticket for the train at least. I spend enough time going there and back these days. Four times this month, three the next.
    There you go, practically a local !!!!

You don’t know me either, but your assuming I’m not going on Saturday. Interesting. You’ll probably be the one with the face like a smacked arse before a ball is kicked. I’ll see if I can pick you out.
    Don’t need to know you, to realise your a middle aged bitter man, who seeks every opportunity on here to be a smarmy I’m right and your wrong kinda dude.
    Looking like Tan is gonna stick around longer than you did.

You don’t know me either, but your assuming I’m not going on Saturday. Interesting. You’ll probably be the one with the face like a smacked arse before a ball is kicked. I’ll see if I can pick you out.
    Don’t need to know you, to realise your a middle aged bitter man, who seeks every opportunity on here to be a smarmy I’m right and your wrong kinda dude.
    What have you gone and done

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Don’t worry Auntie. He’s thick skinned is our Mr Sugarman. Bald as a coot, but thick skinned. My reply will be bread and butter for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    It's what you're hoping he's done-let's be honest, you love it.

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Not the 53rd state yet? Almost
    53rd??? Who are the other 2???

Friendlies with Nantes sounds a brilliant idea.
    The Nantes fans I’ve been in contact with are well up for it.

Was somewhere I wanted to take Mrs Mower too anyway, this would give me a good excuse.
    I also think it would attract a big crowd and be a lovely way to remember the 2 guys.

Of course if there’s a dispute between the clubs it would be an issue, but who knows.

In principle the idea is a really good one IMHO

If Vinnie’s going to stick around longer than I did, he’ll have to live to be 107. Can’t see that happening, but God willing.....

As for Saturday, I’m sure I’ll have a good day out regardless of what happens on the pitch. I’ll be with a load of friends, so a good time is pretty much guaranteed. You’ll have to come and say hello and attempt your psychoanalysis face to face.

Plastic
    Ninian Opinian - joined the forum in January 2007, total posts 3 - all of which are in this thread. Very strange.

If Vinnie’s going to stick around longer than I did, he’ll have to live to be 107. Can’t see that happening, but God willing.....

As for Saturday, I’m sure I’ll have a good day out regardless of what happens on the pitch. I’ll be with a load of friends, so a good time is pretty much guaranteed. You’ll have to come and say hello and attempt your psychoanalysis face to face.
    No psychoanalysis required. Can read you like a book.

No psychoanalysis required. Can read you like a book.
    So you believe, but you’re hopelessly wrong.

Ahh well that was a nice idea, whilst it lasted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47146614

Is this game still on then?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Is this game still on then?
    I've heard a rumour that there'll be a two matches on a home and away basis where the losing team will either pay or forfeit the transfer money.

Just to add a bit of spice to the matches.