+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Liam Neeson

Re: Liam Neeson

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'm pretty sure there'd be a lot less empathy if a Muslim had said he'd spent a week (a week!) looking for any white person to get revenge on.
    Abu Hamza seemed to do ok and he said that for years

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Yeah he did fine, on trial since 2004 and in a high security US prison for life

Who had empathy with him? He is one of the most hated men around.

Do you know what empathy means? That's probably the worst example you could have chosen.

Do you know what empathy means? That's probably the worst example you could have chosen.
    yes thanks, I do know what empathy means, even if i didnt, i might have googled the big words you tend to use

my reply was meant to be a extreme and tongue-in-cheek

though as a side note, his followers certainly showed empathy with him did they not ? ?

I don’t think it’s a valid comparison tbh. A white man today has come out today and said he wanted to kill any black man because his friend was raped and has faced some criticism with the majority of people sticking up for him.

Then when someone said a Muslim wouldn’t have got the same reaction you said despised hate preacher and in prison for life Abu hamza for an example.

yes thanks, I do know what empathy means, even if i didnt, i might have googled the big words you tend to use

my reply was meant to be a extreme and tongue-in-cheek

though as a side note, his followers certainly showed empathy with him did they not ? ?
    Yes because they're his followers. Maybe the reply worked better in your head, but if there was a thread called Abu Hamza, I'm sure there wouldn't be half a dozen people on it making excuses for him to downplay what he said.

Just reminds me of the Ted talk I saw here https://youtu.be/SSH5EY-W5oM where a white supremacist gives an insight into his upbringing and how his views became so extreme. He is commended for his honesty not lambasted for his past.

Neeson is clearly trying to convey that he is ashamed of his initial reaction to learning that his friend was raped and that he wanted to know the colour of the assailant and then kill a person of that colour. However the risk nowadays is that people are unwilling to see beyond your past, especially if your life is in the public eye. James Gunn director of Guardians of the Galaxy had his contact thrown out for tweets sent years ago, Kevin Hart has been blocked from hosting the Oscars for tweets he sent years ago. And now you have Neeson. The difference here is as opposed to a tweet, he voluntarily admitted to an event in his past that he obviously regrets in an interview. His agent must be spitting feathers because the issue in this day and age is the media, particularly social media, is unwilling to look beyond the statement in order to pursue an opportunity to engage in discussion. They are more content with focusing on said statement and then seeking that as clarification that this individual needs to be censored. And that's what we are seeing with Neeson. Future public engagements will be cancelled, there'll be fewer screenings of his new film that he is currently promoting and there'll be less interest for him to be approached for future film projects.

People just don't want to talk and listen these days, they would rather choose to be upset and decline your right to be involved in the conversation.

Poor Liam Neeson who’ll get fewer screenings of his film because he admitted he grouped every single black person together for the actions of one.

From what I can see he’s being patted on the back for if and getting called brave more than anything else.

The right action is somewhere in the middle should he be completely written off despite his apology? no he’s definitely shown some remorse.

Should he be criticised because of his reaction to a friend being raped was any black person to kill will do? Of course especially when you listen to his actual apology and see even he doesn’t realise what the issue with his reaction was.

I don't even need to add to this thread other than to say John Barnes sums it all up brilliantly.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He is a 67 year old man talking about a previous time / era, one where certain prejudices were more commonplacd, and one in which he acknowledges it was wrong hence him says he is ashamed and learned lessons from it.
    Why does he feel the need to say anything though? Just keep it to yourself Liam. Carry that weight. This is a prime example of white/rich priviledge. He's unburdening himself. At the expense of others. "some black bastard". WTF?

Another celebrity, Macaulay Culkin of Home Alone fame, recently made some explosive accusations about Satanic kid fiddlers in Hollywood. His allegations could be questioned or dismissed because he has a long background of drug addiction. What might give them more substance is that they were publicised at websites but were swiftly removed.

- The Home Alone star has exposed movie business execs as “Satanic pedophiles” who “ritually abuse children in the industry.” Culkin claims he only got out alive because he was a “smart and suspicious kid” who “got too famous to be killed like some of the other kids.””You learn very early to recognize which of them want to abuse you, and which of them have even darker tastes,” Macaulay Culkin said, explaining that “the worst of them wear shoes made out of the skin of children that they ritually murdered.” Culkin dropped the huge truth bomb during a radio interview in Paris, France. -

More: https://danielsolis.cz/macaulay-culk...ritrfCr9RKDrOU

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Another celebrity, Macaulay Culkin of Home Alone fame, recently made some explosive accusations about Satanic kid fiddlers in Hollywood. His allegations could be questioned or dismissed because he has a long background of drug addiction. What might give them more substance is that they were publicised at websites but were swiftly removed.

- The Home Alone star has exposed movie business execs as “Satanic pedophiles” who “ritually abuse children in the industry.” Culkin claims he only got out alive because he was a “smart and suspicious kid” who “got too famous to be killed like some of the other kids.””You learn very early to recognize which of them want to abuse you, and which of them have even darker tastes,” Macaulay Culkin said, explaining that “the worst of them wear shoes made out of the skin of children that they ritually murdered.” Culkin dropped the huge truth bomb during a radio interview in Paris, France. -

More: https://danielsolis.cz/macaulay-culk...ritrfCr9RKDrOU

Yet he said Michael Jackson never touched him.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Yet he said Michael Jackson never touched him.
    F*ck me, looking at that, would you?😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    F*ck me, looking at that, would you?����

I can't believe that this thread is 3 pages long, yet nobody has blamed Dave Jones for ruining another career

Liam Neeson replaced as US chat show guest

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47155727

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Liam Neeson replaced as US chat show guest

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47155727
    Its was always going to happen anyway with that very poor hair dye job and an age of 67 ,that colour hair and age group Is surely not for the modern age of HDTV .

Liam Neeson was stupid to say what he did, but I don't see how it's racist (since racism is more of a long-term viewpoint?). Silly to see the red carpet be pulled and his guest slow cancelled over it tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyBluebirds View Post
    Liam Neeson was stupid to say what he did, but I don't see how it's racist (since racism is more of a long-term viewpoint?). Silly to see the red carpet be pulled and his guest slow cancelled over it tbh.
    Racist thought, racist act, racist attack - of course single events can be racist.

Racist thought, racist act, racist attack - of course single events can be racist.
    He should have said "I went out in anger looking for any person to hit to exact revenge "

A violent thought and act , but he didn't actually back it up , perhaps , understandable , when faced with anger, in a fight or flight situation.

What worries me is why say it now ?? did he actually do that walk ,or is this some flowered up statement ?? where he is foolishly seeking self publicity of his film ,if yes , what a shallow nasty, greedy little man he is and a first rate plonker dont feel sorry for him he's loaded, and self opponiated.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He should have said "I went out in anger looking for any person to hit to exact revenge "

A violent thought and act , but he didn't actually back it up , perhaps , understandable , when faced with anger, in a fight or flight situation.

What worries me is why say it now ?? did he actually do that walk ,or is this some flowered up statement ?? where he is foolishly seeking self publicity of his film ,if yes , what a shallow nasty, greedy little man he is and a first rate plonker dont feel sorry for him he's loaded, and self opponiated.
    I'm not sure that's really much better. He'd have been better off saying nothing. Like you, I can't understand why he shared it. I guess he didn't think ahead as to how it could come across.

Cancelling his shows now is not going to achieve much other than to save face for those associated with the shows. He's not flavour of the month at the moment but that will pass.

I just don't know how someone can say it's not racist. It seems to tick all the boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Some thoughts are better left inside one's head.
    Very much so, 40 years ago my mind has changed a lot, and opinions changed, if I put my thoughts down now from 40 years ago, I could be locked up, and now they will make a witch hunt against him, 20 years I thought the world will be better with no chelsea fans on the planet, I now realized I was right

I don't know whether he should have kept it to himself, or it is better that he owns it and admits his past.

A great many people of his generation and older especially will have at some point expressed views that would seem racist today (although the vast majority not anything like as extreme as this). Is it healthier for society for people to be able to admit their mistakes? It might lead someone still harbouring similar views into the light?