+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City Stadium crowds - time for me to eat some humble pie.

Cardiff City Stadium crowds - time for me to eat some humble pie.

One thing about Saturday's match which I don't think was mentioned on here was the attendance. Yes, I know not all season ticket holders are there for every match (there were two or three regulars who sit close to me missing on Saturday) and that there was some sort of price reduction for the game, but if anyone had told me before a ball was kicked this season that we would get an official attendance of 31,939 for Bournemouth's visit, I would never have believed them.

I was pretty certain that crowds would be averaging something like 27,000 this season, but as a long term critic of "Tan's Folly", I have to say it has been needed this season. Of course, relegation would probably see crowds tumble to about sixty per cent of the current average of just over 31,000, but if we could stay in the Premier League for a few seasons, there may be some discussion in the club about the need for further stand extensions!

Re: Cardiff City Stadium crowds - time for me to eat some humble pie.

Loads of day trippers to convert into long term supporters. Long May the support continue

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    One thing about Saturday's match which I don't think was mentioned on here was the attendance. Yes, I know not all season ticket holders are there for every match (there were two or three regulars who sit close to me missing on Saturday) and that there was some sort of price reduction for the game, but if anyone had told me before a ball was kicked this season that we would get an official attendance of 31,939 for Bournemouth's visit, I would never have believed them.

I was pretty certain that crowds would be averaging something like 27,000 this season, but as a long term critic of "Tan's Folly", I have to say it has been needed this season. Of course, relegation would probably see crowds tumble to about sixty per cent of the current average of just over 31,000, but if we could stay in the Premier League for a few seasons, there may be some discussion in the club about the need for further stand extensions!
    The stadium looks fantastic when full as well.

The atmosphere for consistency throughout the season has been the best since ive been a supporter mid 80s.

Things change quickly in football. We now have a united well supported and hopefully a well run club. Meanwhile not long after their movie premier Swansea are falling apart.

Im sure one day we will establish ourselves. The atmosphere in the Canton is something else. Dont know if its possible but if we expand id like to see that extended upwards in one big bank rather than an extra tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The stadium looks fantastic when full as well.
    Yes it definitely does. Conversely, it looks very poor when it's half-full.

I can't make the Watford game due to my better 'arfs birthday. It would be the first home game I've missed since Brum in the 16/17 season.

Imagine if we had a few seasons in the Premier League under our belt, playing exciting, attractive football and looking to buy some of the better players in Europe. Imagine also if we had had a season like Leicester did when they won the title. This club could easily hit the 40k mark.

In this world where there are no longer problems (as they have been re-branded as issues) attendance figures no longer relate to attendances. End of moan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Imagine if we had a few seasons in the Premier League under our belt, playing exciting, attractive football and looking to buy some of the better players in Europe. Imagine also if we had had a season like Leicester did when they won the title. This club could easily hit the 40k mark.
    We are already getting similar crowds as Leicester, I reckon if we won the Premier League and then challenging the Top 6 we would be looking at 60k crowds rather than 40k. We have a catchment area of 1.5m,not including all the Jacks who would transfer their allegiance, we are the sixth biggest city in the league and the Capital of Wales!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    In this world where there are no longer problems (as they have been re-branded as issues) attendance figures no longer relate to attendances. End of moan.

It’s still a seat that’s paid for though

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45158878

This thread sounds horribly like planet swans messageboard a few years ago.
    Take every game as it comes dont start with the pie in the sky bullshit.

Some people won’t be happy with this sort of positivity

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post

I can't make the Watford game due to my better 'arfs birthday. It would be the first home game I've missed since Brum in the 16/17 season.
    That’s good going although I thought football was suspended then due to WW1😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    This thread sounds horribly like planet swans messageboard a few years ago.
    Take every game as it comes dont start with the pie in the sky bullshit.
    What on earth were you doing on a Swansea City messageboard ????

yeah that's right you eat that delicious pie the other bob wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    It’s still a seat that’s paid for though

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45158878
    But it's not attendance. is it?

Hasn't there been a thread previously showing how the stadium would look if they ever further expanded it ? The initial expansion didn't follow the plans that were in place, and subsequently expanding the stadium would result in it looking really strange now would't it ?

Why cant you make the game , its only a birthday?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Hasn't there been a thread previously showing how the stadium would look if they ever further expanded it ? The initial expansion didn't follow the plans that were in place, and subsequently expanding the stadium would result in it looking really strange now would't it ?
    No, I dont think it would look odd. The upper ninian would first be carried around at each end (Canton and Grange) so that three sides would be the same and then a new tier would be added on top of the main stand, so that the roof would be at the same height all round. If I remember correctly, the two ends would add about 4000 seats each, taking it up to a capacity of around 40000, before the main stand is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Why cant you make the game , its only a birthday?
    But its her 18th

International

I think that's very inconsiderate. Can't she move her birthday to June or something, when there's nothing important happening.
    If the queen can do it, so can she shirley?

At the level we are the ground is just about right and that much derided Stand will have brought a significant sum of money into the club this season. Probably about £2m

Paid off a big chunk of its cost and every year we are up it’ll pay more.

Selling out for the big clubs and getting within 1-2000 for most others suggests we are pretty much at a balance

As for further expansion, I wouldn’t say that is necessary until we are turning fans away week in, week out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    At the level we are the ground is just about right and that much derided Stand will have brought a significant sum of money into the club this season. Probably about £2m

Paid off a big chunk of its cost and every year we are up it’ll pay more.

Selling out for the big clubs and getting within 1-2000 for most others suggests we are pretty much at a balance

As for further expansion, I wouldn’t say that is necessary until we are turning fans away week in, week out.
    I've got a flex ticket as I can't get to many games. Haven't been able to get tickets for the top 6 games and only just managed to get last ticket in grandstand for WHAM yesterday.
    As posters above have said, our attendances could be at a level where expansion is needed, if we can stay in Premier for a couple of years.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    And there was me thinking they were "opportunities"

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I've got a flex ticket as I can't get to many games. Haven't been able to get tickets for the top 6 games and only just managed to get last ticket in grandstand for WHAM yesterday.
    As posters above have said, our attendances could be at a level where expansion is needed, if we can stay in Premier for a couple of years.
    I’m surprised at that.
    Didn’t think Spurs and Arsenal sold out that quickly.
    Chelsea hasn’t sold out yet, so that one must be on the cards for you.

I’m surprised at that.
    Didn’t think Spurs and Arsenal sold out that quickly.
    Chelsea hasn’t sold out yet, so that one must be on the cards for you.
    Also, before we go bigger then maybe a resale system for season tickets could be tried, so that we can fill what we’ve got.

Also, before we go bigger then maybe a resale system for season tickets could be tried, so that we can fill what we’ve got.
    We had that last time we were in the prem. Not sure if anyone ever saw anything back from the club though?