+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Man V Fat

Man V Fat

Re: Man V Fat

This seems like a great idea

I'm just curious as I enjoyed playing sport as a youngster and obviously packed on the pounds over the past 20 odd years

As a 6" 44 year old weighing just over 19st I can't see myself playing with similar aged fit blokes who'll run rings around me ....... I hate the gym with a passion but enjoy going for long walks with my partner. Always wanted to get back into Footy - So why not lose weight whilst playing a sport i've always enjoyed but as previously stated don't want to make a fool of myself.

Such a great idea

I wonder at what point you deem to have lost "too much" fat and can't play anymore

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    I'm just curious as I enjoyed playing sport as a youngster and obviously packed on the pounds over the past 20 odd years

As a 6" 44 year old weighing just over 19st I can't see myself playing with similar aged fit blokes who'll run rings around me ....... I hate the gym with a passion but enjoy going for long walks with my partner. Always wanted to get back into Footy - So why not lose weight whilst playing a sport i've always enjoyed but as previously stated don't want to make a fool of myself.
    A six inch 44 year old weighing over 19 stone, f*ck me you must be the fattest Tom Thumb ever😱😱😱😱👍👍👍😂😂

I don’t think you’d make a fool of yourself, everyone who’s doing this will be doing it to make themselves healthier so I doubt there’ll be any judging going on.

im not going in on a 50/50 with meeky

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A six inch 44 year old weighing over 19 stone, f*ck me you must be the fattest Tom Thumb ever������������������

You should be careful playing any kind of contact sport at 44. One little injury could disrupt your life drastically. Tear and ACL/MCL etc for example and you'd require surgery and months of PT. If you want to lose weight, the most effective way is to change your diet.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You should be careful playing any kind of contact sport at 44. One little injury could disrupt your life drastically. Tear and ACL/MCL etc for example and you'd require surgery and months of PT. If you want to lose weight, the most effective way is to change your diet.
    Kin’ell he’s even negative about 40 year old fat people playing football

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Neville Southall would be horrified😱

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    to be fair, i dont think he is tall enough to have a tearable ACL / MCL, he should be ok

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    i ruptured my quad tendon playing football last summer.

i was 52 years of age, overweight and almost lost the ability to walk.

NYC has a point

I can't ever play again, i walk now with a bit of a limp and a clicky knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

NYC has a point

I was just busting his balls as he’s known as mr negative on here

Well there goes my DREAM of making a professional come back at the age of 44

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

NYC has a point

Little known fact, we used to play on the same Sunday night at Talybont but I thought it'd be weird to come over and say hello