+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Brazier dies aged 42

Matt Brazier dies aged 42

Re: Matt Brazier dies aged 42

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    There was a friend of his, who, if I remember, posted on here not so long ago. The friend gave details about the GoFundMe page they had set up.

I remember Matt Brazier well. He was a good, neat footballer, who liked to play football the right way.

So young. RIP Matt

Footballers are supposed to be "living the dream", but I can remember Matt Brazier having issues with depression during his playing days and now this to end his life at much too early an age.

I recall him scoring some fine goals during his time with us and thinking he had too much talent for the League Two equivalent we were playing in at the time.

RIP

That headline is a bit naughty though, deliberately so in my opinion. Why didn't they say "former cardiff City player" or "ex-Cardiff City player". I think we can all guess why...

R.I.P Matt. So sad at such a young age. One of my favourite players during his time here.

R.I.P Matt. Terrible news. Good player

One of the first players I remember for Cardiff.

RIP, gone way too young.

rip bluebird...

Very sad news. I met Matt several times while he was a City player and he always seemed like a genuinely decent person. Decent player too.

Always seemed a bit too nice, neat little footballer though. RIP Bluebird

He was a Tidy player-Fullback if memory serves correctly-I can recall him having a very good first touch and a decent cross on him. At the time i thought he would go on to play at a higher level, We had a couple of players like that during that era, Danny Hill and Jason Fowler, obvious ability and vision but didn't make that step up.

My son had his (Brazier) name on his shirt, probably still have it here somewhere, sad news.

RIP Matt - a decent player who was comfortable on the ball

That’s grim. Having to try and fund treatment in Turkey should not have been necessary. Could he not have been looked after in the UK? To pass away at such a young age is terrible.

Such a shame, he was good player for us back then. I lost my son aged 36 a month ago so I can imagine what his family are going though. All bad news so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Such a shame, he was good player for us back then. I lost my son aged 36 a month ago so I can imagine what his family are going though. All bad news so far this year.
    Condolences to you cardiff55, must have been very tough and no doubt still is. RIP to your lad.

Tragic, so sad & so young. RIP Matt

Thats awful, sorry for your loss. RIP both

A really good player for us back in the day, always seemed like a genuine guy. RIP Matt.

Shocked, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Condolences to you cardiff55, must have been very tough and no doubt still is. RIP to your lad.
    Seconded.

Very sad news.

Few feelings as a football fan are as good as signing a player and immediately thinking "whats he doing here, hes too good for us."

About a dozen or so city players have given me that feeling and i can honestly say matt brazier was one of them. I remember the excitement when he signed permanently for us as i just thought we'd enjoy the loan spell and he'd be gone. Was a real buzz when he came back. Seemed a good guy also.

I'm shocked and saddened by that news. RIP Matt.

Sorry to hear about your awful loss. My sincere condolences to you and your family

I can't imagine what you have had to go through. No parent should have to go through this. All the very best.