+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock Fears

Warnock Fears

Re: Warnock Fears

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    A story that seems to have been doing the rounds for a few days. Whilst anything is possible, I would be very surprised especially after last Saturday evening. Although he was clearly emotional after the match, I have a feeling that it would have whetted his appetite for the rest of the season.

Hadn't noticed this had been speculated on before so apologies for that.

Considering the whole reason City were signing Sala was to avoid relegation I don't see Warnock walking away at this point of the season. The best way to honour Emiliano's memory is to fight til the end.

After this season in the summer? That's a different story. But for now I think he's staying.

I have no doubt that come the end of the season he will be considering his future at the club, however, he has unfinished business in his career, and that is keeping a team up in the Prem. I think before he makes any considered decision, he'll wait to see the outcome of the remaining 13 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    I have no doubt that come the end of the season he will be considering his future at the club, however, he has unfinished business in his career, and that is keeping a team up in the Prem. I think before he makes any considered decision, he'll wait to see the outcome of the remaining 13 games.
    If we stay up it is his greatest achievement so he isn’t going to walk away now! But as I have stated in other threads , I think he will go in the summer, recent events have taken their toll and the desire to do another season regardless of division isn’t there any more ....I could be wrong ?

He looked a wreck in the press conference before the Arsenal game - clearly drained emotionally and very tired.

However, by the time of the pre-Bournemouth press conference he looked to be back in the saddle with a vengeance. He looked calm, determined, ready for the fight and completely in control.

I would be very surprised if he walked away before the summer - and slightly surprised if he went then. I think he has another year in him whatever league we are in next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    This website crashes my Google Chrome every time I open it (so don't open it!) anyone know why?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    This website crashes my Google Chrome every time I open it (so don't open it!) anyone know why?
    Dont worry Des . It isn't worth reading , speculation without foundation. I am sure he has had some soul searching moments . I agree with Jon he looks ready for the coming months.

He’s a 70 year old man that has gone through a very tough time, I think he will retire at the end of the season, but not before. After the issues we’ve had, I wouldn’t blame him.

Not a chance. Warnock may be many things but he’s not a quitter.

The cynic in me wonders whether he has ever walked away from a contract thus surrendering the amount owing to him for the remainder of the contract period. Or am I being uncharitable ?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    The cynic in me wonders whether he has ever walked away from a contract thus surrendering the amount owing to him for the remainder of the contract period. Or am I being uncharitable ?
    i think the comment is irrelevant. He could walk now and ask for nothing and I think the club would still give him whatever his contract is worth.
    He earned all that and more last may!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    hes not short of a few bob ,and I think if he asked to go the club would pay him up in full , I think he also genuinely likes the club

It's February. We have 13 games left and there is still a job to be done. There is NO WAY Warnock walks away from that.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's that clarified then, the Bournemouth win will have fired him up all over again

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not a chance. Warnock may be many things but he’s not a quitter.
    Agreed. He's also spoken about wanting to do right by Sala, and to do him proud. He's going to want to see it through. I think it's pretty certain he'll leave in the summer but I hope (as I'm sure we all do), he can leave after keeping us up and can ride off into the sunset as a hero.

There you go lads and lasses that told you!

https://twitter.com/StevieDE83/statu...595683334?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    There you go lads and lasses that told you!

https://twitter.com/StevieDE83/statu...595683334?s=19
    Very eloquently put but I don't think anybody on here really thought he was going.

'Geographic Restriction This content is not available in your location'.

What does it say?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    'Geographic Restriction This content is not available in your location'.

What does it say?
    Warnock #1 in EPL Managerial "Power Rankings".