+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: Newport 2 - 0 Middlesbrough

Re: FT: Newport 2 - 0 Middlesbrough

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Let's hope Cewnty rub those prima donna Citeh noses in the mud at Rodney Parade
    Bet they don't concede 9 (or even 7).

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Well done County. I still do not understand the love-in though. They were big rivals back in the day and their fans were *****.
    Back in the day?? When you do you mean?There was certainly no rivalry between City and Cewnty in the mid 70s when my dad used to take me down occasionally when City were playing away.

Well done County. I still do not understand the love-in though. They were big rivals back in the day and their fans were *****.
    I completely agree, I know they’ve been 10+divisions below us forever,but their fans in the 80s were horrible f****rs who regularly caused far more trouble than the jacks, and they hate us!

Happy to say ‘fair play’ but I’m not sure I really mean it TBH.....;-)

Oh and every decent Cewnty fan I hve come across has always enjoyed a bit of friendly banter, apart from one moronic chavvie type I used to work with. He loved to tell me how a Cewnty football supporting female sparked out a certain aTHuR who used to rite BuCks about Cardiff sEttEe hOly guns, at a Cewnty v City match in the 90s....zzzzzzz...yawn....yawn...

Agree.

I used to work in Newport, for about 12 years in fact. The Newport lads I worked with were great - their football club's fans were *****!

And so, this thread slowly moves off in the same direction every one about County on here does - I'll take my leave from it, but not before saying that, yet again, County put us to shame with their attitude to the FA Cup, a great reward for them in the next round after a fine performance and a brilliant second goal.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And so, this thread slowly moves off in the same direction every one about County on here does - I'll take my leave from it, but not before saying that, yet again, County put us to shame with their attitude to the FA Cup, a great reward for them in the next round after a fine performance and a brilliant second goal.
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Spot on
    Also agree, cracking cup tie which County thoroughly deserved their win. The money gained from playing Man City live on TV will help which all has to be good for Welsh football in general terms. Would also like to see Wrexham return to the league and Merthyr continue their climb back up the league structure. It's not a particular love in and would always want us to thrash all of them if we,re playing them but good for the game in Wales in general ( this however does not and never will, apply to the Jacks )

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Also agree, cracking cup tie which County thoroughly deserved their win. The money gained from playing Man City live on TV will help which all has to be good for Welsh football in general terms. Would also like to see Wrexham return to the league and Merthyr continue their climb back up the league structure. It's not a particular love in and would always want us to thrash all of them if we,re playing them but good for the game in Wales in general ( this however does not and never will, apply to the Jacks )
    According to some reports the club are set to make £1,580,000 (Complete FA Cup run) after the Man City game ...... Fantastic for them

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    This.

Well done County! Chuffed.

5th round. Fair play to them.

Need to pull their finger's out in the league though. No excuses if they can put in performances like that.
    Agreed. Since the draw was made for the 3rd round of the FA cup and they discovered they were playing Leicester, their league form is as follows:

W 1 D 2 L 6. 5 points from 9 games. It is the worst form since December in the whole division. They're on 40 points at the moment and they are surely safe from relegation, but have little to no chance of making the playoffs. They've got some tough games this month. Another poor month with only a point or two being picked up will make arses a little twitchy there for the end of the season. The longer the poor form continues, the harder it is to get out of it.

They've managed 7 goals in 9 league games, yet 5 in 3 FA cup games against teams at least two divisions above them.