+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theory

Theory

If this is right someone has got a lot of explaining to do
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8764461.html

Re: Theory

Jesus. What a cluster****. I'm guessing people get away with this all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    If this is right someone has got a lot of explaining to do
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8764461.html
    Spatial disorientation is awful, I’ve only ever experienced it while diving and having no visual reference. It can feel like you’re going up when you’re going down and vice versa, it’s even given me vertigo.

You just have to trust your gauges and know how to get yourself out of it.

They didn't mention the request to descend from 5,000ft to 2,300ft prior to crash. Would that reason have been reported to Jersey Air Traffic Control? The spatial awareness theory has being doing the rounds on PPRUNE since day one, as has the instrument rating question.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    They didn't mention the request to descend from 5,000ft to 2,300ft prior to crash. Would that reason have been reported to Jersey Air Traffic Control? The spatial awareness theory has being doing the rounds on PPRUNE since day one, as has the instrument rating question.
    Thank god the AAIB have logged on to ccmb to explain it to us laymen.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Thank god the AAIB have logged on to ccmb to explain it to us laymen.
    I'm just making the point that there is nothing new in that article, and there is still one big question that so far hasn't been answered, and it could possibly reveal if there were any operational problems affecting the plane and/or pilot.

So have you come here to ruin another thread by not sticking to the topic and acting like a jerk again?

International

I'm just making the point that there is nothing new in that article, and there is still one big question that so far hasn't been answered, and it could possibly reveal if there were any operational problems affecting the plane and/or pilot.

So have you come here to ruin another thread by not sticking to the topic and acting like a jerk again?
    I'm sure you'll find the answer to that big question. But why is questioning your omnipotence "ruining another thread"? Because someone dares to question your greater knowledge and judgement?

just asking. I'm curious?

International

Naw, forget this, it's not worth the hassle.

Enjoy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I'm sure you'll find the answer to that big question. But why is questioning your omnipotence "ruining another thread"? Because someone dares to question your greater knowledge and judgement?

just asking. I'm curious?
    What does it add to the discussion? If he doesn't agree with the points being made then he should refute them and come up with something better. As a general rule if people can't stick to the topic then it's best to STFU. I don't understand the constant need to derail threads on such a regular basis.

International

What does it add to the discussion? If he doesn't agree with the points being made then he should refute them and come up with something better. As a general rule if people can't stick to the topic then it's best to STFU. I don't understand the constant need to derail threads on such a regular basis.
    You clearly either didn't bother to read my last post or chose to ignore it, perhaps to continue the bickering, which of course will derail the thread, for which you can then blame someone else.
    Not everyone's comments on every thread add to it, they are just comments, peoples' thoughts. This is just a message board, not a debating chamber.

As I already said, forget it, it isn't worth the hassle.

You clearly either didn't bother to read my last post or chose to ignore it, perhaps to continue the bickering, which of course will derail the thread, for which you can then blame someone else.
    Not everyone's comments on every thread add to it, they are just comments, peoples' thoughts. This is just a message board, not a debating chamber.

As I already said, forget it, it isn't worth the hassle.
    It's very clear what this thread is about. The title says Theory, and it contains a link to a news article discussing this theory. Now you two have come in here, and haven't even mentioned a single word regarding the content of the article, your only interest has been in wrecking this thread for no apparent reason.

International

It's very clear what this thread is about. The title says Theory, and it contains a link to a news article discussing this theory. Now you two have come in here, and haven't even mentioned a single word regarding the content of the article, your only interest has been in wrecking this thread for no apparent reason.
    Nope. Can't stop can you?

Nope. Can't stop can you?
    I'm just pointing out the fact that the sole purpose of you being in this thread is to cause a disruption. You have no interest in the topic at all.

I'm just pointing out the fact that the sole purpose of you being in this thread is to cause a disruption. You have no interest in the topic at all.
    That’s not how I interpret his intentions at all - but we’re all different I guess. I do however find your apparent (and persistent) need to focus on the ‘who might be to blame’ element of this very sad situation a little nauseous.

Appreciate you may feel the need to want to stimulate that debate and maybe more fool me for reading the thread (but that’s why I come on here, so not reading it would be counter intuitive) but what exactly are your motives? You seem to have some unfortunate fascination which I personally find distasteful.

I think this is probably the best quote in the article - "As in any investigation we can only speculate on what has been published until there’s official information..."

JFK junior in 1999 suffered the same fate, similar plane as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F...r._plane_crash

What amazes me is that over two weeks after the tragic loss .... no one can definitively say whether the pilot was qualified with an IMC rating.
    Being able to fly Instrument Metrological Conditions means qualified to fly in bad visibility ... ie Clouds Fog Mist Snow etc...
    As a former PPL holder I could have a good shot at flying a plane VFR (Visual Flight Rules) in clear skies even now. But I could not fly IMC because it is bloody difficult.
    If you have a VFR licence and fly into cloud you are trained to turn slowly through 180 degrees and fly out into clear skies.
    One obvious reason for asking to descend is bad visibility ie cloud.

I suspect the AAIB cannot establish whether the pilot was properly IMC rated.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    What amazes me is that over two weeks after the tragic loss .... no one can definitively say whether the pilot was qualified with an IMC rating.
    Being able to fly Instrument Metrological Conditions means qualified to fly in bad visibility ... ie Clouds Fog Mist Snow etc...
    As a former PPL holder I could have a good shot at flying a plane VFR (Visual Flight Rules) in clear skies even now. But I could not fly IMC because it is bloody difficult.
    If you have a VFR licence and fly into cloud you are trained to turn slowly through 180 degrees and fly out into clear skies.

I suspect that they probably can, but will not publish anything until they've finished their investigation.

It was pitch black so there must have been zero visibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    It was pitch black so there must have been zero visibility.
    Not true actually.
    At night flying VFR in clear skies with a night rating you can see the South coast of England from the Channel Islands at 5,000 feet and both major shipping lanes traffic ahead or beneath you.
    If the weather was bad then it may well have been zero visibility and a non IMC pilot … someone unqualified for the conditions …. should not have been flying at all, let alone with a passenger. AJMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    That’s not how I interpret his intentions at all - but we’re all different I guess. I do however find your apparent (and persistent) need to focus on the ‘who might be to blame’ element of this very sad situation a little nauseous.

Appreciate you may feel the need to want to stimulate that debate and maybe more fool me for reading the thread (but that’s why I come on here, so not reading it would be counter intuitive) but what exactly are your motives? You seem to have some unfortunate fascination which I personally find distasteful.
    Whatever the topic, there is absolutely no reason to turn a thread into a personal attack on a contribtributor, by making snidey remarks that have nothing to do with the discussion at hand. I have been respectful in my postings, and I have tried to keep to the facts without making any wild speculation, as have many others.

This has been the top news story worldwide for a number of weeks, and many details about the flight are already in the public domain. Millions of people want to know what happened as they try to understand what went wrong during this senseless tradegy.

It is my opinion that this flight should never have taken place at night during the middle of winter, and just to correct your statement, I don't view events as ‘who might be to blame’, but rather as ‘what might be to blame’.

International

Whatever the topic, there is absolutely no reason to turn a thread into a personal attack on a contribtributor, by making snidey remarks that have nothing to do with the discussion at hand. I have been respectful in my postings, and I have tried to keep to the facts without making any wild speculation, as have many others.

This has been the top news story worldwide for a number of weeks, and many details about the flight are already in the public domain. Millions of people want to know what happened as they try to understand what went wrong during this senseless tradegy.

It is my opinion that this flight should never have taken place at night during the middle of winter, and just to correct your statement, I don't view events as ‘who might be to blame’, but rather as ‘what might be to blame’.
    Well that's OK then. I'm glad we've cleared that up!

Sorry pal - it wasn’t intended as a personal attack, merely a true expression of how your posts have made me feel as this thing has unfolded

Not true actually.
    At night flying VFR in clear skies with a night rating you can see the South coast of England from the Channel Islands at 5,000 feet and both major shipping lanes traffic ahead or beneath you.
    If the weather was bad then it may well have been zero visibility and a non IMC pilot … someone unqualified for the conditions …. should not have been flying at all, let alone with a passenger. AJMHO.
    Out of interest can you see the sea at 5000 ft in the pitch black with VFR even in clear skies.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Sorry pal - it wasn’t intended as a personal attack, merely a true expression of how your posts have made me feel as this thing has unfolded
    I wasn't referring to you, it was about those comments further up the thread.

People are different. For example, there are some who think the mourning of strangers is rediculous, and they have no problem making their thoughts clear in threads where people are actively expressing their grief. I am not one of them. I am saddened by the loss of Sala, and I fully supported all of the tributes.

Regarding events surrounding the accident, I view it as a separate matter. I feel a sense of quiet anger that Sala lost his life in what appears to be preventable circumstances. Like many, I have followed events closely trying to understand what happened. There have been specific discussions on here regarding the cause of the accident, and I have only contributed what I believe to be true, so that others can get a better understanding of what happened that night.