+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Premier voting on scrapping £30 cap on away ticjets.

Premier voting on scrapping £30 cap on away ticjets.

Now Scudamore is gone you know what that means...greedy *****

Re: Premier voting on scrapping £30 cap on away ticjets.

Might vote to drop it to £20

Good news for Leeds if they get promoted

Stupid decision, for a bit of short term cash. If anything they should be making them cheaper.
    When you have more away fans turn up, it spurs the home fans into life and you get a much better atmosphere.
    That atmosphere is a big part of the reason the PL is able to sell its product to so many countries, it just seems more exciting (also the grass colour is more vibrant?!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Stupid decision, for a bit of short term cash. If anything they should be making them cheaper.
    When you have more away fans turn up, it spurs the home fans into life and you get a much better atmosphere.
    That atmosphere is a big part of the reason the PL is able to sell its product to so many countries, it just seems more exciting (also the grass colour is more vibrant?!)
    The greed of the top 6 knows no bounds. They'll continue to take as much from the game until they've milked it dry.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Now Scudamore is gone you know what that means...greedy *****

This is on the agenda for the Premier League fans network meeting tomorrow evening , which I am attending.

I thought I just read that they’d voted to keep it

I can't wait for the bubble to burst

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I can't wait for the bubble to burst
    People keep saying the bubble will burst and it never does. It defies all logic as it definitely should but it won't.

This is a fairly interesting article on TV and ticket costs
    https://www.football365.com/news/the...on-tv-part-one

Read that yesterday, Nicholson is a great writer. It’s definitely worth a read

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    People keep saying the bubble will burst and it never does. It defies all logic as it definitely should but it won't.
    Tottenham are now three quarters of a billion pounds in debt, albeit with much increased matchday income streams. I doubt they were £500k in debt - if any - in 1992..

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They said the music bubble wouldn't burst either, but it did. Ditto scheduled TV, young people hardly watch it. All it takes is a change in society, or for something new to come along that takes the youngsters in a new direction. A big part of football is the parent/child relationship that hooks in a steady stream of new fans. In the future, something as simple as perceived value for money may cause new parents to break this cycle. All I know is football isn't the same value proposition that it once was.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Tottenham are now three quarters of a billion pounds in debt, albeit with much increased matchday income streams. I doubt they were £500k in debt - if any - in 1992..
    Their assets and income are incomparable to 1992 though

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Doesn’t it cost them £1 million per game at Wembley, crowds down as well, less than 30,000 against Watford recently apparently.

They should standardise it across the board for away fans.

Even the current system is abused by some clubs. In order to screw what they can out of you, some clubs .. West Ham are one , charge almost £30 for kids as well.

Make it £30 adults £20 under 23s and over 60s and £15 for kids - max all round

£30 a ticket is steep on top of normal travel costs already so raising it rather than dropping would be a big mistake. Clubs cannot continue to get 30,000 plus people coming into the ground week after week if fans become just customers.

If anything away fans should be paying the least. Nothing bucks the home fans up more than a decent away following. Saying that buses, trains, food & beer should be free as well 🍺🍺🍺🍺🤪🤪🤪🤪

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I thought I just read that they’d voted to keep it
    They have.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...-for-away-fans

First Team

That is good news. How about the same for the home supporters and fill what seems to be an ever increasing number of empty seats at Premiership grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    That is good news. How about the same for the home supporters and fill what seems to be an ever increasing number of empty seats at Premiership grounds.
    Article on that above I believe posted by City123, it seems as though the tickets are being sold but people aren't bothering to turn up. I think the PL has something like a 97% attendance (based on ticket sales).

I agree, it would be great but it isn't going to happen in the current climate.