+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nantes DEMAND Sala Transfer fee

Re: Nantes DEMAND Sala Transfer fee

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Interesting to note which media outlet first revealed this story yesterday.
    The times today says

"Cardiff are believed to have obtained insurance for Sala on completing his signing before confirming their liability for the transfer fee by lodging his registration with the FA of Wales on January 21, the day of his flight. The club have an insurance policy of £16 million per player, which would cover the fee for their record signing, but not all of his £2.5 million salary over three and a half years, some of which is likely to be paid to his family. Bordeaux are entitled to a 50 per cent cut of the fee because Sala was on their books from 2012 to 2015, but the club have denied reports that they have asked Nantes for the money."

There is also liability for the agent's fee. That would go down badly if the people who organised the flight were entitled to anything. I can well understand the club not paying the agent until the results of the various investigations are known but if Sala was 100% our player then we are liable to pay Nantes even though the request is somewhat unseemly at this difficult time. The other outstanding issue - namely Sala's wages - has now been clarified. It would appear we are liable for Sala's salary even though that does seem bizarre in the circumstances. I am afraid the lawyers are going to have a field day and as usual they will be the biggest winner in this tragic episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It was a private flight, so I am not sure if the insurance would cover corporate business transactions.
    Surely if the plane transports people the company must have some type of Public Liability Insurance !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Surely if the plane transports people the company must have some type of Public Liability Insurance !!!!
    The liability will be to the estate of the deceased, not his employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    There is also liability for the agent's fee. That would go down badly if the people who organised the flight were entitled to anything. I can well understand the club not paying the agent until the results of the various investigations are known but if Sala was 100% our player then we are liable to pay Nantes even though the request is somewhat unseemly at this difficult time. The other outstanding issue - namely Sala's wages - has now been clarified. It would appear we are liable for Sala's salary even though that does seem bizarre in the circumstances. I am afraid the lawyers are going to have a field day and as usual they will be the biggest winner in this tragic episode.
    Has that really been clarified? There are so many 'news reports' out there that contradict each other (and The Times is no more reliable than many others) and speculate everything from no salary liability through to an estimated £30m total cost for the transfer of which only £16m is covered by Cardiff's player insurance. I hope the club come out and make a statement on the situation at a time that is appropriate and when there has been some closure for the families. Otherwise guesswork will continue to pose as fact.

I know some people don't want to see any discussion of these issues yet, and think it is disrespectful. I feel a bit of that too, but the stories are all over the newsfeeds and it is impossible to avoid. The initial shock has passed for many, and we are left with sadness and anger at wasted lives, and deep sympathy for the families - but we are also fans and want to know if this tragedy has financially crippled the club (budgets and FFP compliance). I want the club to continue to show respect and restraint, but sometime soon I also want to know the legal and financial facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    The liability will be to the estate of the deceased, not his employer.
    No i'm talking about the Company that OWNS and operates the plane should have Public liability insurance

Will all insurances be null and void if its proven the pilot was flying without the right licenses?

No i'm talking about the Company that OWNS and operates the plane should have Public liability insurance
    Yes, but the liability of the insurnace company will be to the family of the deceased, not his employer. In other words, they have no reason to pay Cardiff City, only his estate.

My employer would not get a payout from insurance if I was on a plane at it went down. We are only employees, and are replacable.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Yes, but the liability of the insurnace company will be to the family of the deceased, not his employer. In other words, they have no reason to pay Cardiff City, only his estate.

My employer would not get a payout from insurance if I was on a plane at it went down. We are only employees, and are replacable.
    Sorry misread your reply

Sorry misread your reply

There are so many ways that the insurance aspect of this tradegy could unravel, that I would't blame F.C. Nante if they are trying to get in early and claim their payment. Likewise, I wouldn't blame CCFC for witholding payment until they have assessed the legal implications.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Wild guess, but probably via an agent who’s slavering over his cut
    Surely only some lowlife pondlife would put this out there, so very likely an agent....

There are so many ways that the insurance aspect of this tradegy could unravel, that I would't blame F.C. Nante if they are trying to get in early and claim their payment. Likewise, I wouldn't blame CCFC for witholding payment until they have assessed the legal implications.
    You’re wasted on here. You should be sorting out Brexit and Global poverty.
    Are you a taxi driver or barber by any chance 😂

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Are you a taxi driver or barber by any chance ��

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Are you a taxi driver or barber by any chance ��
    Totally off-topic and irrelevant comment.

Obviously the numbers don't add up and somebody is going to lose out, and we may well find ourselves without a chair when the music stops, or do you see things otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post

Let’s be fair you’re a expert in well EVERYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Let’s be fair you’re a expert in well EVERYTHING
    Totally off-topic and irrelevant comment. It's people like you who are screwing up this message board.

I hope the below questions are not too offensive.

Now that the body has been identified as Emiliano Sala will the club now go ahead and release the first payment to FC Nantes?

Do you think the insurance company will pay out City now that Emiliano's body has been found?

I hope the below questions are not too offensive.

Now that the body has been identified as Emiliano Sala will the club now go ahead and release the first payment to FC Nantes?

Do you think the insurance company will pay out City now that Emiliano's body has been found?
    Did he die the day before he was our player? If so was he legally still a Nantes player. So insensitive I know but these things wil need to be talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Did he die the day before he was our player? If so was he legally still a Nantes player. So insensitive I know but these things wil need to be talked about.
    Its my understanding that he signed for us on the Saturday, papers were submitted on the Monday the day he went missing, so according to the papers he was a Cardiff City player

Its my understanding that he signed for us on the Saturday, papers were submitted on the Monday the day he went missing, so according to the papers he was a Cardiff City player
    A very insensitive topic indeed, but it will have to be answered at some point. All I know from a commercial law module I took at university, is you sign a contract setting out the terms and conditions for the delivery of goods or services, and if those conditions are not met then the contract will be null and void, and compensation may be sought. Put simply, it all depends on what was in the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Surely only some lowlife pondlife would put this out there, so very likely an agent....
    Today’s Telegraph Sport has a very good article about the whole issue by Oliver Brown
    To quote two passages.......

‘ Neil Warnock, who has been an eloquent unifying voice for Cardiff through a profoundly difficult period, argues that the outpouring over Sala presents the sport at its best. He has pointedly thanked Nantes for their compassionate response in the immediate aftermath. But this is the same Nantes who, as a body bag is lifted from the waters, have deemed it an appropriate moment to knock on Cardiff,s door’

‘ The football family comes together at times like these says the head of Cardiff,s supporters trust. It is a naive view. For behind the prayers and the vigils,the scarfs and the No9 shirts, lies a webof boundless cynicism. For all the talk of class and respect, football can, as Nantes latest actions prove,be a quite startlingly classless enterprise’

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Today’s Telegraph Sport has a very good article about the whole issue by Oliver Brown
    To quote two passages.......

‘ Neil Warnock, who has been an eloquent unifying voice for Cardiff through a profoundly difficult period, argues that the outpouring over Sala presents the sport at its best. He has pointedly thanked Nantes for their compassionate response in the immediate aftermath. But this is the same Nantes who, as a body bag is lifted from the waters, have deemed it an appropriate moment to knock on Cardiff,s door’

‘ The football family comes together at times like these says the head of Cardiff,s supporters trust. It is a naive view. For behind the prayers and the vigils,the scarfs and the No9 shirts, lies a webof boundless cynicism. For all the talk of class and respect, football can, as Nantes latest actions prove,be a quite startlingly classless enterprise’
    As I am referred to in the article , I think it sensible to clarify what I said.

Firstly , I have never given an interview to the Telegraph , so they must have lifted an edited version from some other media coverage.

Secondly , in all the interviews I have given , I have made it quite clear that reference to the "football family" was primarily to football fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    As I am referred to in the article , I think it sensible to clarify what I said.

Firstly , I have never given an interview to the Telegraph , so they must have lifted an edited version from some other media coverage.

Secondly , in all the interviews I have given , I have made it quite clear that reference to the "football family" was primarily to football fans.
    I’m just extracting from the article. He might be quoting Tim Hartley,s commentson the Trust website.
    The point is that Nantes action is hardly appropriate at this time