+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nantes DEMAND Sala Transfer fee

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Nantes DEMAND Sala Transfer fee

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Surely only some lowlife pondlife would put this out there, so very likely an agent....
    Today’s Telegraph Sport has a very good article about the whole issue by Oliver Brown
    To quote two passages.......

‘ Neil Warnock, who has been an eloquent unifying voice for Cardiff through a profoundly difficult period, argues that the outpouring over Sala presents the sport at its best. He has pointedly thanked Nantes for their compassionate response in the immediate aftermath. But this is the same Nantes who, as a body bag is lifted from the waters, have deemed it an appropriate moment to knock on Cardiff,s door’

‘ The football family comes together at times like these says the head of Cardiff,s supporters trust. It is a naive view. For behind the prayers and the vigils,the scarfs and the No9 shirts, lies a webof boundless cynicism. For all the talk of class and respect, football can, as Nantes latest actions prove,be a quite startlingly classless enterprise’

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Today’s Telegraph Sport has a very good article about the whole issue by Oliver Brown
    To quote two passages.......

‘ Neil Warnock, who has been an eloquent unifying voice for Cardiff through a profoundly difficult period, argues that the outpouring over Sala presents the sport at its best. He has pointedly thanked Nantes for their compassionate response in the immediate aftermath. But this is the same Nantes who, as a body bag is lifted from the waters, have deemed it an appropriate moment to knock on Cardiff,s door’

‘ The football family comes together at times like these says the head of Cardiff,s supporters trust. It is a naive view. For behind the prayers and the vigils,the scarfs and the No9 shirts, lies a webof boundless cynicism. For all the talk of class and respect, football can, as Nantes latest actions prove,be a quite startlingly classless enterprise’
    As I am referred to in the article , I think it sensible to clarify what I said.

Firstly , I have never given an interview to the Telegraph , so they must have lifted an edited version from some other media coverage.

Secondly , in all the interviews I have given , I have made it quite clear that reference to the "football family" was primarily to football fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    As I am referred to in the article , I think it sensible to clarify what I said.

Firstly , I have never given an interview to the Telegraph , so they must have lifted an edited version from some other media coverage.

Secondly , in all the interviews I have given , I have made it quite clear that reference to the "football family" was primarily to football fans.
    I’m just extracting from the article. He might be quoting Tim Hartley,s commentson the Trust website.
    The point is that Nantes action is hardly appropriate at this time

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I’m just extracting from the article. He might be quoting Tim Hartley,s commentson the Trust website.
    The point is that Nantes action is hardly appropriate at this time

I appreciate that you are just quoting from the article. That article refers to "head of Cardiff Supporters Trust" and I have not given an interview to the Telegraph so they have misquoted me.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    I appreciate that you are just quoting from the article. That article refers to "head of Cardiff Supporters Trust" and I have not given an interview to the Telegraph so they have misquoted me.

Keith
    Sorry , have just seen Tim`s article on the Trust website which he wrote as a Trust board member (he was previously Chair of the Trust before me) which he wrote on 23 January quoting some examples of support messages we had received from other Supporters Trusts and fan groups in those initial days.