+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FT: SOUTHAMPTON 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: SOUTHAMPTON 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Still two MASSIVE home games coming up ........ Watford & Everton

The next game is going to be very difficult. I think we have been riding an emotional roller coaster and may come down to earth with a bump.
    Hopefully I am overly pessimistic.

I've no idea how many City away games I've been to but it's at least 500+. I've never been so physically & emotionally drained after an away game. We were in the 5th row on the 6 yard box, Sol celebrated his goal directly in front of us. So much raw emotion & passion, I thought he was going to explode.

Re: SOUTHAMPTON v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Opta stats

• Southampton have lost only one of their last 14 home matches against Cardiff in all competitions (W10 D3), although that defeat came in their last such meeting in April 2014 in the Premier League.
    • Cardiff have won two of their three Premier League games against Southampton (L1), only versus Fulham (3) have they won more in the competition.
    • Cardiff are looking to record three consecutive victories against Southampton in all competitions for the first time since March 1963.
    • Southampton are unbeaten in five Premier League games (W2 D3), last having a longer such run between April-August 2016 (7).
    • Southampton have both scored (11) and conceded (12) in each of their last seven home league games.
    • Following their win against Bournemouth last time out, Cardiff are looking to win consecutive top-flight matches for the first time since April 1962.
    • Cardiff are the lowest away scorers in the Premier League this season (7 goals), while only Fulham (2) have picked up fewer points on the road than the Bluebirds (W1 D2 L9).
    • Cardiff's last five away goals in the Premier League have come in the 80th minute or later, with three of them coming in the 90th minute.
    • Just one of Southampton's five Premier League wins this season have been against sides starting the day below them (3-1 vs Huddersfield). Indeed, their other four victories have been against sides starting the day in the top half of the table.
    • All five of Nathan Redmond's Premier League goal involvements for Southampton this season have come under Ralph Hasenhüttl, with 3 goals and 2 assists in 10 appearances (after none in 15 games before that this term).
    Meaningless stat.
    How many seasons have we played in the top flight since 1962??

Just had a peep on the Southampton board and one of their fans said it was their worst performance in over 50 years of watching

Just tickled me to think how it all plays out on message boards for clubs up-and-down the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Just had a peep on the Southampton board and one of their fans said it was their worst performance in over 50 years of watching

Just tickled me to think how it all plays out on message boards for clubs up-and-down the country.
    Southampton are obviously a far better team than I took them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Still two MASSIVE home games coming up ........ Watford & Everton
    When's the last time we played a league game that someone didn't describe as massive?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    When's the last time we played a league game that someone didn't describe as massive?
    Probably before we were born Bob.
    😊

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    April 1962

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Bacuna looked useful, nice to see Victor back too !

Well done City !
    Great shot from Bacuna yesterday. He can hit a ball

Ralls and Peltier were fantastic again yesterday. Pleased for both of them, particularly as I have been a big doubter/critic of Peltier. Well done that man.

Where can I watch Extended highlights from yesterday's match?