+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gold rings help and advice please.

Gold rings help and advice please.

My wife has some gold rings that she no longer wears. What is the best way to turn them into cash. Is it e Bay or a jewellers or what. Thanks in anticipation for your help ladies and gentlemen.

Re: Gold rings help and advice please.

Post them to this jewellery firm http://lois-bullion.com/ if you want the best price for the items.

Or post them to this bullion dealer https://www.hattongardenmetals.com/ for the second best price.

I think it's around £7 to post for up to £2,000 insurance cover.

Try googling - Lois Jewellery User Reviews or Hatton Garden Metals User Reviews for plenty of other people's opinions.

What if its Welsh gold ?

International

Then ask for the valuation in welsh???

(only joking )

Thanks so far, will expect some more hints before we decide, pretty sure they are not welsh gold. Should have said in my original thread that some have diamonds in them and some are just all gold.

You won't get anything for the stones inset in them.

If you're in no hurry to sell the jewellery and fancy an eye-opening insight into the sharks who prey on the unwary along High Streets, you may want to take the items into jewellers who buy scrap gold for price quotes to learn what cowboys they are. Ramsdens are arch-shysters who make Cash Converters appear saintly in comparison. For a laugh, also try Gold Reserves on the ground floor of Cardiff indoor market as that mob will insist they offer great value even when presented with incontrovertible evidence to the contrary, and they'll do so with a straight face.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    You won't get anything for the stones inset in them.

If you're in no hurry to sell the jewellery and fancy an eye-opening insight into the sharks who prey on the unwary along High Streets, you may want to take the items into jewellers who buy scrap gold for price quotes to learn what cowboys they are. Ramsdens are arch-shysters who make Cash Converters appear saintly in comparison. For a laugh, also try Gold Reserves on the ground floor of Cardiff indoor market as that mob will insist they offer great value even when presented with incontrovertible evidence to the contrary, and they'll do so with a straight face.
    Wow that is an eye opener thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    of the rings we have none of them are wedding rings but thanks for the post. What a great tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Wow that is an eye opener thanks.
    No commercial enterprise will give you the true current spot price for gold. The best you'll get is 4% under spot at Lois Jewellery, Hatton Garden Metals offer 6%-7% under. What most do is simply sell it on to a gold refiner for 1% under spot to pocket the vig, or if it's a saleable jewellery piece stick it in their window for double or more what they paid for it.

Harking back to Gold Reserves, I presented the female dragon who ran the joint with a 240 gram 9 carat gold chain a few years back a week after the Brexit vote. I knew Lois was paying £12 a gram that day (or £2,880), she offered £7 a gram (or £1,680). They'd have made £1,200 off of that just by popping it in the post to Lois, or more likely an awful lot more by selling it themselves. She got the hump when I suggested her company was exploiting the gullible, and almost blew a fuse when asked if she possessed any integrity. Twas funny as feck watching her squirm.

I wonder who is behind such businesses ……… hmm

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    I wonder who is behind such businesses ……… hmm
    Mostly Jews. As British as you.

Thank you all for the advice you have been very helpful. Cmon city a win on Saturday is doable.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Mostly Jews. As British as you.
    Interesting.

I hear that Welsh gold is the most sort after most expensive gold in the World.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    I hear that Welsh gold is the most sort after most expensive gold in the World.
    It is valued for its scarcity. By the way, the amount if Welsh gold in many pieces of jewellery market as containing Welsh gold usually contain just a miserly 1% of said metal. Some up to 10%.

Cool Re: Gold rings help and advice please.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It is valued for its scarcity. By the way, the amount if Welsh gold in many pieces of jewellery market as containing Welsh gold usually contain just a miserly 1% of said metal. Some up to 10%.
    Yes exactly, it took me ages to get hold of the real thing.