+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Disappearing Threads

Disappearing Threads

Perhaps we can use this thread to keep tabs on what gets elbowed and, maybe, speculate upon what irked ze censors. I've spotted two that's been black-holed since yesterday evening: one from this forum concerning the Holocaust and another titled Jesus Christ from the other side that revolved around religious sex scandals. Is there others I've missed?

Re: Disappearing Threads

The latter thread contained very important information for parents who may be thinking about sending their children to a religious themed school, or even to a church on Sunday. Everybody has the right to know that there are monsters hiding within these instutions who may target your family. The fact that this information has been suppressed by the leaders of a prominent religion is mind boggling enough

Dumping whole threads is the nuclear option, and also the bone idleness one too in my opinion. Removing offending posts and locking threads is simplicity but rarely applied because, I submit, it takes a tiny bit more effort.

Sorry to take so long to answer. I rarely come on this forum.

After receiving complaints about both threads I thought they were inappropriate for this messageboard.

There are plenty of other forums and places online where you can discuss holocaust denial and religious sexual abuse.

I'd prefer you took your opinions and links there.

Removing offending posts and locking threads is simplicity

and also time-consuming for people who really shouldn't have to spend time cleaning up after people who should know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Removing offending posts and locking threads is simplicity

and also time-consuming for people who really shouldn't have to spend time cleaning up after people who should know better.
    Sadly as much as I like the politics board I think it has become a very nasty environment for certain individuals
    ( only a few ) who now overstep the mark , a lot of posters have stopped contributing due to some aggressive participants.

Perhaps and sadly ,it's time to shut it down.

At the end of the day it's a football board, in saying that, those same individuals don't appear to contribute to the football debates with the same vigour as they apply to the politics ,leaving one to wonder if they are actually Cardiff fans ?? or just political trolls that have highjacked a safe little forum , to push thier very narrow disrespectful views.

As you rightly say Mike there are plenty of nasty forums out there to join ,if one cannot debate with respect ,care , and thought for others ,who may have connections to something like the holocaust or anti semitism , when posting it's good to think on those sensitive matters and how they can hurt others.

There was no nastiness in that thread, and no insults were hurled. It was perfectly civilised. The opening post related to a poll that indicated a certain percentage of respondents had never heard of the Holocaust and/or believed the numbers were exaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Sorry to take so long to answer. I rarely come on this forum.

After receiving complaints about both threads I thought they were inappropriate for this messageboard.

There are plenty of other forums and places online where you can discuss holocaust denial and religious sexual abuse.

I'd prefer you took your opinions and links there.
    Well said Michael 👍