+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sarri

Heisenberg

Re: Sarri

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Love or hate them, over the years , they have given home grown British talent a chance ,more than most.
    You have a soft spot for Man United, don't you? I've noticed that any thread that mentions them will also contain a comment or two from you praising them for something. I'm not having a go... just making an observation.

Well well well, not bad this sarriball

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    3rd in the PL
    League Cup Finalists
    Europa Cup Winners

😂😂

He couldn’t have done any better with Man City and Liverpool in the same league..

I'd have done better with the Cardiff reserves, he's shite! You'll be very lucky to see him there next season, he finished 26 points behind Man City FFS!

Finished 3rd behind 2 of the best teams premier league teams of the last 10 years, 1 domestic cup final and 1 europa league in his first season whilst working against fans and media who don’t like him. I’d say that’s a very good first season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'd have done better with the Cardiff reserves, he's shite! You'll be very lucky to see him there next season, he finished 26 points behind Man City FFS!
    He could end up at Juventus. I'd say that he's done ok in his first season, the fans and the media haven't helped him. I'd like to see how he gets on next season, if he decides to stay or he doesn't get the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Finished 3rd behind 2 of the best teams premier league teams of the last 10 years, 1 domestic cup final and 1 europa league in his first season whilst working against fans and media who don’t like him. I’d say that’s a very good first season.
    Still not good enough considering the players he had at his disposal.

What would have been good enough?

What more could he have done?

It’s not like he even signed many players himself really either. Bit harsh to judge a manager on one season, shame he won’t be able to sign anyone this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What would have been good enough?
    26 points off the pace is shocking, so I am not sure why you are trying to paint it as some sort of achievement. The big boss upstairs would not have been very impressed with Sarriball, but the transfer embargo may well be in Sarri's favour if he bloods the youngsters next season, as he won't be expected to win anything.

26 points off the pace is shocking, so I am not sure why you are trying to paint it as some sort of achievement. The big boss upstairs would not have been very impressed with Sarriball, but the transfer embargo may well be in Sarri's favour if he bloods the youngsters next season, as he won't be expected to win anything.
    He could have performed slightly better in the league but the 26 points off the pace has as much to do with Man City and Liverpool being freakishly good this year as it does with Chelsea being bad.

I'm not trying to paint anything as an achievement, stop putting words in my mouth. I said that i think that he has done alright in his first season. If he started playing Ampadu and he developed under sarri, would you still think he was shit?

Finished above a very good Spurs team and far behind two ridiculously good sides. Plus two cup finals, winning one. Not much more he could have done.

He's also blooded a youngster who was 17 at the start of the season in Hudson odoi and by the time of his injury he was genuinely competing with Pedro and Willian. I don't think any of the other managers in the top 4 have brought through any kids that I can think of this season, yet Sarri is the only one to cop any flack for it.

For someone who claims not to follow the narrative of the "mainstream media" you've really taken their view on Sarri to heart

He could have performed slightly better in the league but the 26 points off the pace has as much to do with Man City and Liverpool being freakishly good this year as it does with Chelsea being bad.
    Chelsea started dropping off after about a third of the season when opposition coaches had studied Sarriball and targeted Jorginho as the weak link. Sarri was too stubborn to change his system, and his problems were compounded by picking the same players for every game. Chelseas managed to finish 3rd due to the abysmal end of the season form of Spurs, Arsenal and Manchester United, not by brilliant Sarri management. Don't forget he also refused to play Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi, even though his favourites were not performing well.

This graph shows the points gap between the top 6 teams throughout the season. Manchester City had their burst at the end, and before that it was Liverpool's title to lose. The gap between Chelea and the top two started to widen steadily after the 14th game.

Everyone other than Man City and Liverpool tailed off according to that though. And after all that he still qualified for the champions league and won the europa league. Not too bad for the first season, especially for a manager the media seemed to really have it in for from day 1.

Everyone other than Man City and Liverpool tailed off according to that though. And after all that he still qualified for the champions league and won the europa league. Not too bad for the first season, especially for a manager the media seemed to really have it in for from day 1.
    Yep he never even really had a preseason either given how late he joined.

'O' is the baseline points total required to maintain a title challenge. What Liverpool and Man City did is immaterial, although they did exceed expectations it has nothing to do with Chelsea's performance. The fact is Chelsea got steadily worse as the season progressed, and that is what the boardroom will be looking at. The decline was almost linear, which means there was no improvement at all.

They finished 3rd, qualified for the champions league and won the europa league, that's the improvement.

You can look at a graph of "points to title target" and spin it how you want but I think he achieved what the board would have wanted after finishing outside the top 4 the year before.

They finished 3rd, qualified for the champions league and won the europa league, that's the improvement.

You can look at a graph of "points to title target" and spin it how you want but I think he achieved what the board would have wanted after finishing outside the top 4 the year before.
    Every team sets a points target before the season starts in order to measure their performance over the course of the season. Chelsea, who were one on the favourites for the title, failed miserably to reach their target.

If that is your idea of success, then so be it, I can't argue with that

Every team sets a points target before the season starts in order to measure their performance over the course of the season. Chelsea, who were one on the favourites for the title, failed miserably to reach their target.

So it would’ve been better getting 95 points and winning nothing

Are you a bit simple?

I'm sure Wales Bales would have bumped this within 30 seconds of the final whistle if Chelsea had lost!