+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sarri

Re: Sarri

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    So it would’ve been better getting 95 points and winning nothing
    With the players Chelsea have they should be targeting and winning the Champions League, not the tinpot Europa League. I will admit finishing 3rd was a decent achievement, but it came about due to the other three teams declining at a faster rate than Chelsea did. Sarri will have breathed a sigh of relief for that bit of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Are you a bit simple?
    Are you another one who thinks finishishing 26 points behind Manchester City was a remarkable achievement?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    With the players Chelsea have they should be targeting and winning the Champions League, not the tinpot Europa League. I will admit finishing 3rd was a decent achievement, but it came about due to the other three teams declining at a faster rate than Chelsea did. Sarri will have breathed a sigh of relief for that bit of luck.
    Feck me how the feck was he supposed to win the champions league, he made two major cup finals winning one and losing on pens to the best team in the land, I’m not sure what more you would expect of him, he made it perfectly clear finishing top 4 is not an achievement in his eyes so he concentrated on the Europa league and subsequently won

Every team sets a points target before the season starts in order to measure their performance over the course of the season. Chelsea, who were one on the favourites for the title, failed miserably to reach their target.

If that is your idea of success, then so be it, I can't argue with that
    They were 12/1 to win the league, 4th behind Man City, Liverpool and Man United, so according to your own logic Sarri has overachieved

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Feck me how the feck was he supposed to win the champions league, he made two major cup finals winning one and losing on pens to the best team in the land, I’m not sure what more you would expect of him, he made it perfectly clear finishing top 4 is not an achievement in his eyes so he concentrated on the Europa league and subsequently won
    It's not what I expect, it's what the Chelsea owner expects, and I don't think being 26pts behind Manchester City is what Abramowitz was expecting, although I may be wrong and he has doubled his salary

It's not what I expect, it's what the Chelsea owner expects, and I don't think being 26pts behind Manchester City is what Abramowitz was expecting, although I may be wrong and he has doubled his salary
    Pep guardiola's first season at man city - 3rd in the league.

Mauricio Sarri's at Chelsea: 3rd in the league, a domestic cup final and a European trophy.

Everyone said with peps first year he would need time to get the players playing the way he wanted.
    The same is obviously true of Sarri, but he for some reason doesn't get any slack

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Pep guardiola's first season at man city - 3rd in the league.

Mauricio Sarri's at Chelsea: 3rd in the league, a domestic cup final and a European trophy.

Everyone said with peps first year he would need time to get the players playing the way he wanted.
    The same is obviously true of Sarri, but he for some reason doesn't get any slack
    He got them playing well, but you have somehow missed the slump that started after the 14th game, and continued until the end of the season. It was only bigger slumps by Spurs, Arsenal and Man Utd which allowed Chelsea to finish 3rd. Sarri was a relieved man

Manchester City & Liverpool were 10 and 11 pts ahead of the title winning target.

Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal & Man Utd were 15 to 21 pts behind the title winning target. This shows how bad the chasing pack performed over the course of the season. And Chelsea won a trophy that was largely used to give fringe players a run out!

Give it a rest guys, you are embarrassing yourselves

Why all the interest in Chelsea?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why all the interest in Chelsea?
    We all like talking about football and some people on here love Sarriball, and besides that the geezer in charge of Chelsea is ruining Ampadu!

On a serious note, the Top 6 Premier League clubs are among the richest in the world, and there are 4 chairman among them who will have been very disappointed at being so far off the pace this season. The managers of Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs & Man Und have a huge job to turn things around next season, and I can't see any of them surviving a slump like what happened this year.

The biggest slump of the lot was at Spurs, which was quite surprising given the reputation of their manager. Even though they made it to the CL final, it won't paper over the cracks of the dramatic loss of form from the middle last season. With the new stadium and all, they should take a look at signing Bale on loan. Along with Kane, Son & Eriksen that would be some attacking quartet, although the latter may be on the move as well.

We all like talking about football and some people on here love Sarriball, and besides that the geezer in charge of Chelsea is ruining Ampadu!

On a serious note, the Top 6 Premier League clubs are among the richest in the world, and there are 4 chairman among them who will have been very disappointed at being so far off the pace this season. The managers of Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs & Man Und have a huge job to turn things around next season, and I can't see any of them surviving a slump like what happened this year.

The biggest slump of the lot was at Spurs, which was quite surprising given the reputation of their manager. Even though they made it to the CL final, it won't paper over the cracks of the dramatic loss of form from the middle last season. With the new stadium and all, they should take a look at signing Bale on loan. Along with Kane, Son & Eriksen that would be some attacking quartet, although the latter may be on the move as well.
    Daniel Levy will be unhappy with Poch?

That's the dumbest thing anyone's said on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Clearly you haven't gone through all of his previous posts

So you love Sarriball, and you love teams who divebomb halfway through the season. Are you a Bristol City fan too? It seems you have a thing about underperforming teams

So you love Sarriball, and you love teams who divebomb halfway through the season. Are you a Bristol City fan too? It seems you have a thing about underperforming teams
    The idea that Tottenham Hotspur and Daniel Levy think Pochettino is anything other than one of their greatest ever managers is laughable.

Manchester City & Liverpool were 10 and 11 pts ahead of the title winning target.

Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal & Man Utd were 15 to 21 pts behind the title winning target. This shows how bad the chasing pack performed over the course of the season. And Chelsea won a trophy that was largely used to give fringe players a run out!

Give it a rest guys, you are embarrassing yourselves
    Oh the irony

The idea that Tottenham Hotspur and Daniel Levy think Pochettino is anything other than one of their greatest ever managers is laughable.
    I like Poch, and I was surprised to see his team plummet just as he was being linked with the big jobs at Man Utd and Real Madrid. He's also rather fortunate that Arsenal decided to do some plummeting of their own, ensuring a lucky Champions League spot for Spurs in a nervy end to the season.

I like Poch, and I was surprised to see his team plummet just as he was being linked with the big jobs at Man Utd and Real Madrid. He's also rather fortunate that Arsenal decided to do some plummeting of their own, ensuring a lucky Champions League spot for Spurs in a nervy end to the season.
    These "big plummets" were really only a slightly dodgy patch though weren't they. They only look like a severe drop against man city and Liverpool winning every single game for the last 4+ months of the season. That's the more unusual event this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    These "big plummets" were really only a slightly dodgy patch though weren't they. They only look like a severe drop against man city and Liverpool winning every single game for the last 4+ months of the season. That's the more unusual event this season.
    I view their performance against the baseline target of 87 pts, not how well Man City & Liverpool did with 98 & 97 pts. Chelsea would have still been 15 points off the pace even if Man City had only won the title with the baseline number of points. I'm not sure why you are trying to frame it as a big success, the truth is the chasing pack were never at the races!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Oh the irony
    Indeed. Probably never kicked a ball in his life.

Of course they'll be happy with him, it's nonsense to suggest otherwise. They didn't even spend a penny last summer and he achieved all that!

I view their performance against the baseline target of 87 pts, not how well Man City & Liverpool did with 98 & 97 pts. Chelsea would have still been 15 points off the pace even if Man City had only won the title with the baseline number of points. I'm not sure why you are trying to frame it as a big success, the truth is the chasing pack were never at the races!
    Tottenham have never got 87 points. Nobody is pretending the rest were anywhere near the title race but who can blame them? They're the 2nd and 3rd highest points ever. Nobody at Spurs is thinking Poch did anything less than a very impressive job.

I remember how furious the Leicester fans rightly were when they failed to hit the baseline target of 87 points in 15/16. You know, the baseline target of 87 that everyone always talks about.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I remember how furious the Leicester fans rightly were when they failed to hit the baseline target of 87 points in 15/16. You know, the baseline target of 87 that everyone always talks about.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I think any team who have won the title and didn’t amass 87 points should have their win deleted from the history books, and players stripped of their winners medals.

Bloody charlatans.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    I think any team who have won the title and didn’t amass 87 points should have their win deleted from the history books, and players stripped of their winners medals.

Bloody charlatans.
    The 87 points baseline is based on previous seasons totals you muppet. That's the arbitrary points total that was considered to be title winning form at the beginning of the season. It seems like a decent choice to judge a teams progress as Man City were 11 points ahead and Chelsea were 15 points below. It also tells you how good Man City & Liverpool were, and how bad Chelsea and the rest were. Wolfmother was right, when it comes to football this message board is populated by morons