+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sarri

Re: Sarri

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He'd still do the same today if he had his time over. He shaped Giggs and Ronaldo. If you're good enough, you are old enough
    He signed Ronaldo for a massive fee, in a similar process to hoovering up youngsters you criticise in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    He signed Ronaldo for a massive fee, in a similar process to hoovering up youngsters you criticise in this thread.
    He saw the raw talent and bought him with the intention of integrating him into his team, while developing him along the way. He certainly wasn't thinking about sticking him on a production line of future saleable assets. BTW he was bought for £12.24 million, and then sold for £80 million. Ferguson was a genius.

He saw the raw talent and bought him with the intention of integrating him into the team, while developing him along the way. He certainly wasn't thinking about sticking him on a production line of future saleable assets. BTW he was bought for £12.24 million and sold for £80 million. Ferguson was a genius.
    It was the most expensive transfer for a teenager at the time.

It was the most expensive transfer for a teenager at the time.
    Yeah, but it wasn't a speculative buy, he was already 18 and playing in the Champions League. Ferguson saw the raw talent and thought he could improve him, which he did. We are comparing apples with oranges here, clubs like Chelsea are doing an entirely different thing.

class of 92 was 26 years ago.
    It will be interesting to see what Man Utd do with 17-year old Mason Greenwood, which will be a good indicator of their current youth policy.

Sarri had a great team last last year, but he's been totally found out by teams like Bournemouth this year. Sarriball has never won anything in the past, and it certainly won't be winning anything in the near future. I'm affraid it's back to the drawing board for Chelsea, they either need a new system or a new manager.
    He practically signed no players in 3 years at Napoli and turned them from also rans into genuine title contenders. He turned Mertens from an average winger into a world class striker. But never mind, you think he's a mug so I bow down to your greater knowledge.

Yeah, but it wasn't a speculative buy, he was already 18 and playing in the Champions League. Ferguson saw the raw talent and thought he could improve him, which he did. We are comparing apples with oranges here, clubs like Chelsea are doing an entirely different thing.
    Seeing Ronaldo at 18 and thinking "he's quite good" does not make Fergie a genius. It's almost like "the scout that found Messi". Well done, mate; I could have told you he's half decent at football.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He practically signed no players in 3 years at Napoli and turned them from also rans into genuine title contenders. He turned Mertens from an average winger into a world class striker. But never mind, you think he's a mug so I bow down to your greater knowledge.
    That was then, this is now. The conditions are far from identical.

Seeing Ronaldo at 18 and thinking "he's quite good" does not make Fergie a genius. It's almost like "the scout that found Messi". Well done, mate; I could have told you he's half decent at football.
    It was Ferguson who turned Ronaldo into an £80m superstar, and that comes from the players own mouth. It was a very different Ronaldo that left Man Utd, compared to the raw youngster who joined them.

But never mind, you think he's a mug so I bow down to your greater knowledge.
    BTW I've never said he was a mug, those are your words. I just said he's not as good as people like you make out.

Talking of greater knowledge, you're the guy who said Ampadu wasn't good enough to start for Wales, who then won MOTM in his first game.

It was Ferguson who turned Ronaldo into an £80m superstar, and that comes from the players own mouth. It was a very different Ronaldo that left Man Utd, compared to the raw youngster who joined them.
    At the time he was one of the most sought after Young talents if he went to Real Madrid do you think he wouldn’t be world class?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    At the time he was one of the most sought after Young talents if he went to Real Madrid do you think he wouldn’t be world class?
    Why speak for the player, when he has already spoken for himself He has already credited Ferguson for developing him into the player that he is.

Well, for starters Sarriball isn't working as well as it once was, and most of the players are already at the top of their game, so he is hardly going to improve them individually.

Fans need to start asking themselves what they want from their football clubs.

If Chelsea started to throw in a group of younger players in the short term it will have an effect on the results, Chelsea may finish 8th. Miss out on Europe. The cash flow issue would then lead to them having to get rid of all the higher earners on their books. In the long term though it would/may then benefit the club by developing the younger players and having a sustainable club. However the recent past tells us that if Chelsea finish 8th the manager is sacked. So why is a manager going to develop a young player for him to cost him his job, and to be ready for another manager down the line.

If you look at a club who does develop players, you are probably looking at Spurs, who supplement their star players with local stars and homegrown signings. However even with this approach and a manager that is untouchable we still see unrest in the fans who want to see the big name signings to take them to the next level.

Lets look at Swansea, they didnt develop any players during their Premier League stint, but now due to necessity those players are giving a chance and doing well, however the result is mid table championship football, with any developing talent more than likely looking to move on in the short term.

At Cardiff we are very much a sign and sell club. There is no route for a young player into the first team. In a way fans have demanded that with the demand for instant success and short term-ism. That is the template of the club at the moment.

I get very mixed messages of a message board between, we need to do well now, sack the manager, why are there no young players coming through - when the system needed to do all three are very different.
    I said that if you look at how Chelsea have done over a period of seasons then I think it's realistic to think that they would be in a similar position to where they are now if they had looked to integrate a young player or two into their first team every year.

I disagree with you about City, since about 2010 we have become a sign club, but not a sell club - we've signed a lot of players in recent years who we've released once their contracts have run down and there have even been those that we ended up having to pay other clubs to take off our hands.

After Ole left, the club experienced a period where money was tight. That should have been a time when the Academy came into it's own, but instead it became even harder for youngsters to break into the team.

If you had told me back in 2004 when the Academy first opened that in fifteen years time it would have not produced a first team regular at Cardiff for eight years and that it had barely made the club any money in transfer fees during that time, I would have asked so why do we still have one?

There was a message on here about how much Manchester City had made by selling youngsters in the last few years and so, although it grates with me that it so rare to see a young player in their team, they can at least point to their Academy making money for the club which might make the difference between them meeting FFP rules or not. Yes, I know Manchester City are on a different plane than us and so it's a harsh comparison, but we are in the same division as them and yet we have an Academy that does not produce first team players and doesn't make the club any money through sales and hasn't done so for years - something's got to be wrong somewhere when that is happening.

Oh yeah, your passive aggressive laughter responses makes you look like a gormless twit

Well, for starters Sarriball isn't working as well as it once was, and most of the players are already at the top of their game, so he is hardly going to improve them individually.
    It’s his first season ffs at a club that is known to be deluded was you expecting him to go undefeated all season? He’s completely changing the style of play and culture of the club this doesn’t just happen over night and I’m sure the bad eggs and players he doesn’t want will be gone in the summer as for Ampadu I’m not sure what you’re expecting

Oh yeah, your passive aggressive laughter responses makes you look like a gormless twit

Stop saying daft things then, you used the past to support your argument with fergie but when Pedro done the same you come back with that

Stop saying daft things then, you used the past to support your argument with fergie but when Pedro done the same you come back with that
    Well it's true, the conditions at Napoli and Chelsea are entirely different. Sarriball is now being viewed by some pundits as a somewhat failing system. It's no longer the all conquering new way forward that it once was, and the players are not happy. Chelsea are dropping down the table if you hadn't noticed, and they got shredded by Bournmouth! Now try to put yourself in Abramovich's position, as he watches the wheels coming off. Champions League football is no longer guaranteed for next season, so if he thinks Sarriball isn't working, what is he going to do? I know what I would do

Well it's true, the conditions at Napoli and Chelsea are entirely different. Sarriball is now being viewed by some pundits as a somewhat failing system. It's no longer the all conquering new way forward that it once was, and the players are not happy. Chelsea are dropping down the table if you hadn't noticed, and they got shredded by Bournmouth! Now try to put yourself in Abramovich's position, as he watches the wheels coming off. Champions League football is no longer guaranteed for next season, so if he thinks Sarriball isn't working, what is he going to do? I know what I would do
    Has he got another billion to dish out? Don't tell me you'd get Zidane in

An 18 year old playing in the Champions League is not seeing "raw talent", its seeing a player that is obviously good and going somewhere, Liverpool, Barcelona, Arsenal etc all wanted him

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    An 18 year old playing in the Champions League is not seeing "raw talent", its seeing a player that is obviously good and going somewhere, Liverpool, Barcelona, Arsenal etc all wanted him
    Yet they all forgot to sign one of the greatest players in the history of football, what an oversight that was!

Or maybe it's because he wasn't such a standout player at Sporting, and it wasn't obvious how great he was going to be. I remember when he first played for Man Utd, he was a little bit frustrating to watch, too many stepovers and not enough end product, but SAF soon knocked him into shape being the great manager that he is.

3 goals in 25 games at Sporting certainly didn't suggest a superstar in the making.

International

What is this "Sarriball" thing? I haven't seen it anywhere but in your posts.
    But then, I am not as expert as you and am probably just trying to derail the thread.
    In which case just have a word, if we disagree I'm sure you can get it deleted.

But seriously? Sarriball? Is this like tikki takka?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What is this "Sarriball" thing? I haven't seen it anywhere but in your posts.
    But then, I am not as expert as you and am probably just trying to derail the thread.
    In which case just have a word, if we disagree I'm sure you can get it deleted.

But seriously? Sarriball? Is this like tikki takka?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Sarriball

Chelsea at their absolute worst as 'Sarriball' obliterated by Bournemouth in humiliating 4-0 thrashing

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...urizio-sarris/