+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sarri

Sarri

He's not all that good is he, and besides that Ampadu's development is going backwards. Out of all the clubs, Chelsea are the worst possible choice for a young player.

Re: Sarri

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He's not all that good is he, and besides that Ampadu's development is going backwards. Out of all the clubs, Chelsea are the worst possible choice for a young player.
    Chelsea treatment of its young players has been poor for years it is not just down to Sarri

I disagree, there are far worse clubs for young players. Ours for one.
    Players who have been developed at Chelsea have a much higher chance of playing at the top level than most other clubs

Sarri seems to be the hardest word...

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Chelsea treatment of its young players has been poor for years itvus not justvdoen to Sarri
    Sarri takes the cake, he virtually plays the same players every game, even though they have been found out. Talk about being stubborn, it looks like he is going to persist with the same team selection and tactics until he is proved right, or he gets fired.

Sarri takes the cake, he virtually plays the same players every game, even though they have been found out. Talk about being stubborn, it looks like he is going to persist with the same team selection and tactics until he is proved right, or he gets fired.
    Sometimes you just speak for the sake of it. Read about Sarri when he was in charge at Empoli and you'll find he gave young players prominence.

Zielinski, Rog and Diawara were all young players at Napoli too.

The problem is that the system is broken in this country. You can't expect someone like Ampadu who will be playing against the likes of Swansea and Blackburn u23s week in week out to then step in and play against Real Madrid in the champions league.

The gap is two big. The under 23 system is ok for Balckburn and Swansea cos the step up from playing Man City and Chelsea u23s to championship football is not so big.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Sometimes you just speak for the sake of it. Read about Sarri when he was in charge at Empoli and you'll find he gave young players prominence.

Zielinski, Rog and Diawara were all young players at Napoli too.

The problem is that the system is broken in this country. You can't expect someone like Ampadu who will be playing against the likes of Swansea and Blackburn u23s week in week out to then step in and play against Real Madrid in the champions league.

The gap is two big. The under 23 system is ok for Balckburn and Swansea cos the step up from playing Man City and Chelsea u23s to championship football is not so big.
    I'm speaking because the Euro 2020 qualifiers start on Sunday 24th of March, and I was hoping that we would have a much improved player going into this important year of international fixtures. I guess it's all down to Giggs now to get the best out of him.

Look at the list of players who came through Chelsea's academy and are now playing at a very high level and then compare to ours.

Maybe, just maybe he doesn't think the Sun shines out of Ampadu's arse. As HG has said, Sarri has developed lots of players, he's a good coach. He's proved that pretty much everywhere he's been. Ampadu has about 20 career appearances, he's not going to force himself into the side with that when most are in League 2 or international friendlies. I'm basically echoing HG but the way we treat young players is broken, and if Sarri plays a load of kids, they make mistakes and lose, he's the one that has to carry the can for it, not the young lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Maybe, just maybe he doesn't think the Sun shines out of Ampadu's arse. As HG has said, Sarri has developed lots of players, he's a good coach. He's proved that pretty much everywhere he's been. Ampadu has about 20 career appearances, he's not going to force himself into the side with that when most are in League 2 or international friendlies. I'm basically echoing HG but the way we treat young players is broken, and if Sarri plays a load of kids, they make mistakes and lose, he's the one that has to carry the can for it, not the young lads.
    It was a young kid named Brooks who neutralised Jorghino, and showed the world how easy it was to nullify Sarriball

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Look at the list of players who came through Chelsea's academy and are now playing at a very high level and then compare to ours.
    Loftus-Cheek played well for England in the World Cup and Sarri said he wasn't good enough for Chelsea, and he needed to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Chelsea treatment of its young players has been poor for years it is not just down to Sarri
    Don’t they constantly win the youth league or whatever, but never bring them through?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Don’t they constantly win the youth league or whatever, but never bring them through?
    Hudson-Odoi only got game time after Chelsea found out he wanted to move to Bayern Munich. Before that Sarri was saying he wasn't good enough for the 1st team.

Loftus-Cheek played well for England in the World Cup and Sarri said he wasn't good enough for Chelsea, and he needed to improve.
    If Kante, Jorghinho and Kovacic were English that would be their midfield 3.

I'm not saying it's ideal what happening at Chelsea but they are under pressure to come in the top 4 at least and development is secondary to instant success cos of the money involved.

The fact is if Hudson-Odoi goes to Bayern and does well, in two years they'll be in the queue to buy him back for 80 million.

It's tragic but it's the way it is in England. It's not Sarri's fault, he and Pep are in the same position where the owners want success NOW

I'm not saying it's ideal what happening at Chelsea but they are under pressure to come in the top 4 at least and development is secondary to instant success cos of the money involved.
    Chelsea could be out of the top 4 by the end of their game on Sunday, and it will be a tricky task trying to overtake a resurgent Manchester United during the run-in. So that could mean they would need to win the Europa League to play in the Champions League next season. I wonder what old trigger-finger Abramovich thinks about that?

Chelsea could be out of the top 4 by the end of their game on Sunday, and it will be a tricky task trying to overtake a resurgent Manchester United during the run-in. So that could mean they would need to win the Europa League to play in the Champions League next season. I wonder what old trigger-finger Abramovich thinks about that?
    That's precisely my point!
    Do you think they'd do any better with Ampadu in their midfield? He's a good prospect but that's as far as it goes at the moment.

That's precisely my point!
    Do you think they'd do any better with Ampadu in their midfield? He's a good prospect but that's as far as it goes at the moment.
    Well it does appear as though Sarriball is a busted flush, and there doesn't seem to be any Plan B. In fact, Sarri has said he is going to persevere with the system until his chosen players master it. However, if a 21 year-old rookie like David Brooks can stop them playing, what does the future of Sarriball hold? The secret is out, and a few teams have already done a number on Jorghino. The race for 4th place is going to be very interesting.

It was a young kid named Brooks who neutralised Jorghino, and showed the world how easy it was to nullify Sarriball
    Sarriball? His coaching made strikers like Higuain and Mertens play better than they ever have before and, arguably, since while he built a reputation for developing players rather than buying talent. He also probably has had a bigger challenge this year than Jose/Ole (clearly a more talented squad) and Emery (less of a tactical transition) having come in after Conte who played 3-5-2 and system rather than individual talent won games. But yes, one negative thing that seems to stand out is that he has no reputation, as far as I'm aware, of winning titles.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Sarriball? His coaching made strikers like Higuain and Mertens play better than they ever have before and, arguably, since while he built a reputation for developing players rather than buying talent. He also probably has had a bigger challenge this year than Jose/Ole (clearly a more talented squad) and Emery (less of a tactical transition) having come in after Conte who played 3-5-2 and system rather than individual talent won games. But yes, one negative thing that seems to stand out is that he has no reputation, as far as I'm aware, of winning titles.
    The entire Sarriball system is build around Jorginho, so what's the next move? How do you solve the problem of the opposition No.10 disrupting play? He was great when he received the ball in space, and made hundreds of passes every game.

The entire Sarriball system is build around Jorginho, so what's the next move? How do you solve the problem of the opposition No.10 disrupting play? He was great when he received the ball in space, and made hundreds of passes every game.
    Do you think he's never encountered a number 10 stopping Jorghinho play in Italy?

The defeat to Bournemouth wasn't just down to Jorginho. I will say that Jorginho is taking a little time to truly put his stamp on the English league but so it Keita for Liverpool and he was a once in a generation talent before he signed!

I heard Rio Ferdinand saying he has all these passes yet no assists etc but I think that's why we're so far behind tactically in this country.

If you judge someone like Jorginho or Iniesta with just stats then you are missing the point.

I watched a game at the Camp Nou between Barcelona and Real Madrid and Barcelona were being dominated in midfield until they brought Iniesta off the bench into an ordinary midfield vs Kroos, Modric and Casemiro and he completely changed the game. He didn't score or assist but completely controlled and set the tempo for the game.

Do you think he's never encountered a number 10 stopping Jorghinho play in Italy?

The defeat to Bournemouth wasn't just down to Jorginho. I will say that Jorginho is taking a little time to truly put his stamp on the English league but so it Keita for Liverpool and he was a once in a generation talent before he signed!

I heard Rio Ferdinand saying he has all these passes yet no assists etc but I think that's why we're so far behind tactically in this country.

If you judge someone like Jorginho or Iniesta with just stats then you are missing the point.
    The game with Bournemouth was a tactical masterclass, and coaches up and down the country will be pouring over every detail. Sunday's game against Manchester City is going to be very interesting.

Shock horror - WalesBales talking nonsense again

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Shock horror - WalesBales talking nonsense again
    I must be dreaming then, and Sarri really is a tactical genius

The game with Bournemouth was a tactical masterclass, and coaches up and down the country will be pouring over every detail. Sunday's game against Manchester City is going to be very interesting.
    But that will include Sarri himself trying to work out what went wrong and how to fix it.

MotD have made clear this year that Man City are a different team without Fernandino who is now 33. If he's not replaced then in one or two years time we could be having similar threads doubting Pep's management because that one player won't be there to make their mark on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    But that will include Sarri himself trying to work out what went wrong and how to fix it.
    Maybe Zinadine Zidane has been giving him a hand, as he was spotted in London two days ago