+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sarri

International

Re: Sarri

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You're very clever with these stupid non-links. Why don't you just post the link or answer the question?

Yet they all forgot to sign one of the greatest players in the history of football, what an oversight that was!

Or maybe it's because he wasn't such a standout player at Sporting, and it wasn't obvious how great he was going to be. I remember when he first played for Man Utd, he was a little bit frustrating to watch, too many stepovers and not enough end product, but SAF soon knocked him into shape being the great manager that he is.

3 goals in 25 games at Sporting certainly didn't suggest a superstar in the making.
    No, because he chose Manchester United over them. Quite simply really.

A schoolyard level contribution to a very serious subject. Maybe it's time to grow up?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    No, because he chose Manchester United over them. Quite simply really.
    Did he? His agents shopped him to Liverpool and Barcelona during the 2002-03 season, but they had no interest. He also met Wenger in Nov 2002, and nothing came of it. Then Man Utd played a friendly against Sporting in Aug 2003 just before the 2003-2004 season started, and Furguson immediately put in an offer to buy him after the game. It's almost as though you like to make things up as you go along

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    You're very clever with these stupid non-links. Why don't you just post the link or answer the question?
    Well, maybe you shouldn't be so sarcastic with your replies if you want to be respected?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    A schoolyard level contribution to a very serious subject. Maybe it's time to grow up?
    You seriously need to donate your brain to science after you pass on.

International

Well, maybe you shouldn't be so sarcastic with your replies if you want to be respected?
    Respected? ??????? You think you are?
    You live in cloud cuckoo land. lmfao

Respected? ??????? You think you are?
    You live in cloud cuckoo land. lmfao
    I think you are confused. I always treat other people with respect, and to be frank with you, I don't give a toss what you or anybody else thinks about me. As long as I maintain my own personal standards, that is all that matters. So if you and your mates want to be keyboard-warrior bully boys then just carry on. It makes no different to me whatsoever, it you lot that who will be the ones who end up looking like idiots.

Did he? His agents shopped him to Liverpool and Barcelona during the 2002-03 season, but they had no interest. He also met Wenger in Nov 2002, and nothing came of it. Then Man Utd played a friendly against Sporting in Aug 2003 just before the 2003-2004 season started, and Furguson immediately put in an offer to buy him after the game. It's almost as though you like to make things up as you go along
    The others were all preparing bids, he'd even been to meet Wenger, United themselves had been interested for over a year. The whole "no one knew who he was until that friendly" thing is bullshit and you know it. Did it convince Manchester United even more? Maybe, but to imply they weren't at all interested until a friendly is completely wrong

The others dithered, Ferguson was more decisive and went in with a huge bid (at the time) for a teenager to make sure he got him. To say there was no interest from the others is nonsense.

Savage, Chester, Lawrence, all Welsh internationals from Man Utd youth who had to leave to find first team football and kick-start their careers, just like Ampadu will have to at Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The others were all preparing bids, he'd even been to meet Wenger, United themselves had been interested for over a year. The whole "no one knew who he was until that friendly" thing is bullshit and you know it. Did it convince Manchester United even more? Maybe, but to imply they weren't at all interested until a friendly is completely wrong

The others dithered, Ferguson was more decisive and went in with a huge bid (at the time) for a teenager to make sure he got him. To say there was no interest from the others is nonsense.
    It looks like you are right about the interest, but there we no other bids. Wikipedia led me astray, and I just found a very old BBC news report after a bit more digging.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/3142959.stm

I think you are confused. I always treat other people with respect, and to be frank with you, I don't give a toss what you or anybody else thinks about me. As long as I maintain my own personal standards, that is all that matters. So if you and your mates want to be keyboard-warrior bully boys then just carry on. It makes no different to me whatsoever, it you lot that who will be the ones who end up looking like idiots.
    Not being funny but you state your opinions as if it’s a fact I keep seeing sarriball but don’t understand what it is, this is probably the first time Chelsea has a manager who has a long term plan rather than short term fixes

The problem is not the Chelsea management but the Chelsea owner. He has unrealistic expectations.

He wants to play a better brand of football but he thinks this can happen overnight.

There is no doubt at Napoli Sarri was given time to implement his ideas and wasn't in danger of being sacked after 6 months in the job.

Unless Abrahamovic learns to have a little patience he will never reach the goal he's looking for.

As always Wales Bales will keep a thread going forever subtly changing the arguments then convincing himself he's won the argument when everyone else is bored shitless.

Ferguson was a genius but he was under immense pressure in his first few seasons at United. He would have been sacked if they didn't win the fa cup in 1990.

Of course he developed Ronaldo but that's not the same as saying the same thing as he was basically the only one who knew about him. I believe the players convinced him Ronaldo was the real deal after playing against him in a friendly.

Fergie done miracles bringing through the class of 92 but the premier league is a different animal now and it would be nigh on impossible to do that now.

Thankfully we are seeing coaches introduced to the premier league in the last couple of years who place emphasis on coaching players rather than buying them and if they don't hit the ground running that's that.

Citeh prepared the way for Pep yet he still had a difficult first season there.

Emery is struggling to shake off the weak under belly that was at the club with Wenger towards the end.

The pressure is probably less intense at Spurs in a funny sort of way cos he knows where he is in that they're not spending money.

Sarri has proven quality and the problem is not that the premier league is the "best league" in the world but rather that it's the least patient league in the world.

Probably the only club that show less patience than Chelsea in world football are Real Madrid. They are struggling this season in adapting from a squad that's getting stale to bringing in youth and looking to change style yet they give Lopetegui 2 months ffs.

International

[QUOTE=Wales-Bales;4949832]I think you are confused. I always treat other people with respect, and to be frank with you, I don't give a toss what you or anybody else thinks about me. As long as I maintain my own personal standards, that is all that matters. So if you and your mates want to be keyboard-warrior bully boys then just carry on. It makes no different to me whatsoever, it you lot that who will be the ones who end up looking like idiots.[/QUOTE]

I've never bullied anyone in my life, ans certainly wouldn't from a keyboard.
    Your problem is you have an inflated opinion of your own importance and cannot seem to tolerate those who disagree with you or those who like to have a bit of fun, which you take as being unjustifiably at your expense.
    This comment is so childish it beggars belief.
    As an other porter here says, you insist on posting opinions as fact then get upset when they are challenged. you need to have a word with yourself.

I've never bullied anyone in my life, ans certainly wouldn't from a keyboard.
    Your problem is you have an inflated opinion of your own importance and cannot seem to tolerate those who disagree with you or those who like to have a bit of fun, which you take as being unjustifiably at your expense.
    This comment is so childish it beggars belief.
    As an other porter here says, you insist on posting opinions as fact then get upset when they are challenged. you need to have a word with yourself.
    Having had a word with myself, and after posting on here for 22 years, this will be my last post. It's pointless engaging with people like you and your gang of fellow disruptors, who constantly derail threads by commenting about the person and not the topic. You are a coward who acts up from behind a keyboard, and I know you wouldn't have the guts to do it in front somebody in the real world. I don't blame you for doing what you do, as you are allowed to get away with it, but it's people like you who have slowly destroyed this message board over the past couple of years. It's a real shame what it has become, as this used to be a fine place full of great people.

Isn't it true that Man Utd have had at least one academy graduate in their match day squad every game for the last 80 years or something?

Having had a word with myself, and after posting on here for 22 years, this will be my last post. It's pointless engaging with people like you and your gang of fellow disruptors, who constantly derail threads by commenting about the person and not the topic. You are a coward who acts up from behind a keyboard, and I know you wouldn't have the guts to do it in front somebody in the real world. I don't blame you for doing what you do, as you are allowed to get away with it, but it's people like you who have slowly destroyed this message board over the past couple of years. It's a real shame what it has become, as this used to be a fine place full of great people.
    If you flounce and no one cares, best thing to do is leave it a few days and crawl back, hoping no one remembers.

If you flounce and no one cares, best thing to do is leave it a few days and crawl back, hoping no one remembers.
    Welcome back Lardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Welcome back Lardy.

Great to be here.

Great to be here.
    Why did you bump a thread where I said Sarri ain't that good and everybody argued against me, only for the entire country to agree with me 12 days later.

Why did you bump a thread where I said Sarri ain't that good and everybody argued against me, only for the entire country to agree with me 12 days later.
    Good to have you back WB, it's been a while

Heisenberg

I thought you had flounced?

I still think they’ll be mad to get rid of him he needs to get rid of a few bad apples but he’ll come good

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I still think they’ll be mad to get rid of him he needs to get rid of a few bad apples but he’ll come good
    Chelsea and Sarri was always going to be an interesting move. I think he'd have been better suited at Arsenal, whereby he could have rebuilt them without as much short term pressure. Chelsea won't wait for him/the team to be ready. I don't think there's a club in the world like Chelsea where the same group of players can finish 1st, 10th and 1st in consecutive seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Isn't it true that Man Utd have had at least one academy graduate in their match day squad every game for the last 80 years or something?
    Love or hate them, over the years , they have given home grown British talent a chance ,more than most.