Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    It's not coming home then?
    Its Koeman home

Re: Netherlands v England

You love to see it.

England played quite well but the Netherlands were sublime

Don’t play out from the back if there’s no space or pressure from the opposition.

First comment I heard from Talkshite was that they were tired after a long season.

I thought England were going to win it in the first half.
    Netherlands did everything in the build-ups, but were awful in front of goal - until they scored. Then they played with more purpose, and it was "how many will they score".
    And when England thought they had scored their seconf, my daughter's BF did a victory dance around the room, then the fateful "VAR check" was announced

Listened to The Game podcast the other day. 20 minute debate on how winning the Nations league might be considered an important piece of silverware for England in years to come.

Guess they’ll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Quite a good game, Dutch just took the lead in extra time
    My favourite bit was when Lingard thought he’d scored the winner. Players leaping around screaming at the fans with joy, fans jumping about like they'd won the World Cup. Then in steps VAR

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Don’t play out from the back if there’s no space or pressure from the opposition.

First comment I heard from Talkshite was that they were tired after a long season.
    Just watched the highlights, which were on ITV last night.
    On there they are saying, “it’s been to long since they’ve had a competitive game” !!!

Make your mind up peeps, it’s either to long a season, or to short a season, you can’t have it both ways

PS:——- I love VAR this morning, the little faces on those Ingurlund fans, were just a picture to behold

PPS:—— Still hate it, really, as that may be us next

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Only watched the highlights but it was brilliant.

I like Southgate but to try and play like Manchester City was suicide.
    The amount of defensive mistakes was shocking (in a nice way) to watch.
    If Depay hadn't had someone else's boots on, it could have been a cricket score.

The pundits set themselves up the fall yet again. They really fancied themselves.
    I also enjoyed the reaction of Virgil van Dyke when questioned by the interviewer about the marginal offside of Lingard, the interviewer intimating that it would have been a different outcome had VAR not been used. Aw diddums!

Loved it!

The post match bitching was great

You love to see it

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Only watched the highlights but it was brilliant.

I like Southgate but to try and play like Manchester City was suicide.
    The amount of defensive mistakes was shocking (in a nice way) to watch.
    If Depay hadn't had someone else's boots on, it could have been a cricket score.

The pundits set themselves up the fall yet again. They really fancied themselves.
    I also enjoyed the reaction of Virgil van Dyke when questioned by the interviewer about the marginal offside of Lingard, the interviewer intimating that it would have been a different outcome had VAR not been used. Aw diddums!

Loved it!
    You can't blame Southgate for Stones being crap. The back 4 were awful last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    You can't blame Southgate for Stones being crap. The back 4 were awful last night.
    I agree they were awful.
    My point being that trying to play like Man City with lesser players is just silly.
    You could see the writing was on the wall in the first half but they still fannied about at the back.

I should also say that in order to play like that the midfield and front players need to create options so it's not simply down to the defensive errors per se.

Southgate has to take some responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I agree they were awful.
    My point being that trying to play like Man City with lesser players is just silly.
    You could see the writing was on the wall in the first half but they still fannied about at the back.

I should also say that in order to play like that the midfield and front players need to create options so it's not simply down to the defensive errors per se.

Southgate has to take some responsibility.
    Most of the Ingurlund players come from top teams, unfortunately for Ingurlund, most of the other players in these teams are foreign, making the said Ingurlund players look like stars.

Fortunately , they’re not all that good, which shows when they TRY and play together.

If truth be known and it wasn’t for the home players rule, not a lot of them would be playing in the premier. They’re not very good

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Most of the Ingurlund players come from top teams, unfortunately for Ingurlund, most of the other players in these teams are foreign, making the said Ingurlund players look like stars.

Fortunately , they’re not all that good, which shows when they TRY and play together.

If truth be known and it wasn’t for the home players rule, not a lot of them would be playing in the premier. They’re not very good
    Unfortunately true, in a lot of cases home grown players are making up the numbers, bit part actors to the headline stars.

Maguire trying to be Franco Baresi was hilarious