+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Do they still do the bus you in thing at Southampton?

Do they still do the bus you in thing at Southampton?

It's a couple of years since we last played down there but I seem to remember they preferred us to park out towards Hedge End and they ferried us all in on their 50 year old double deckers.

I think the last time I went down we did drive in, but I seem to remember parking was a nightmare. At least that day Cala had scored to give us false hope of staying up.

Re: Do they still do the bus you in thing at Southampton?

I thought it was Fabio that scored our goal, in that lucky 1-0 away win, if you are on about the last time we were in the prem? As you rightly say, it was very much false hope! Here's to another 1-0 win this Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    It's a couple of years since we last played down there but I seem to remember they preferred us to park out towards Hedge End and they ferried us all in on their 50 year old double deckers.

I think the last time I went down we did drive in, but I seem to remember parking was a nightmare. At least that day Cala had scored to give us false hope of staying up.
    On the official Saints away travel guide it states that there are buses to/from the train station and Town Head Quay (to coincide with Isle of Wight ferries). The official advice is not to drive and try and park by the stadium. There are multi storey car parks dotted about the city centre then get the station bus or walk. Also, road works around the M27/M3 interchange may slow traffic...upgrading to smart motorway. If ever there was a place not to put a stadium. This comes second after Wembley. Hopefully a Cala style, nick a winner, 3 pointer.

nah it was cala

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    On the official Saints away travel guide it states that there are buses to/from the train station and Town Head Quay (to coincide with Isle of Wight ferries). The official advice is not to drive and try and park by the stadium. There are multi storey car parks dotted about the city centre then get the station bus or walk. Also, road works around the M27/M3 interchange may slow traffic...upgrading to smart motorway. If ever there was a place not to put a stadium. This comes second after Wembley. Hopefully a Cala style, nick a winner, 3 pointer.
    you mean 6 pointer?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I thought it was Fabio that scored our goal, in that lucky 1-0 away win, if you are on about the last time we were in the prem? As you rightly say, it was very much false hope! Here's to another 1-0 win this Saturday
    It was deffo Cala.

They battered us and we robbed them blind.

For a change.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC27 View Post
    you mean 6 pointer?
    You are correct.

Bordeaux.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    It was deffo Cala.

They battered us and we robbed them blind.

For a change.
    Cheers folks, my memory plays strange tricks with me sometimes. Could have sworn it was Fabio that scored lol. I'd take the same battering with the same result tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post

But after that, he cemented his place as a City legend who was sorely missed when he left, and whose name is still very much alive across all the Cardiff City message boards and match day pubs, with many supporters urging Mr Tan to offer a blank cheque in order to tempt the player back to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    But after that, he cemented his place as a City legend who was sorely missed when he left, and whose name is still very much alive across all the Cardiff City message boards and match day pubs, with many supporters urging Mr Tan to offer a blank cheque in order to tempt the player back to the club.
    Memory isn't as good as it used to be and without looking it up, was that his only winner for us? I don't recall him scoring for us apart from Southampton away.

Memory isn't as good as it used to be and without looking it up, was that his only winner for us? I don't recall him scoring for us apart from Southampton away.
    I think so. I can't remember him playing more than 5 or 6 games.

Wikipedia says he played eight, scored twice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cala_(...er,_born_1989)

Everton away

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Everton away
    Hmmm...not only was I there, i've got that goal video on my old phone. Thanks for the reminder. A good day out even though we lost.

Hmmm...not only was I there, i've got that goal video on my old phone. Thanks for the reminder. A good day out even though we lost.
    Zaha was pulled down in the box for a nailed on pelanty as well at 1-1😡😡