+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: In A Perfect World

In A Perfect World

Would never happen but wouldn’t it be something if The City, Nantes, Bordeaux, the insurers, the lawyers & agents closed ranks, made a statement that no financial issues were to be disclosed. Got together behind closed doors, thrashed things out with a news block with a threat of legal action against any party who squeaked. Even newspapers threatened a la The News of the World in cases like this. The families don’t need financial squabbles played out for months, even years before the world’s eyes, they’re suffering enough as it is.

Re: In A Perfect World

In a perfect world yes, but how could you make a legal threat against anyone asking for money they are entitled to?

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    In a perfect world yes, but how could you make a legal threat against anyone asking for money they are entitled to?
    I’ve been owed money for work and the like loads of times but have always kept it between me and the person who owes it.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’ve been owed money for work and the like loads of times but have always kept it between me and the person who owes it.
    I totally agree with your sentiment, my point was more about the legal part.
    It wouldn't surprise me if it was the agents who have started all these rumours to get their fees to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    I totally agree with your sentiment, my point was more about the legal part.
    It wouldn't surprise me if it was the agents who have started all these rumours to get their fees to be honest.
    I did start my comment with ‘In a perfect world ‘ as well Ken, which we all know is pie in the sky 👍

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Would never happen but wouldn’t it be something if The City, Nantes, Bordeaux, the insurers, the lawyers & agents closed ranks, made a statement that no financial issues were to be disclosed. Got together behind closed doors, thrashed things out with a news block with a threat of legal action against any party who squeaked. Even newspapers threatened a la The News of the World in cases like this. The families don’t need financial squabbles played out for months, even years before the world’s eyes, they’re suffering enough as it is.

In a perfect world there wouldn't be agents.

Reports suggest that Bordeaux are due 50% & Willie McKay 10%

"The Nantes owner, Waldemar Kati gave the McKays' company the mandate to find a buyer, in return for 10 per cent of the fee"

I just wonder whether City are holding out until they understand where the £5m first instalment is going, maybe the football clubs involved are not the issue.