+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: #compassionfordave

#compassionfordave

Seems to be some criticism starting to circulate on social media, regarding the lack of recognition for the pilot amongst the football community and media, since the crash a couple of weeks ago.

A bit un-called for in my opinion. If it wasn't for the fact there was a footballer on board, then there wouldn't have been a privately funded search, and the plane would probably have still not been found. Obviously there's also more focus today because the body was identified as Sala's, so the focus of the news today has been on him, but think it's a bit off for this hashtag to be around.

Re: #compassionfordave

https://www.gofundme.com/david-ibbot...bring-him-home

Personally, I think the remaining balance of the Sala crowd fund should go towards this fund, I think that most people would have donated one the understanding it was for both.

However, where would any search start, the task is virtually impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    https://www.gofundme.com/david-ibbot...bring-him-home

Personally, I think the remaining balance of the Sala crowd fund should go towards this fund, I think that most people would have donated one the understanding it was for both.

However, where would any search start, the task is virtually impossible.
    Absolutely.

I'm assuming they would have searched the immediate area. From there he could be anywhere. As grim as it no doubt is, hopefully he will wash up somewhere.

With regards the wreckage it looks like that's it? I don't see why in that case the private company wouldn't be allowed to make an attempt to recover it.

International

I thought the crews at the scene said they had tried to lift the aircraft but the weather was bed and getting worse and thct it was too dangerous to proceed. and it doesn't look like getting much better over the next couple of months apparently,

The white knights coming out and making the very cause they act like they care about feel a whole lot worse for the family no doubt.

I do agree with the remainder fund to be used for finding the pilot - i assume this would've been a no-brainer?