+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This tucked away in WOL's latest today....

This tucked away in WOL's latest today....

"The first surrounds whether Sala was actually a registered Cardiff player or not.

His international documents are understood to have been lodged with the Football Association of Wales, but there are doubts about whether they were registered with the Premier League at the exact time of his disappearance. Whether he was or wasn't also throws up important questions about insurance cover and liabilities between the two clubs".

Oh dear.

Re: This tucked away in WOL's latest today....

I alluded to this scenario in another thread. It would depend on the wording of the contract and the triggering event, to assertain when the contract became legally enforceable. It's going to be a legal minefield, as I don't think a situation like this has ever occured before.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I alluded to this scenario in another thread. It would depend on the wording of the contract and the triggering event, to assertain when the contract became legally enforceable. It's going to be a legal minefield, as I don't think a situation like this has ever occured before.
    Wow! Sure is.

Surely all that means he was registered as our player with the FAW. It is my assumption that all registration with the Premier League means is to allow the player to play in Premier League matches. Isn't there a recent example of a player transferred to a club but failed to get registration with the Premier league meaning he couldn't play but still belonged to the club who registered him with his home association.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Surely all that means he was registered as our player with the FAW. It is my assumption that all registration with the Premier League means is to allow the player to play in Premier League matches. Isn't there a recent example of a player transferred to a club but failed to get registration with the Premier league meaning he couldn't play but still belonged to the club who registered him with his home association.
    Of course he's a Cardiff player, unless we have started registering players with the FAW who we haven't signed.

It is looking more apparent that he wasn't suitable insured, and the club are looking for ways to reduce the amount of money lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Silva for Leicester wasn’t it?

The Telegraph stated a few days ago that as soon as he was registered with the FAW he was contactually our player. Not sure where they sourced this information but presumed that point is the ‘subject to international clearance’ bit completed.