+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pilot's family GoFundMe page to find him

Pilot's family GoFundMe page to find him

Desperate for some closure, must be agonizing for them, and they haven't got the football world behind them in the same way to raise finances

https://www.gofundme.com/david-ibbot...bring-him-home

Re: Pilot's family GoFundMe page to find him

Sadly, for the family the reality is that it will take an absolute miracle to 'find' him. The only chance was for the body to be contained within the plane. Beyond that he could be anywhere at the bottom of the sea, or whilst there is buoyant flesh his remains 'could' be washed up onshore somewhere. As the days progress, that is increasingly unlikely. Almost certainly too late now.

My impression was the previous go fund me was for the search for both. I assume if that was the case and money was still available the search will continue with that funding

The initial Fund was for the plane search, which was a lot easier to pinpoint than a random body that could be floating around or taken by the currents.

I hope on day they'll get closure, but where would a search even start? They have nothing to go off of.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ation-15807820

Kylian Mbappe makes incredible donation to Emiliano Sala pilot's family as they look to continue efforts to find him

I assumed as they found the wreckage within a day that there would be funds left for further searches.

Other than an area around the site though I'm not sure how he would be found. Perhaps the investigation could help understand what may have happened to him, was he consciously able to get out of the plane etc. If so he isn't going to be anywhere near it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post

Kylian Mbappe makes incredible donation to Emiliano Sala pilot's family as they look to continue efforts to find him
    Fair play to him.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Sadly, for the family the reality is that it will take an absolute miracle to 'find' him. The only chance was for the body to be contained within the plane. Beyond that he could be anywhere at the bottom of the sea, or whilst there is buoyant flesh his remains 'could' be washed up onshore somewhere. As the days progress, that is increasingly unlikely. Almost certainly too late now.

Very much this, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post

Good for him. Barely out of his teens but that's a great gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I assumed as they found the wreckage within a day that there would be funds left for further searches.

Other than an area around the site though I'm not sure how he would be found. Perhaps the investigation could help understand what may have happened to him, was he consciously able to get out of the plane etc. If so he isn't going to be anywhere near it.
    From an Aviation perspective I have given a lot of thought to ways the pilot could have exited the aircraft and in all reality unless the front screen imploded and he exited via that orifice he can only have gone out through the port rear door ( or maybe the starboard emergency window )

Without knowing whether the cockpit area was crushed in the impact or whether it split from the rear fuselage there is no real way to know whether the pilot is still seated in the pilot seat or not?

I would very much doubt that the pilot exited the rear door because to get to that would have been past Emiliano Sala.

My personal thought is: He is trapped in the front cockpit & still strapped in. So I would hope they raise the wreckage if the GoFundMe money is enough to recover the aircraft ( I wonder whether any monies are remaining from the first crowdfunding that can be applied to assist the second search? )

I would think there are mixed feelings about the raising of the wreckage, the Ibbotson family & the Sala family will not only want but need the wreckage recovered...... I am certain that those involved in the organising of the flight would rather it stayed on the seabed forever.

Picture of door location to show that it is unlikely the pilot went past Sala to get out, if he was trying to get out that door I am sure he would have got Sala out that way as well?

46.jpg
    aircraft-single-piston-piper-malibu-mirage-294278_ad2ffd853959338d51005c4cb383422e_920X485.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    From an Aviation perspective I have given a lot of thought to ways the pilot could have exited the aircraft and in all reality unless the front screen imploded and he exited via that orifice he can only have gone out through the port rear door ( or maybe the starboard emergency window )

Without knowing whether the cockpit area was crushed in the impact or whether it split from the rear fuselage there is no real way to know whether the pilot is still seated in the pilot seat or not?

I would very much doubt that the pilot exited the rear door because to get to that would have been past Emiliano Sala.

My personal thought is: He is trapped in the front cockpit & still strapped in. So I would hope they raise the wreckage if the GoFundMe money is enough to recover the aircraft ( I wonder whether any monies are remaining from the first crowdfunding that can be applied to assist the second search? )

I would think there are mixed feelings about the raising of the wreckage, the Ibbotson family & the Sala family will not only want but need the wreckage recovered...... I am certain that those involved in the organising of the flight would rather it stayed on the seabed forever.

Picture of door location to show that it is unlikely the pilot went past Sala to get out, if he was trying to get out that door I am sure he would have got Sala out that way as well?

46.jpg
    aircraft-single-piston-piper-malibu-mirage-294278_ad2ffd853959338d51005c4cb383422e_920X485.jpg
    Thanks for this information.

Why haven’t the rescue team come up with this information if as you say, the pilot may be trapped in the plane? Every article I’ve read has stated that there was only one body on the plane?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Thanks for this information.

Why haven’t the rescue team come up with this information if as you say, the pilot may be trapped in the plane? Every article I’ve read has stated that there was only one body on the plane?
    The ROV footage will have clues to whether the pilot is still in the front area or not? I am actually surprised that the Ibbotson family haven't requested to have a viewing of the ROV footage ( maybe they have? ) to get some form of closure from that.

I am only applying Aviation logic to this because I know the pilot was quite rotund and I know how difficult it is to get into & out of the cockpit area with a fuller figure, the ROV footage will hold a lot of answers that aren't out in the public domain.

While I personally think there is a good chance that the pilot is still in the pilot seat I am sure that the AAIB and recovery teams have covered most bases in trying to locate the pilots body but in murky water it could have missed something.

I am now only following the subject from a Aviation interest point ( The footballer part is complete as far as his family have now got closure & a body to take to funeral ).

Much as it pains me to say this " The GoFundMe page for David Ibbotson is getting some crazy remarks posted " I was shocked to see that 'some mystic' posted a set of co-ordinates where he thinks the pilots body is ? I am sure he meant well, however it seems a bizarre post to have posted on that page.
    strange.jpg

I hope CCFC have got someone advising them on the Aviation side of the organising of such a flight, it is most likely that there are so many inaccuracies now in the investigative data that CCFC have been given by the flight organisers that it will read like an Beano Comic.

I really do hope CCFC aren't taking anything the flight organisers tell them as fact, if they told me that the sky is above the earth I would be inclined to query it. ( They are going to be covering their arses on everything to do with that fateful flight ).

There will be a lot of things that have already been rumoured that will be proven as facts when the full report comes out, the AAIB have an ever increasing file growing on this & from what I already know I am sure that there are going to be a lot of losers financially as there are just too many discrepancies in what comes under aviation law.

The ROV footage will have clues to whether the pilot is still in the front area or not? I am actually surprised that the Ibbotson family haven't requested to have a viewing of the ROV footage ( maybe they have? ) to get some form of closure from that.

I am only applying Aviation logic to this because I know the pilot was quite rotund and I know how difficult it is to get into & out of the cockpit area with a fuller figure, the ROV footage will hold a lot of answers that aren't out in the public domain.

While I personally think there is a good chance that the pilot is still in the pilot seat I am sure that the AAIB and recovery teams have covered most bases in trying to locate the pilots body but in murky water it could have missed something.

I am now only following the subject from a Aviation interest point ( The footballer part is complete as far as his family have now got closure & a body to take to funeral ).

Much as it pains me to say this " The GoFundMe page for David Ibbotson is getting some crazy remarks posted " I was shocked to see that 'some mystic' posted a set of co-ordinates where he thinks the pilots body is ? I am sure he meant well, however it seems a bizarre post to have posted on that page.
    strange.jpg

I hope CCFC have got someone advising them on the Aviation side of the organising of such a flight, it is most likely that there are so many inaccuracies now in the investigative data that CCFC have been given by the flight organisers that it will read like an Beano Comic.

I really do hope CCFC aren't taking anything the flight organisers tell them as fact, if they told me that the sky is above the earth I would be inclined to query it. ( They are going to be covering their arses on everything to do with that fateful flight ).

There will be a lot of things that have already been rumoured that will be proven as facts when the full report comes out, the AAIB have an ever increasing file growing on this & from what I already know I am sure that there are going to be a lot of losers financially as there are just too many discrepancies in what comes under aviation law.
    Thanks, very interesting stuff as sad as it is.

I see that the crowdfunding is approaching the quarter of a million mark so I really hope that the Ibbotson family get the full £300k so that the search for their family member can be resumed.

I feel for the Ibbotson family as there is a lot of bad press abound the actual flight that they are also having to contend with along with the loss of Dave, I just hope that a lot of the rumours are unfounded as sadly Dave isn't around to defend the allegations.

I think the donation by Vincent Tan is an incredible humanitarian gesture to have made during a time of speculation about the flight not being completely legal, it just goes to prove that human life is more precious than rumourmongery.

The interim report from the UK Air Accident Investigation Branch is due to be released at 2pm on Monday (25th) afternoon. It had been hoped to be released this week, within a month of the accident.

The report is expected to largely focus on the factual findings of the investigation team, who spent almost four days at the site of the plane wreckage after it was located. Such reports are commissioned so quickly in cases where there could be an urgent public safety aspect or if there as a significant public and media interest.

I wonder whether the supporters of the crowdfunders will feel cheated if the report is a detrimental report highlighting the discrepancies in the pilots licencing

The interim report from the UK Air Accident Investigation Branch is due to be released at 2pm on Monday (25th) afternoon. It had been hoped to be released this week, within a month of the accident.

The report is expected to largely focus on the factual findings of the investigation team, who spent almost four days at the site of the plane wreckage after it was located. Such reports are commissioned so quickly in cases where there could be an urgent public safety aspect or if there as a significant public and media interest.

I wonder whether the supporters of the crowdfunders will feel cheated if the report is a detrimental report highlighting the discrepancies in the pilots licencing
    I put some money in to try and help a family find a loved one so personally, no

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I put some money in to try and help a family find a loved one so personally, no
    A lot of people have put a lot into trying to help a family find a loved one, it would have been better if both Sala & Ibbotson were found on the 1st search, it was only due to some very careful calculations that the exact location of the wreckage was found on the 2nd search.

Extracting Sala from the wreckage would have been a complex task, it was a shame that Ibbotson wasn't located & removed on that second search, now Ibbotson might still be entangled in the wreckage or he might have been thrown from the wreckage in the impact. For Sala to have had Head & trunk impact injuries it seems it was not a controlled entry into the water ( I am not at liberty to say what will be in the report until released )

Sadly, the 3rd search will just be contractors going through the motions so the Ibbotson family can say " we tried to get our family member home again "

If his body was ejected from the wreckage it could turn up anywhere now, I doubt the corpse is in the wreckage because the ROV did a linear survey of all areas of the aircraft to come to the conclusion only one corpse was inside.

A lot of people have put a lot into trying to help a family find a loved one, it would have been better if both Sala & Ibbotson were found on the 1st search, it was only due to some very careful calculations that the exact location of the wreckage was found on the 2nd search.

Extracting Sala from the wreckage would have been a complex task, it was a shame that Ibbotson wasn't located & removed on that second search, now Ibbotson might still be entangled in the wreckage or he might have been thrown from the wreckage in the impact. For Sala to have had Head & trunk impact injuries it seems it was not a controlled entry into the water ( I am not at liberty to say what will be in the report until released )

Sadly, the 3rd search will just be contractors going through the motions so the Ibbotson family can say " we tried to get our family member home again "

If his body was ejected from the wreckage it could turn up anywhere now, I doubt the corpse is in the wreckage because the ROV did a linear survey of all areas of the aircraft to come to the conclusion only one corpse was inside.
    That's not what you asked though is it, you suggested (pretty tastelessly) that people who put money in to help try and find David Ibbotson might feel cheated if it turns out he didn't have the right licence to fly that plane

That's not what you asked though is it, you suggested (pretty tastelessly) that people who put money in to help try and find David Ibbotson might feel cheated if it turns out he didn't have the right licence to fly that plane
    Delmbox,
    What I asked is a rhetorical question.
    The conclusion I foresee is : If Sala had been killed by an unlicenced uber driver on the way from Cardiff Airport to the Cardiff FC Training ground I am pretty sure that the large majority of the CCFC supporters wouldn't be supportive of the uber driver if he had taken Sala's life through negligence or a discrepancy.

The sympathy for the pilot is down to him losing his life in the same accident & I totally can see where the compassion comes from when lives are lost, had the pilot survived I doubt the compassion would be so forthcoming if the rumours/facts & findings are proven.

I am sorry if the post seemed pretty tasteless, it was purely to highlight facts known.

Delmbox,
    What I asked is a rhetorical question.
    The conclusion I foresee is : If Sala had been killed by an unlicenced uber driver on the way from Cardiff Airport to the Cardiff FC Training ground I am pretty sure that the large majority of the CCFC supporters wouldn't be supportive of the uber driver if he had taken Sala's life through negligence or a discrepancy.

The sympathy for the pilot is down to him losing his life in the same accident & I totally can see where the compassion comes from when lives are lost, had the pilot survived I doubt the compassion would be so forthcoming if the rumours/facts & findings are proven.

I am sorry if the post seemed pretty tasteless, it was purely to highlight facts known.
    Flyer46
    You asked a rhetorical question and I answered it. Being that any money I personally put in was done because I felt terrible for the family who are desperate for closure no I do not feel cheated. The family had nothing to do with any licencing or organization of the flight, they just want to not spend the rest of their lives imagining their loved one lost and alone at sea.

Flyer46
    You asked a rhetorical question and I answered it. Being that any money I personally put in was done because I felt terrible for the family who are desperate for closure no I do not feel cheated. The family had nothing to do with any licencing or organization of the flight, they just want to not spend the rest of their lives imagining their loved one lost and alone at sea.
    OK, I am going to ease up on the direct facts as I think the AAIB report that should be released on Monday 25th will highlight more than the public have previously been told>

I am not sure that you can say " The family had nothing to do with any licencing or organization of the flight " I am pretty sure that the wife of the pilot knew what type of pilots licence he had, I am pretty sure that the wife of the pilot knew her husband was colourblind, I am pretty sure that the wife of the pilot knew that he shouldn't be flying at night.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but the irregularities in what the pilot was legal to do & not legal to do has wasted two lives.
    Sadly I think the pilot was just trying to keep the organisers of the flight happy & these people were supposed to be his friends !

Whilst the AAIB don't directly apportion blame in any accident report they will be highlighting the facts that the flight was undertaken by a pilot cleared only to fly in daylight who elected to fly in night darkness.

The commercial insinuations that the pilot was paid to undertake these flights is neither here nor there now, he paid the ultimate price by trying to keep his friends happy, it would seem clear that Willie McKay paid money to his usual pilot to organise the Sala flights, now I really hope that McKay's usual pilot has only paid the fuel costs & airport fees relevant to the flight & paid the dry rental of the aircraft from his funds.

Even the public knowledge that McKay's usual pilot paid the hotel bill & food bill for Dave Ibbotson can't be deemed as remuneration for flying duties ( Anyone can offer to pay someone's hotel bill & treat them to a meal without it being classed as remuneration).

The only way they would be deemed remuneration is if there are invoices from Dave Ibbotson stating Pilot Services, I am seriously hoping that no paperwork to that effect is ever found or submitted.

I am now taking a more pragmatic approach to the subject & really wanting that remuneration cannot be proven with a paper trail because then the only irregularities will be that to try to keep the organisers happy Dave Ibbotson made some bad decisions in the belief that he could get away with it.
    I know that won't bring Dave Ibbotson back but it will make the ongoing heartache & stress a bit less intense for his family if there aren't commercial implications.

None of the already disclosed facts will change from what I have carefully published, the focus on whether Dave Ibbotson was employed for Commercial Pilot services or whether he was genuinely just flying as a favour for a mate of his will be the defining factor on so much of this unfortunate accident. At this time it is not known what the statements made by Dave Henderson contain, I am sure that will become clearer when the AAIB reports are published ( I feel there will be quite a few addendum's as more comes to light )

This reads to me that you are backtracking somewhat from you previous accusations?

If they weren’t 100% true then I can see why

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    This reads to me that you are backtracking somewhat from you previous accusations?

If they weren’t 100% true then I can see why
    StraightOuttaCanton, I am not backtracking at all from what I have factually stated & the AAIB report will say pretty much everything I have factually said ( The AAIB in an official capacity cannot apportion blame or liability, so they can't say these things as openly as I have )

I will stand by everything I have posted as being factual, I will also stand up & be counted if anything differs slightly from what I have posted. ( I am not expecting anything I have said to be seen as not 100% true once the report is published )

I posted that message at 0051hrs after having been 'ripped a new arsehole' by my boss over not showing much compassion towards the people left behind to pick up the pieces.

StraightOuttaCanton, I am not backtracking at all from what I have factually stated & the AAIB report will say pretty much everything I have factually said ( The AAIB in an official capacity cannot apportion blame or liability, so they can't say these things as openly as I have )

I will stand by everything I have posted as being factual, I will also stand up & be counted if anything differs slightly from what I have posted. ( I am not expecting anything I have said to be seen as not 100% true once the report is published )

I posted that message at 0051hrs after having been 'ripped a new arsehole' by my boss over not showing much compassion towards the people left behind to pick up the pieces.
    Dont take any notice of this posters comments or give him the time of day. I would guess that he is probably a journalist or something similar trying to wind us up and mislead us. See what he really thinks about us City fans and football fans in general by reading his posts on the 'Cardiff City are trying to hang me out to dry - Willie Mckay' separate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Dont take any notice of this posters comments or give him the time of day. I would guess that he is probably a journalist or something similar trying to wind us up and mislead us. See what he really thinks about us City fans and football fans in general by reading his posts on the 'Cardiff City are trying to hang me out to dry - Willie Mckay' separate thread.
    Well, that is novel..... in another thread dml1954 thinks I am a 12 year old who has swallowed a dictonary & an aviation guidebook.
    He hasn't got a clue & that is really boiling his blood.

Once the AAIB report is released we will see how much of what I have said was misleading or posted to wind you up

My bet is, everything I have released is 100% factual.
    I have nothing but contempt for Willie McKay so I am not holding back where it comes to him.

He is the lowest of the low, even CCFC are distancing themselves from him now.