+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: “I’m back” - Ken

“I’m back” - Ken

Watch Ken go to the fans. He just says I’m back.... and indeed he is. Looks a player again

Re: “I’m back” - Ken

We really need him to step up. He did today and all of a sudden, the rest of the season is getting very exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    We really need him to step up. He did today and all of a sudden, the rest of the season is getting very exciting!
    Was just about to say this.
    A reinvigorated Ken would be just what we need right now!

Agreed

ive been saying the same for a while, he gets 5 10 mins here and there, give him a bit more play time, did everything expected, held up and laid off the ball well, won free kicks, got into progressive areas... and of course got the goal, never give up attitude is what we need... battle on week in week out for the rest of the campaign and we will be just fine

Thanks for deciding to try for the last 3 months of the season Ken

Very good goal that. He's so close to Camarasa that the is peddling back so that he can take the pass and give himself enough room to take the shot, and he's adjusting his feet-'Guess who's Back'

I've heard a couple of 'experts' on separate occasions say KZ mis-hit it. What tosh!

As has been said, he had no time to adjust and got his shot away.
    Instinctive goal and crucial for us and himself.

My personal take on this and it's nothing more but I think Ken was sick and tired of balls being lumped towards his ahead. Rightly or wrongly he rebelled and we got what we've seen this season. Now with the introduction of Niasse we appear to be playing a game which suits Ken and he's flourishing. I've seen it the last few weeks and think we could see the old Ken back.

Reminded me of his goal away at Ipswich a year or two back. Scruffy, but a center forwards goal.

I never gave up on Ken. A fit and firing Ken can be devastating at any level. And I do believe that. Look at some of the goals he’s scored for us. That goal today could be start of a real good run, like the goal against Wolves did a few years ago. Here’s hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    My personal take on this and it's nothing more but I think Ken was sick and tired of balls being lumped towards his ahead. Rightly or wrongly he rebelled and we got what we've seen this season. Now with the introduction of Niasse we appear to be playing a game which suits Ken and he's flourishing. I've seen it the last few weeks and think we could see the old Ken back.
    I think you're not far off the mark there. He also used to go to ground a lot, often just sat there with his arms raised in protest and slowly getting up on his feet. I don't think it was so much a complaint about being fouled at that particular time but more of a protest concerning our on-going style of play, a kind of.. "How much longer are we going to continue with this...?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I think you're not far off the mark there. He also used to go to ground a lot, often just sat there with his arms raised in protest and slowly getting up on his feet. I don't think it was so much a complaint about being fouled at that particular time but more of a protest concerning our on-going style of play, a kind of.. "How much longer are we going to continue with this...?"
    Yes and what made it worse for Ken is the team were just doing what the manager wanted. I think when Ken realised nothing was going to change he gave up.