+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So many positives

So many positives

2 games and excellent performances from Peltier, Bennett and Ralls.
    Zohore is returning and today scored the vital goal.
    Bamba putting away the ones that Morrison was missing.
    Two good performances from Niasse.
    And the defence as a unit seems to be in better shape ( not having a go at Morrison).

Re: So many positives

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    And the defence as a unit seems to be in better shape ( not having a go at Morrison).
    Bennett really needs to stop ball watching, he's a nightmare for it, eyes on the ball and no idea where the player is. He did well today although all of that wouldn't have counted for much if the game had ended in a draw.

I think many of us have been saying that Morrison has been struggling at this level. If he isn't chipping in with goals I see no reason for him to start in place of Manga.

Bacuna won ever challenge when he came on, thought he had an awesome 20 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Bennett really needs to stop ball watching, he's a nightmare for it, eyes on the ball and no idea where the player is. He did well today although all of that wouldn't have counted for much if the game had ended in a draw.
    The goal was Bamba's fault.. he swerved out of the way rather than attempting the clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Agreed, he seemed really up for it and showed a bit of quality too.

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    The goal was Bamba's fault.. he swerved out of the way rather than attempting the clearance.
    Bamba put himself in a shit position, if he had made contact with the cross then god knows where it would have ended up, he played percentages and thought **** it, i'll leave that one. Doesn't matter though, Bennett should've been switched on, he had no idea where the player was. He's been done like that a few times this season.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I think many of us have been saying that Morrison has been struggling at this level. If he isn't chipping in with goals I see no reason for him to start in place of Manga.
    Chipping in with goals? He's a defender, he's not there to score goals, if he does then it's on top of defending well.

I thought Bennett didn't have a particularly good game, not just based on the Southampton goal that they scored but in general. He gets the wrong side of his man too many times and plays balls tight to the touchline that the receiver has little hope of doing anything with.

While everyone is criticising Bamba and Bennett, the fact that Charlie Austin was allowed to glance on a near post header seems to have been ignored - it was one of many poor goals we've conceded from set pieces this season, but without that slight touch from Austin, I don't think Southampton score, so solely blaming two defenders beyond the near post area for it seems wrong to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I can't agree with that.

Morrison has been one of our best players this season.

Watching from abroad thought it was a truly gutsy performance - and again brilliant support. I was among the 8,000 odd who watched the last time we won two in a row in top flight(!). Like others I am surprised (and pleased) that Peltier is actually doing so well. Even apart from his two blocks he looks comfortable. Ralls has his confidence back, Patersen - well what can I add? Zahore now must surely also have his confidence back, and what a debut from Bacuna - he looks a real asset. Add Bamba and Mango in the heart of things and I am definitely optimistic.

If we had the players who rarely make mistakes, the midfielders who control games, the forwards who take the chances we would be at the other end of the table.
    We are who we are and we are doing ok

If we had the players who rarely make mistakes, the midfielders who control games, the forwards who take the chances we would be at the other end of the table.
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    While everyone is criticising Bamba and Bennett, the fact that Charlie Austin was allowed to glance on a near post header seems to have been ignored - it was one of many poor goals we've conceded from set pieces this season, but without that slight touch from Austin, I don't think Southampton score, so solely blaming two defenders beyond the near post area for it seems wrong to me.
    Not like we weren’t warned as Austin won one a few minutes earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I can't agree with that.

Morrison has been one of our best players this season.
    Bloody hell, it's like some people don't watch the game. Morrison has been so error prone, caught ball watching and following. He did a good impression of a league 1 defender against gillingham though!

The defensive mixup for their goal aside it was a near perfect away performance

Or more likely we’d sell them !

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post